The Chelsy Davy Thread 1: July-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she dresses like any teenager would dress now a days.I think she looks cute.Although you are right, she could wear a longer shirt.:) ;)

polop said:
she dresses like any teenager would dress now a days.I think she looks cute.Although you are right, she could wear a longer shirt.:) ;)

doesnt have to be a longer shirt, just a working belt.

God, yet more tacky pictures of Chelsy. The more I see of her the more i fail to understand what Harry sees in her. She looks and acts like a complete chav.

Little_star said:
God, yet more tacky pictures of Chelsy. The more I see of her the more i fail to understand what Harry sees in her. She looks and acts like a complete chav.

I think I completely agree with you, only what does "chav" mean?

Yes..what doe chav mean?

I don't care for her style of dress..but I am not an 18 year old..and I think its a generational thing.

Can't wait until this relationship is over...I am sorry..I know that sounds mean. First Love and all that. But in his position..I just can't see him marrying her.

Chav, is a term used to describe a group of people, here in the UK. Wikipedia has quite an amusing explanation:

Chav

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search

Look up Chav in Wiktionary, the free dictionary

Chav is a slang term which has been in wide use throughout the United Kingdom since 2004. It refers to a subcultural stereotype of a person with fashions such as flashy "bling" jewellery and counterfeit designer clothes, an uneducated, impoverished background, a tendency to congregate around places such as fast-food outlets or other shopping areas and a culture of antisocial behaviour.
In the past such people have been called yobs. Response to the term has ranged from amusement to criticism that it is a new manifestation of classism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

Little_star said:
Chav, is a term used to describe a group of people, here in the UK. Wikipedia has quite an amusing explanation:

Chav

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search

Look up Chav in Wiktionary, the free dictionary

Chav is a slang term which has been in wide use throughout the United Kingdom since 2004. It refers to a subcultural stereotype of a person with fashions such as flashy "bling" jewellery and counterfeit designer clothes, an uneducated, impoverished background, a tendency to congregate around places such as fast-food outlets or other shopping areas and a culture of antisocial behaviour.
In the past such people have been called yobs. Response to the term has ranged from amusement to criticism that it is a new manifestation of classism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

ok, thanks! really interesting. i think i know some people who are "chavs":)

Well, I'm 21 years old just a few older than Chelsy and I still don't like how she dresses, it's just a matter of wearing clothes that don't show every part of your body and if you know that your pants COULD slip down to show your backside then either wear a belt like pollyemma said or wear something that will prevent that.

There's just certain ways people want to present themselves, and some people want to be exhibitionist's and some like to be demure. I guess Chelsy is an exhibitionist and likes the attention she gets from dressing that way.:confused:

I think it takes someone with some degree of exhibitionism to be in a high-profile relationship. Anyone who is truely "shy" would never even get near someone like Harry.

You guys are very judgmental, god she's just a teenager girl after all...
relax people...

Paula** said:
relax people...

I'm just stating my opinion about how she dresses Paula, I haven't attacked her character and said she's a bad person for dressing like that. But I call em as I see em. After all everyone is allowed to their opinion.

Paula** said:
relax people...

Thankyou.At least she is secure to wear what she wants to wear.:) ;)

I Dont get why everyone picks on Chelsy shes NOTHING like Paris Hilton imho

No one denies that she is a teenager and dresses accordingly. When I see other teenagers dressed in the same manner I repeat the same thing...What on earth are they wearing! They don't happen to be dating a Prince and don't have a thread that I can verablize my opinion :)

Royal Fan said:
I Dont get why everyone picks on Chelsy shes NOTHING like Paris Hilton imho

I dont think its picking on her to say that she should wear a belt to keep from showing her crack to photogs! the fact that she doesn't says something about her.

I agree, she is definitely NOWHERE near the Paris Hilton level of trashiness (thanksfully). paris (much as she might try to) doesn't sum up the word trashy. there are gradations within the term. La Hilton is on the extreme end.

Chelsy, imho, has only a mild case of trashiness. not incurable, i think, with some lessons from those nice staffers at Clarence house and growing a few years older and wiser.

I'm keeping hope alive for Chelsy. there's potential.

though i don't think we'll be around to see it. She and Harry dont really have long term commitment written all over them. i suspect by this time next year they'll be broken up and she will become an obscure trivia question that only TRF members will know the answer to.

She's 19! Harry and Chelsy have been together for over a year. There is some obvious commitment there, especially since they live far away from each other. It's not that I'm cheering Chelsy on to become a princess or guaranteeing that they'll stay together but their relationship isn't as trivial as it may seem. I agree Chelsy does have potential, she probably just needs a few years to gain some mature perspective. BTW, she can't be that clueless to think she can do some of the things she's doing now, IF she becomes a princess.

