The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Commoner

!!!!!

Oops, sorry to use bad language. My post got deleted so let me express myself more delicately. If the Queen did indeed snub Chelsy, then I've lost respect for her. She should have learned something from her son's unhappy marriage, which we all know he entered into because he thought it was "good for the crown". Bah!

I wish Harry the best in his choice of a lover/partner/wife. I hope he chooses according to his own heart and not to please his father or grandmother.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Nobility

I don't think she is snubbing Chelsy in a rude way. Yes, she is Harry's grandmother but she is also the Queen of the Commonwealth and she has to think about those things too. I really don't think it is as big of a deal as the media is trying to make it.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina
Harry will be with his family, I'm sure. And he better care what the Queen thinks. (there are no signs whatsoever that he doesn't)

You seem to know a lot more about the royal girlfriends than what you possibly can have learnt from newpaper reports and pictures. There's no way I can say that Kate is not her own person, so how can you? And what has Chesley done to show that she is her own person? Dressing and behaving like so many other young and immature girls doesn't make her very special and "of her own mind." I have never seen or heard that she has stood up for herself or anybody else or having had to fight for anything. That's ok for now, but don't make her into something she isn't. She is fun? Oh?How do we know? People say Kate is fun too. Why don't you believe that? Don't tell me you can see it from pictures, please.
You don't have to say that Kate is not her own person, because that's how you view her, to me she is just another girl trying to impress the Queen.There is no possible way for any of us to know who is more fun, but the type of news articles that are written about them and photographs that we see of them, gives ME a good idea on how their personalties are.When was the last time you heard of Kate doing something adventerous or fun?OK, forget about their pictures, you can tell about a person by their clothes.Have you seen the way Kate dresses?She dresses like a grandma.(nothing against grandmas:) )Chelsy dresses like many people her age.Many of the clothes she wears are not THAT bad.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:54 AM
Heir Apparent

"When was the last time you heard of Kate doing something adventerous or fun?"

So the fact that you don't see pictures of Kate sky-diving or lurching out of a club looking an absolute mess mean she's boring?!

"Many of the clothes she wears are not THAT bad."
You're right. They're hideous.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Commoner

Comparisons

I think each girl suits her man. Harry would probably be bored to tears with Kate and William would have his hands much too full with Chelsy. :) Each girl has her good points and her not so good points. Kate isn't better than Chelsy.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up So true

To right. :)
Old 11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Commoner

But what is it that Chelsey does that is do fantastically exciting and what is it that Kate does that is so boring?? From what I've seen they live pretty much the same kind of lives. Uni, clubs, shops, holidays etc.

A classicly dressed girl can be as funny and interesting as one that has to read the fashion mags before she dresses.

And what is it that Kate has done that so obviously was done to impress the Queen? And you know that Chesey hasn't done anything similar?

One thing is for sure though: to become a princess and be able to live a good and happy life as a member of the royal family, Chelsey will have to go through the biggest change. Or else she will be "killed" by the court and the press. No matter how much Harry loves her.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
You don't have to say that Kate is not her own person, because that's how you view her, to me she is just another girl trying to impress the Queen.There is no possible way for any of us to know who is more fun, but the type of news articles that are written about them and photographs that we see of them, gives ME a good idea on how their personalties are.When was the last time you heard of Kate doing something adventerous or fun?OK, forget about their pictures, you can tell about a person by their clothes.Have you seen the way Kate dresses?She dresses like a grandma.(nothing against grandmas:) )Chelsy dresses like many people her age.Many of the clothes she wears are not THAT bad.
Eh hem, I'm 21 years old and I dress like kate and I know a lot of people my age who do dress like Kate. Just because you dress with class doesn't mean you're a grandma! I think what Kate wears is very nice and I'm glad that she wears what she wants without having to show her body off every second.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:25 PM

Kate seems conservative like William, and Chelsy seems to like to live it up like Harry. They're just different sorts of people. Neither one is better than the other. But just because someone is conservative, that doesn't mean they don't know how to have fun. "Fun" is relative. "Fun" for Kate and William might be a quiet evening at home watching movies or listening to CDs. Or it might be doing outdoorsy things like riding or hiking. "Fun" for someone else like Chelsy might be club-hopping. It all depends on the person. Everyone likes having fun in their own ways.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina
One thing is for sure though: to become a princess and be able to live a good and happy life as a member of the royal family, Chelsey will have to go through the biggest change. Or else she will be "killed" by the court and the press. No matter how much Harry loves her.
The only way Harry could marry Chelsy is to reliniquish his royal rank and title and his place in the line of succession, so I don't think we have to worry about it.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

I haven't read about Chelsy being Catholic. As far as I am aware of, that will be the only reason for Harry to relinquish his position in the line of succession if he marries a Catholic. Not that I think the girl doesn't need some emotional growth, that doesn't make her an unsuitable royal wife.

I can't believe I'm defending Chelsy...what has the world come to. :p
Old 12-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I haven't read about Chelsy being Catholic. As far as I am aware of, that will be the only reason for Harry to relinquish his position in the line of succession if he marries a Catholic. Not that I think the girl doesn't need some emotional growth, that doesn't make her an unsuitable royal wife.

I can't believe I'm defending Chelsy...what has the world come to. :p
Marrying a Catholic simply bars you automatically under the Act of Settlement from the line of succession. Parliament may remove anyone from the succession for any reason whatsoever.

As in the case of Princess Margaret when she planned to marry Townsend, the Prime Minister would advise the Queen that Chelsy is not an appropriate candidate to become a royal wife because her father is politically unacceptable to the Government as a supporter of Mugabe.

The price for Harry for choosing to marry anyway would be Parliament passing an Act of Exclusion removing him from the line of succession and the Queen would be forced to issue letters patent removing his royal rank for defying the will of the Sovereign.

Not a pretty picture!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Courtier

Why you guys judge this poor girl sooo much? well I have to say... I've judged Kate many times... But was just because my wish was to be william's girlfriend, I know that sounds really silly but it was happening...
Now I just realized that we need to be more realistic, we have no chance so
what is the point in being so rude and unfair with the prince's girlfriends?
backing to chelsy... She's just a rich teenager,she wants to enjoy her life with her boyfriend what is soooo wrong? Leave her alone.
this was just something that I needed to talk I'm sorry...
Well backing to the "no invitation" thing, I still with my mind in the same thing. The queen is absolutely right, by the way, Who am I to judge the queen?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Scan from a portuguese magazine NOVA GENTE. It talks about Chelsy's first gaffe by showing her bottom. LOL
Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought that would come back to Haunt her (poor girl thats bound to be embarassing)
Old 12-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Aristocracy

guess it came back to bite her in the butt! (pun intended!) Guess she will have to start wearing higher hip jeans!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky24
guess it came back to bite her in the butt! (pun intended!)
I guess she will have to start wearing higher hip jeans!
i don't think she would go along with not showing ANYTHING. If she won't show some butt , she would show something else, or it wouldn't be Chelsy
Old 12-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Nobility

I just don't understand why many of you are soooo hard on her.:(
Old 12-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
i don't think she would go along with not showing ANYTHING. If she won't show some butt , she would show something else, or it wouldn't be Chelsy
Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen her fully covered.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
This is true, but not very classy

Tags
chelsy davy