The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:55 AM
Administrator

The Chelsy Davy Thread 2: Nov 2005-Feb 2006

This is Part 2 of The Chelsy Davy Thread.

Please do not create additional threads.

Post all Chelsy Davy topics here.

The old threads, now merged into The Chelsy Davy Thread part 1, can be found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-1-a-8053.html

Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 AM
Serene Highness

Gossip

Hum? Just one thread for pics and news and tidbits? Kate has several threads (What does Will likes about her?, Kate in Hello, Kate pictures, etc.) hasn't she? I mean that makes things a bit clearer, no?

Whatever, :)

From The Sun (prepare your bucket of salt)

Chelsy dealt Royal snub

PRINCE Harry’s girlfriend Chelsy Davy has been dealt a Christmas snub by the Royal Family. She did not receive an invitation to the royals’ festive get-together — but Prince William’s girlfriend WILL be there.
The Queen has invited Kate Middleton, 23, to Sandringham, while 20-year-old Chelsy has been ignored. She and Harry will try to put the rejection behind them by spending the New Year together on a paradise island.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank God the Queen has some sense not to have invited Chelsy.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Chelsy dealt Royal snub: Chelsy ban leaves Harry lonely this Christmas
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1644&Itemid=2
Old 11-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Its such a short time of realtionship between then for a christimas with family... I think thats corret, the queen is corret
Old 11-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see a pattern. This isn't the first time she has been sent away while Kate was invited.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

It makes sense that the Queen didn't invite Chelsy. William and Kate have been together much longer than Harry and Chelsy have. Plus, Kate being more discreet about everything probably helps her.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt the Queen's decision has anything to do with the length of the relationship, but the fact that Chelsy is highly controversial due to her father's connections with Mugabe. There is no way the Prime Minister would ever approve a marriage and, therefore, Harry will eventually have to move on for the sake of the Crown.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Royal Highness

I doubt this would happen, but if Harry really wanted to marry Chelsy, couldn't he just remove himself from the line of succession? I know it's highly unlikely, just wondering.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I doubt this would happen, but if Harry really wanted to marry Chelsy, couldn't he just remove himself from the line of succession? I know it's highly unlikely, just wondering.
Under the Royal Marriages Act, Harry could not marry Chelsy at the present time without the Queen's consent. Once he reaches age 25, he could marry without the consent of the Sovereign, provided he declared his intention in writing to the Privy Council and waited one year.

If the Prime Minister refused to approve the marriage, Parliament would pass an Act to exclude Harry from the line of succession and, very likely, stripping him of his rank of Royal Highness and Prince of the UK.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Nobility

It's good that they havent been invited to the "royal get-together."
Now Harry and Chlesy can have fun and enjoy themselves rather than worrying about pleasing the Queen. I don't think Harry and Chelsy really care what the Queen or who ever else thinks about their relationship.They care about eachother which is more important.Unlike Kate, who would skip a heartbeat if she was told to, Chelsy is her own person and I wish Harry and her, both have a great time----ALONE!!
Old 11-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Commoner

Harry will be with his family, I'm sure. And he better care what the Queen thinks. (there are no signs whatsoever that he doesn't)

You seem to know a lot more about the royal girlfriends than what you possibly can have learnt from newpaper reports and pictures. There's no way I can say that Kate is not her own person, so how can you? And what has Chesley done to show that she is her own person? Dressing and behaving like so many other young and immature girls doesn't make her very special and "of her own mind." I have never seen or heard that she has stood up for herself or anybody else or having had to fight for anything. That's ok for now, but don't make her into something she isn't. She is fun? Oh?How do we know? People say Kate is fun too. Why don't you believe that? Don't tell me you can see it from pictures, please.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina
Harry will be with his family, I'm sure. And he better care what the Queen thinks. (there are no signs whatsoever that he doesn't)
Harry is young and entitled to have a girlfriend who makes him happy. But he also knows and understands he has responsibilities as a prince of the blood royal who is so close to the throne. And he most certainly does care what his grandmother and father thinks.

I highly doubt Harry would defy the Queen or his father with regard to the issue of Chelsy. Prince Charles has made it clear to him what he will tolerate.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Commoner

I was looking at image galleries and found a couple that weren't posted in the previous thread of Chelsy arriving at Heathrow? Does anyone or would anyone please post those pics? They are at isifa.com. The one I find interesting is the first one where she seems to have something blue in front of her and appears to be giving two thumbs up to photographers. I could be wrong it's such a small picture. I hope we get some new Prince Harry Photos soon.
P.S. This is such a good forum, I love the diverse opinions.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Commoner

Photo

New pic of Chelsy
Courtesy Isifa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	is_11444592.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	217822  
Old 11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Eh looks like she's just running from the paparazzi, not giving a thumbs up. She also looks like she might have something in her eye??
Old 11-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Commoner

Thanks for the pic Dynamite85.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Courtier

Well just throwing this out could it be possible that the tabolid was wrong, or that maybe Chelsy doesn't want to spend Christmas in a different country without her family.

I think it is a little much to refer to the Queen as (word has been deleated, from orginial post) for something that we don't know (and probaby isn't true).

ETA : I changed the word from the *** I didn't think that it reflected my orginial intention anymore
Old 11-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Well just throwing this out could it be possible that the tabolid was wrong, or that maybe Chelsy doesn't want to spend Christmas in a different country without her family.
I think it is a little much to refer to the Queen as (word has been deleated, from orginial post) for something that we don't know (and probaby isn't true).
The Queen is the Sovereign and subject to the Prime Minister's advice. To permit Chelsy to join the royal family or visit a royal palace is unacceptable due to her father's unsavory connections. This is just the reality of royal life.

I'm sure the Queen wants Harry to be happy and enjoy himself, but he is a prince of the blood royal who must follow the will of the Sovereign.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Nobility

haha her expressions are always um...unique

Tags
chelsy davy