Well, Paris Hilton has made a name for herself by pushing the limits. I respect Paris, actually. I think what she's done is smart. She's set herself apart from the average heiress. She's not just known as a Hilton. She's a whole entity unto herself. She did that on purpose, so that she wouldn't be in the Hilton shadow. I think that's great, breaking away from the Hilton shadow. Having a famous last name brings challenges that we mere mortals can't really relate to, I think. But onto the point, about Chelsy, she's not really comparable to Paris. Chelsy does not have a famous last name and she's not the exhibitionist that Paris is. chelsy doesn't walk around bearing her cleavage to the world. Her fashion sense may be off-the-beaten-path, but at least she is covered up. She's also not nearly as beautiful as Paris. I'm not trying to insult her, but it's a fact. Chelsy is just not a beauty. She's ok looking, she's cute enough, but she's not a Mary Donaldson or a Maxima, not even close.
I think for two people their age, Harry and Chelsy have a surprisingly committed relationship. The long distance thing is impressive. It's admirable. There probably aren't many Harry's age who would go along with an arrangement like that, especially considering that he's a prince and he could have anyone he wants. For Chelsy, it's less difficult to understand her motivations. She would naturally endure a lot, make sacrifices, to become closer to someone like Harry. Many girls her age would, of course. He's a prince, he's rich, he's handsome, he's fun. What's not to like?
Harry probably wants to marry her and the only thing holding him back is the reservations of people close to him.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Yes, but didn't Harry cheat on her?

I have no idea. :eek: If he did, then that certainly proves he's not ready for marriage. Some people mature very early and make great marriages very young, but those people are pretty rare, so it is more likely that Harry and Chelsy are too immature for marriage now. I just meant that they seem to be really serious, something that is not very common for royals of that age. I mean, it happens, but I wouldn't say it happens a lot. Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana, Carl Philip and Emma Pernald.... these are very longterm relationships involving people close in age to Harry, but when you consider the number of other young royals who have had many relationships of varying seriousness (Madeleine of Sweden, Zara Phillips) and then others quite a bit older (Crown Prince Fred of Denmark) who dated loads of people before settling down. I think Fred has a great shot at having a long and happy marriage with Mary because he dated around for so long and waited patiently for the "right" person. Maybe Harry and Chelsy will be another Felipe and Eva story. He'll declare his love for her to his family, but his family won't approve, and he'll have to dump her and move on. I don't know. Just supposing....:)

I Wonder at what age he will be ready His Father was 32 when he married Diana

I think Harry and William will both get married before they turn 30. But I guess it all depends on when they find the right girl, may it be 25 or 45. Could both of them be engaged at the same time? Is that allowed?

soCal girl said:
I think Harry and William will both get married before they turn 30. But I guess it all depends on when they find the right girl, may it be 25 or 45. Could both of them be engaged at the same time? Is that allowed?

I agree. the only thing that counts is meeting the right person. i'm sure harry and william both understand that very well.

I definitely think they could be engaged at the same time. Margriet and beatrix were engaged at the same time. WA and Maxima officially anounced their engagement shortly before Laurentien and Constantijn's wedding. WA and M asked L and C first if it would be ok with them to make the anouncement then, because of course that would take away a lot of the attention. L and C were fine with it.

i think that's what harry and william would also do should engagements coincide.(wouldnt that be fun!!!)

That would be fun and crazy! Can you imagine all the press attention, on both of them at the same time for such huge events? Wouldn't there be separate engagement dinners and entertainment and such?
Just wondering about Chelsy, does anybody know her plans after university? Is she staying in South Africa or heading up to England to be with Harry? What job would you think she would be searching for? Maybe premature questions, but just some thoughts milling around my head.

I personally wouldn't want William and Harry's engagements to overlap each other. Each couple should get their press attention and congratulations alone. I would prefer if William got engaged and married first and then right away Harry would do the same. Who knows if Chelsy will be the bride? Who knows if Kate will be the bride? It could be some random women right now who don't know that they would become princesses.

On a different note, is Chelsy a natural blonde? In some pictures I see some dark streaks underneath. Does she dye it blonde? I would like to see how she would look with darker hair. Worse or better?

soCal girl said:
On a different note, is Chelsy a natural blonde? In some pictures I see some dark streaks underneath. Does she dye it blonde? I would like to see how she would look with darker hair. Worse or better?
Isn't it interesting that Harry has typically gone for blondes and redheads (natural or dyed). Emma Lippiat, Emilia d'erlanger, both blonde. Nicola Sturgis, redhead. Chelsy, very blonde, though debatably natural or dyed?

Yet William has typically gone for brunettes. Natalie Hicks-Lobecke and Zara Simmonds are the only non-brunettes I can think of at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
CasiraghiTrio said:
Isn't it interesting that Harry has typically gone for blondes and redheads (natural or dyed). ....
Yet William has typically gone for brunettes.... .

hahahaha very true.
Lets all of us dye our hair. But I’m not sure which color should I go. May be brunette.:eek:

segolen said:
hahahaha very true.
Lets all of us dye our hair. But I’m not sure which color should I go. May be brunette.:eek:

Depends whether you're going for Harry or William. Brunettes are often stereotyped as more intellectual and we all heard jokes on blondes. So if Harry is your fantasy prince remember that he is an action guy, not an intellectual, and then don't even think about becoming a brunette!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom