The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Your funny ladywindsor!I think Fergie looks fabulous!!!

Old 11-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Your funny ladywindsor!I think Fergie looks fabulous!!!
considering she is like 40 something she is in good shape...i wouldnt want paparazis to take pics of mi bum wen imnot aware though...she seems like she has a good sense of humor

Old 11-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
i discovered now these photos of Sarah Ferguson and Princess Beatrice, on a yacht while vacationing in Saint Tropez, southern France on August 7, 2005.

Landov
ughhh!!!! that is too awful. really. she should be more careful. she knows paparazzi follow her everywhere.

i'm glad these photos don't seem to have been widely published.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

i just love this lady. she's wonderful!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness

I always thought she rocked!! I still have the tabloid magazine covers from 1985 announcing her engagement to Andrew.

The woman showed the royals the meaning of the word survivor.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

She doesn't just survive, but thrives. She has shown how a person can make mistakes, big ones. But more importantly, she learned from those mistakes and pick herself up again and move on.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
She doesn't just survive, but thrives. She has shown how a person can make mistakes, big ones. But more importantly, she learned from those mistakes and pick herself up again and move on.
Sarah's post-divorce life has become a tale of redemption! From "toe-sucking Fergie" to a professional and successful working mother. Two immaculately raised daughters, and perhaps the most civil and adult relationship with her ex-husband in living memory.

She has redeemed herself from abject humiliation: waking up at Balmoral to find the rest of the Royal Family looking at the newspapers with herself splashed over the front pages, in glorious colour and telephoto lens close-up, engaged in the now notorious "toe-sucking" incident. How would you feel? What would you say? It's a great credit to her strength of character that she could still come out on top after that - I bet she still has nightmares about that particular breakfast.

Another thing which impresses about Sarah is that she has never blamed anyone but herself for the problems she encountered. In every interview I have seen of her she is quite definite in saying that she alone was responsible for her actions, and there are no excuses. That's brave, and classy.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by portergirl
I'm so glad Sarah Ferguson survived the time at Balmoral - good for her! I read that she's house-hunting and won't be moving in with Andrew to the Queen Mum's former residence in Windsor. But at least they're still close - always admired them for keeping such a close relationship. And who knows, maybe one day?
They showed such respect for one another in the sense that neither has ever said a bad thing about the other to the public. :)

The romantic in mean still wishes they would re-marry one day.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
i discovered now these photos of Sarah Ferguson and Princess Beatrice, on a yacht while vacationing in Saint Tropez, southern France on August 7, 2005.

Landov
Oh dear! Those pics are not the most flattering of the Duchess.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 AM
Courtier

I have to agree with you Warren...she has always taken full blame for all her problems. I think that is why she is slowly being allowed back into the Royal Fold even if the invitations come from the Queen only and not the other members of the Royal Family.

Stella
Old 11-12-2005, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad
she has always taken full blame for all her problems. I think that is why she is slowly being allowed back into the Royal Fold even if the invitations come from the Queen only and not the other members of the Royal Family.
Stella
Welcome to the Forums Stella, and it's about time we had some more New Zealanders on the Boards. A fellow Antipodean, ANZAC or Australiasian... or just Kiwi, whichever you prefer.

I think it's about time Sarah was invited to participate in the Royal Family's private functions where her daughters will be attending, and not packed off to a cottage on the estate a safe distance from the Big House. Time for the exile to end. Camilla has found her redemption and been accepted into the inner circle; now it's Sarah's turn, a reward for exemplary behaviour and high quality Princess-raising skills. The Royal Family were deeply hurt by her behaviour, but that seems a long time ago now. Forgiveness is healthier than recrimination.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Welcome to the Forums Stella, and it's about time we had some more New Zealanders on the Boards. A fellow Antipodean, ANZAC or Australiasian... or just Kiwi, whichever you prefer.

I think it's about time Sarah was invited to participate in the Royal Family's private functions where her daughters will be attending, and not packed off to a cottage on the estate a safe distance from the Big House. Time for the exile to end. Camilla has found her redemption and been accepted into the inner circle; now it's Sarah's turn, a reward for exemplary behaviour and high quality Princess-raising skills. The Royal Family were deeply hurt by her behaviour, but that seems a long time ago now. Forgiveness is healthier than recrimination.
I can not agree about Camilla having redeemed herself. There still remains much resentment out there from people and I must admit I am one of them. I just can not respect her. Spin doctors, and new clothes just aren't doing it for me.

