The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

And probably one of the reasons why the Queen has yet to approve of her.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
And probably one of the reasons why the Queen has yet to approve of her.
I doubt that day will ever come.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Royal Highness

Then all the lovebirds need to do is wait it out like Papa Charles. :p
Old 12-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I doubt that day will ever come.
Well people used to say that about HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, Crown Princess of England...

Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I don't think that Harry is capable of that. There are just too many blondes out there.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
They'll be waiting a long time because there is no way Prince Charles or The Queen will approve a marriage for Harry and Chelsy. She is completely unsuitable.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
They'll be waiting a long time because there is no way Prince Charles or The Queen will approve a marriage for Harry and Chelsy. She is completely unsuitable.
Diana was said "suitable" and what happened ?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
I could say say a few things about this subject but could we stay on the topic of chelsy please.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I could say say a few things about this subject but could we stay on the topic of chelsy please.
I meant that saying that someone is "suitable" is not enough. All that counts is that Harry loves Chelsy. If he does it is not important whether she is "suitable".
Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Diana got herself into an unsuitable sitiation without asking for it. That's the diferrence. Chelsy is no Diana. She is too... how to put it politely?...trashy.
The new gals, Chelsy and Kate, should be judged by their own merits and in any case against each other. Not against the situation with the late Diana. Is like comparing apples and oranges.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Diana got herself into an unsuitable sitiation without asking for it. That's the diferrence. Chelsy is no Diana. She is too... how to put it politely?...trashy.
The new gals, Chelsy and Kate, should be judged by their own merits and in any case against each other. Not against the situation with the late Diana. Is like comparing apples and oranges.

Diana knew what she was doing marrying Charles. She was not insane. How do you know Chelsy is "trashy"? Do you know her or you only read tabloids ? Being "suitable" is not enough. The question is - does Harry love her? If he does that is not your or my business to jugde his girlfriend "suitable" or not. Everybody judge Diana as "suitable bride for Charles" but she was not suitable for HIM at all - she was "suitable" for the public. And look what happened. Don't make the same mistake with Harry and his girlfriend.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Administrator

It's probably better if we leave the subject of Diana to other threads and just confine ourselves to Harry and Chelsy.

Warren
British Forums Moderator
Old 12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
It's probably better if we leave the subject of Diana to other threads and just confine ourselves to Harry and Chelsy.

You are right but I was only comparing the situations. IMO that does not matter if Chelsy is "suitable" :) That is all :)
Old 12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You are right but I was only comparing the situations. IMO that does not matter if Chelsy is "suitable" :) That is all :)
Well it WILL matter to the Queen if she is suitable or not and you're right, we don't know enough about her to know if she is suitable or not but by the looks of her, (leaving her rear out in the clear) and some of the things she wears she doesn't look like she'd fit into the royal family to me. And I know there is all this talk about other girls her age wearing these clothes, but when you're dating a person in the royal family you will get scrutinized because members of THAT family don't run around in those kinds of clothes. If she can last through this media storm then that's great but we have the right to express our feelings about her no matter if they're good or bad or about her being classy or trashy.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
And I know there is all this talk about other girls her age wearing these clothes, but when you're dating a person in the royal family you will get scrutinized because members of THAT family don't run around in those kinds of clothes.
Almost all girls of her age wear that kind of clothes. I don't think she should change her wardrobe because she is dating Harry. They are both pretty normal twenty ones I don't think that we have any title to tell that she is not "suitable" :) This is the word from the very distant era for me :) ! And looking at royal family marriage record - they are the last people to tell somebody who is or is not "suitable" General message from me - live the girl alone :)
Old 12-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I meant that saying that someone is "suitable" is not enough. All that counts is that Harry loves Chelsy. If he does it is not important whether she is "suitable".
It's not that simple. Harry is a prince of the UK who is third in line to the throne at this time. He cannot marry a girl who is unacceptable to the Government due to the fact her father has ties to Mugabe. He knows that.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
It's not that simple. Harry is a prince of the UK who is third in line to the throne at this time. He cannot marry a girl who is unacceptable to the Government due to the fact her father has ties to Mugabe. He knows that.
Why he cannot? Chelsy does not have links with Mugabe and Harry is not dating her father . Chelsy is not responsible for her dad. If I am not wrong according to the law Harry cannot marry catholic but this is not Chelsy case.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Why he cannot? Chelsy does not have links with Mugabe and Harry is not dating her father . Chelsy is not responsible for her dad. If I am not wrong according to the law Harry cannot marry catholic but this is not Chelsy case.
She does have links to her father, who is unacceptable to the Government, and cannot be a member of the royal family. Harry cannot marry under the Royal Marriages Act without the permission of the Queen, who would have to seek advice from the Prime Minister to approve it. Such approval would not be forthcoming.

If Harry is willing to renounce his place in the line of succession and relinquish his rank as a Royal Highness and Prince of the UK, then he probably could marry her. But then he would just be The Lord Henry Windsor, or at best, an Earl, if he was lucky to be granted a peerage.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

With what happened the last time a Windsor gave up his right to the throne (think back to the 1930's), I don't think it would be the best idea for him to do so.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Courtier

I think Chelsy is just one of many fazes for Harry and we should wait it out until he finds someone who the Queen likes and also has the personality he desires. I dont' see Harry as setteling down with one woman so young, there are many, many, many fish out there in the sea for him and I think he'll take that opportunity when it comes.

Tags
chelsy davy