The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Yes, but didn't Harry cheat on her?
I have no idea. :o If he did, then that certainly proves he's not ready for marriage. Some people mature very early and make great marriages very young, but those people are pretty rare, so it is more likely that Harry and Chelsy are too immature for marriage now. I just meant that they seem to be really serious, something that is not very common for royals of that age. I mean, it happens, but I wouldn't say it happens a lot. Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana, Carl Philip and Emma Pernald.... these are very longterm relationships involving people close in age to Harry, but when you consider the number of other young royals who have had many relationships of varying seriousness (Madeleine of Sweden, Zara Phillips) and then others quite a bit older (Crown Prince Fred of Denmark) who dated loads of people before settling down. I think Fred has a great shot at having a long and happy marriage with Mary because he dated around for so long and waited patiently for the "right" person. Maybe Harry and Chelsy will be another Felipe and Eva story. He'll declare his love for her to his family, but his family won't approve, and he'll have to dump her and move on. I don't know. Just supposing....:)

Old 11-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Wonder at what age he will be ready His Father was 32 when he married Diana

Old 11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Courtier

I guess...... probably in the same age
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness

I think Harry and William will both get married before they turn 30. But I guess it all depends on when they find the right girl, may it be 25 or 45. Could both of them be engaged at the same time? Is that allowed?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I think Harry and William will both get married before they turn 30. But I guess it all depends on when they find the right girl, may it be 25 or 45. Could both of them be engaged at the same time? Is that allowed?

I agree. the only thing that counts is meeting the right person. i'm sure harry and william both understand that very well.

I definitely think they could be engaged at the same time. Margriet and beatrix were engaged at the same time. WA and Maxima officially anounced their engagement shortly before Laurentien and Constantijn's wedding. WA and M asked L and C first if it would be ok with them to make the anouncement then, because of course that would take away a lot of the attention. L and C were fine with it.

i think that's what harry and william would also do should engagements coincide.(wouldnt that be fun!!!)
Old 11-26-2005, 12:23 AM
Royal Highness

That would be fun and crazy! Can you imagine all the press attention, on both of them at the same time for such huge events? Wouldn't there be separate engagement dinners and entertainment and such?
Just wondering about Chelsy, does anybody know her plans after university? Is she staying in South Africa or heading up to England to be with Harry? What job would you think she would be searching for? Maybe premature questions, but just some thoughts milling around my head.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Royal Highness

I personally wouldn't want William and Harry's engagements to overlap each other. Each couple should get their press attention and congratulations alone. I would prefer if William got engaged and married first and then right away Harry would do the same. Who knows if Chelsy will be the bride? Who knows if Kate will be the bride? It could be some random women right now who don't know that they would become princesses.

On a different note, is Chelsy a natural blonde? In some pictures I see some dark streaks underneath. Does she dye it blonde? I would like to see how she would look with darker hair. Worse or better?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:10 AM

Quote:
On a different note, is Chelsy a natural blonde? In some pictures I see some dark streaks underneath. Does she dye it blonde? I would like to see how she would look with darker hair. Worse or better?
Isn't it interesting that Harry has typically gone for blondes and redheads (natural or dyed). Emma Lippiat, Emilia d'erlanger, both blonde. Nicola Sturgis, redhead. Chelsy, very blonde, though debatably natural or dyed?

Yet William has typically gone for brunettes. Natalie Hicks-Lobecke and Zara Simmonds are the only non-brunettes I can think of at the moment.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Isn't it interesting that Harry has typically gone for blondes and redheads (natural or dyed). ....
Yet William has typically gone for brunettes.... .

hahahaha very true.
Lets all of us dye our hair. But Im not sure which color should I go. May be brunette.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
hahahaha very true.
Lets all of us dye our hair. But Im not sure which color should I go. May be brunette.
Depends whether you're going for Harry or William. Brunettes are often stereotyped as more intellectual and we all heard jokes on blondes. So if Harry is your fantasy prince remember that he is an action guy, not an intellectual, and then don't even think about becoming a brunette!
Old 11-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I personally wouldn't want William and Harry's engagements to overlap each other. Each couple should get their press attention and congratulations alone. I would prefer if William got engaged and married first and then right away Harry would do the same. Who knows if Chelsy will be the bride? Who knows if Kate will be the bride? It could be some random women right now who don't know that they would become princesses
It is possible for their engagements to over lap, but if so, William would probably be married first. I have a feeling that it wouldn't happen though. I feel that Harry probably won't be getting married for a while.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
By the way, is it hot in South Africa?, maybe that's why she's always caught in barely there clothes. Just an observation.
It gets quite warm, however that is no excuse for vulgar displays of butt crackage. I grew up in Texas where it gets hotter than SA, and some people dressed with decorum and some did not. It is that simple.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
It gets quite warm, however that is no excuse for vulgar displays of butt crackage. I grew up in Texas where it gets hotter than SA, and some people dressed with decorum and some did not. It is that simple.
well, it is impossible for low cut jeans not to show some butt ckrack . They are everywhere, so it should not be a big deal realy.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Aristocracy

My husband grew up in Zim and he says she looks like she wouldn't know how to make tea properly. Apparently, as an Englishman, he means that as an insult.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
well, it is impossible for low cut jeans not to show some butt ckrack . They are everywhere, so it should not be a big deal realy.
In America it was a fad for a while for girls to wear pants so low the thing they were wearing was visible.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Courtier

If Harry and Chelsy did get married sometime in the near future do you think she would like royal life? Always having to do engagements and look proper. She seems like a free spirit to me, I think royal life would be too confinding for her. What do you think?

Also Fergie was a free spirit too and was married to a royal officer (like what harry will be) and they got divorced, do you think Chelsy would be able to stand seeing her husband only 3 months out of the year???
Old 11-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Maybe she'll be able to do it - she will not have to compete with a Diana for attention.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
If Harry and Chelsy did get married sometime in the near future do you think she would like royal life? Always having to do engagements and look proper. She seems like a free spirit to me, I think royal life would be too confinding for her. What do you think?

Also Fergie was a free spirit too and was married to a royal officer (like what harry will be) and they got divorced, do you think Chelsy would be able to stand seeing her husband only 3 months out of the year???
I do not think '"free spirit" translates into allowing a bald American to suck your toes in front of the Queen's grandchildren.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Courtier

They are also used to having a long distance relationship.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

What about giving her a break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I dont think its picking on her to say that she should wear a belt to keep from showing her crack to photogs!
She did I believe. You will notice there are about 10 pictures where she wears a belt and only one unfortunate pic. She was probably readjusting her belt or something and, of course, this is that picture that British tabloids published.
Casiraghitrio, that Chelsy is not pretty (or not as pretty as Paris Hilton) is not a fact, it's your opinion. I for one think that she is very pretty, gorgeous in certain pictures, and that Hilton is ugly (and judging by the posts in some other boards I visit, I am not alone in thinking this). You see, everything is relative. It's funny you bring out Mary, because she used to be common looking. Not common the way Chelsy is common, but not stunning as she IMO is today. My point is she benefited from a royal make-over (top personal trainer to shed the extra-pounds and wardrobe upgrade) and I would not make Chelsy trial before she benefits that too.
I actually feels sorry for her, because she seems a decent girl, loyal to Harry and sincere, BUT, my goddess, her wardrobe is a horrible, and she won't get away with such poor taste, especially on this board.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy