The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Nobility

she dresses like any teenager would dress now a days.I think she looks cute.Although you are right, she could wear a longer shirt.:)

Old 11-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
she dresses like any teenager would dress now a days.I think she looks cute.Although you are right, she could wear a longer shirt.:)
doesnt have to be a longer shirt, just a working belt.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

God, yet more tacky pictures of Chelsy. The more I see of her the more i fail to understand what Harry sees in her. She looks and acts like a complete chav.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
God, yet more tacky pictures of Chelsy. The more I see of her the more i fail to understand what Harry sees in her. She looks and acts like a complete chav.

I think I completely agree with you, only what does "chav" mean?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Yes..what doe chav mean?

I don't care for her style of dress..but I am not an 18 year old..and I think its a generational thing.

Can't wait until this relationship is over...I am sorry..I know that sounds mean. First Love and all that. But in his position..I just can't see him marrying her.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Chav, is a term used to describe a group of people, here in the UK. Wikipedia has quite an amusing explanation:

Chav

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search

Look up Chav in Wiktionary, the free dictionary

Chav is a slang term which has been in wide use throughout the United Kingdom since 2004. It refers to a subcultural stereotype of a person with fashions such as flashy "bling" jewellery and counterfeit designer clothes, an uneducated, impoverished background, a tendency to congregate around places such as fast-food outlets or other shopping areas and a culture of antisocial behaviour.
In the past such people have been called yobs. Response to the term has ranged from amusement to criticism that it is a new manifestation of classism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav
Old 11-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Chav, is a term used to describe a group of people, here in the UK. Wikipedia has quite an amusing explanation:

Chav

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search

Look up Chav in Wiktionary, the free dictionary

Chav is a slang term which has been in wide use throughout the United Kingdom since 2004. It refers to a subcultural stereotype of a person with fashions such as flashy "bling" jewellery and counterfeit designer clothes, an uneducated, impoverished background, a tendency to congregate around places such as fast-food outlets or other shopping areas and a culture of antisocial behaviour.
In the past such people have been called yobs. Response to the term has ranged from amusement to criticism that it is a new manifestation of classism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav
ok, thanks! really interesting. i think i know some people who are "chavs":)
Old 11-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Well, I'm 21 years old just a few older than Chelsy and I still don't like how she dresses, it's just a matter of wearing clothes that don't show every part of your body and if you know that your pants COULD slip down to show your backside then either wear a belt like pollyemma said or wear something that will prevent that.

There's just certain ways people want to present themselves, and some people want to be exhibitionist's and some like to be demure. I guess Chelsy is an exhibitionist and likes the attention she gets from dressing that way.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

I think it takes someone with some degree of exhibitionism to be in a high-profile relationship. Anyone who is truely "shy" would never even get near someone like Harry.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Courtier

You guys are very judgmental, god she's just a teenager girl after all...
relax people...
Old 11-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
relax people...
I'm just stating my opinion about how she dresses Paula, I haven't attacked her character and said she's a bad person for dressing like that. But I call em as I see em. After all everyone is allowed to their opinion.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
relax people...
Thankyou.At least she is secure to wear what she wants to wear.:)
Old 11-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

Meaning

Chav is the English term for white trash!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Dont get why everyone picks on Chelsy shes NOTHING like Paris Hilton imho
Old 11-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Administrator

No one denies that she is a teenager and dresses accordingly. When I see other teenagers dressed in the same manner I repeat the same thing...What on earth are they wearing! They don't happen to be dating a Prince and don't have a thread that I can verablize my opinion :)
Old 11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
I Dont get why everyone picks on Chelsy shes NOTHING like Paris Hilton imho
I dont think its picking on her to say that she should wear a belt to keep from showing her crack to photogs! the fact that she doesn't says something about her.

I agree, she is definitely NOWHERE near the Paris Hilton level of trashiness (thanksfully). paris (much as she might try to) doesn't sum up the word trashy. there are gradations within the term. La Hilton is on the extreme end.

Chelsy, imho, has only a mild case of trashiness. not incurable, i think, with some lessons from those nice staffers at Clarence house and growing a few years older and wiser.

I'm keeping hope alive for Chelsy. there's potential.

though i don't think we'll be around to see it. She and Harry dont really have long term commitment written all over them. i suspect by this time next year they'll be broken up and she will become an obscure trivia question that only TRF members will know the answer to.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Chelsy does have potential, she just doesn't live up to it.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Royal Highness

She's 19! Harry and Chelsy have been together for over a year. There is some obvious commitment there, especially since they live far away from each other. It's not that I'm cheering Chelsy on to become a princess or guaranteeing that they'll stay together but their relationship isn't as trivial as it may seem. I agree Chelsy does have potential, she probably just needs a few years to gain some mature perspective. BTW, she can't be that clueless to think she can do some of the things she's doing now, IF she becomes a princess.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:18 PM

Well, Paris Hilton has made a name for herself by pushing the limits. I respect Paris, actually. I think what she's done is smart. She's set herself apart from the average heiress. She's not just known as a Hilton. She's a whole entity unto herself. She did that on purpose, so that she wouldn't be in the Hilton shadow. I think that's great, breaking away from the Hilton shadow. Having a famous last name brings challenges that we mere mortals can't really relate to, I think. But onto the point, about Chelsy, she's not really comparable to Paris. Chelsy does not have a famous last name and she's not the exhibitionist that Paris is. chelsy doesn't walk around bearing her cleavage to the world. Her fashion sense may be off-the-beaten-path, but at least she is covered up. She's also not nearly as beautiful as Paris. I'm not trying to insult her, but it's a fact. Chelsy is just not a beauty. She's ok looking, she's cute enough, but she's not a Mary Donaldson or a Maxima, not even close.
I think for two people their age, Harry and Chelsy have a surprisingly committed relationship. The long distance thing is impressive. It's admirable. There probably aren't many Harry's age who would go along with an arrangement like that, especially considering that he's a prince and he could have anyone he wants. For Chelsy, it's less difficult to understand her motivations. She would naturally endure a lot, make sacrifices, to become closer to someone like Harry. Many girls her age would, of course. He's a prince, he's rich, he's handsome, he's fun. What's not to like?
Harry probably wants to marry her and the only thing holding him back is the reservations of people close to him.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, but didn't Harry cheat on her?

Tags
chelsy davy