I never stopped liking Sarah. Because in spite of all she and Andrew never said one word against the other. Charles, Camilla, and Diana on the other hand were quoted as saying this or that against the other and respect just sank like a stone for me.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Mary I you are so right about Sarah. She is a wonderful mother and a fine example for her daughters. The behavior of Sarah and Andrew during their separationm divorce and post divorce relationship is exemplary and shows the girls that 2 people can still be good friends inspite of what happens. I wish the royals would see all this and bring her back into the fold and show that they've moved on too.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
Queen Mary I you are so right about Sarah. She is a wonderful mother and a fine example for her daughters. The behavior of Sarah and Andrew during their separationm divorce and post divorce relationship is exemplary and shows the girls that 2 people can still be good friends inspite of what happens. I wish the royals would see all this and bring her back into the fold and show that they've moved on too.
I don't mean to seem smug but I just knew that once the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie were old enough they would begin to question why there mother wasn't being included in family gatherings. I understand it is not always possible-with Charles and Diana it would have been awkward because they both seemed visibly unhappy in each other's company for obvious reasons.
That was never the case with Sarah and Andrew. I just heart Sarah to pieces really.

I was devastated when Diana died, and I cried for a woman I never met in my life-but how I wish she would have handled herself like Sarah in an admittedly for her heartbreaking situation. HRH The Princess Royal could be mentioned too as an example of how to handle oneself in public when things go wrong in a marriage. I have never ever heard of Princess Anne ever saying one word against Captain Phillips and Lord knows she had even more of an excuse than the late Princess Of Wales. Anne's husband got another woman pregnant yet Anne handled herself-like a Queen. And indeed I've never heard of Mark saying anything against Anne.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

so true. it's a shame that diana felt the need to play out that period of her life in the press but, she was doing what she felt was right for her i suppose. i just have a lot of respect for andrew and sarah for the way they handled themselves at the time.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

I love that Andrew and Fergie never said anything negative about eachother in the press. It shows a quiet love and a great respect for one another regardless of the events that unfolded. I do wish these to would get back together.......Now that would be one of the greatest love stories ever!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Mary I
Because in spite of all she and Andrew never said one word against the other. Charles, Camilla, and Diana on the other hand were quoted as saying this or that against the other and respect just sank like a stone for me.
How many times do we have to say this Queen Mary I before it sinks in? Charles and Camilla never spoke out against Diana unless you quote unauthorized sources with an axe to grind.

If you're going to criticize C&C by all means, go ahead. Public figures in general give us enough to pick at. But please, use fact not speculation and gossip to make your point.

I agree with you on discretion. Anne and Mark Phillips as well as Joachim and Alexandra in Denmark have proven that you can pull yourself back together when your marriage breaks up without the whole world knowing the dirty details and emerge stronger for the discretion.

Sarah did not have discretion at first and she did hurt Andrew deeply but it looks like she learned from her mistakes and she's pulled herself up despite the negative press. She deserves kudos too.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I think it's about time Sarah was invited to participate in the Royal Family's private functions where her daughters will be attending, and not packed off to a cottage on the estate a safe distance from the Big House. Time for the exile to end. Camilla has found her redemption and been accepted into the inner circle; now it's Sarah's turn, a reward for exemplary behaviour and high quality Princess-raising skills.
Why should Sarah be allowed to attend family events? Captain Phillips wasn't even allowed to stay on a cottage during the holidays after his split from Princess Anne. Sarah is lucky she gets that much!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren
I think it's about time Sarah was invited to participate in the Royal Family's private functions where her daughters will be attending, and not packed off to a cottage on the estate a safe distance from the Big House. Time for the exile to end. Camilla has found her redemption and been accepted into the inner circle; now it's Sarah's turn, a reward for exemplary behaviour and high quality Princess-raising skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeap
Why should Sarah be allowed to attend family events? Captain Phillips wasn't even allowed to stay on a cottage during the holidays after his split from Princess Anne. Sarah is lucky she gets that much!
What are the circumstances regarding Captain Phillips & Princess Anne's divorce? I'm not even sure. Either way Captain Phillip, as the father of Zara & Philip & Fergie as the mother of the 2 royal princess' should not be pushed out the door. If the children want thier parents at any event they should have that right, of course if the other parent feels stronlgy about not having Sarah, or Cpt phillips attend then they should be discussing it privately.If the princess' or the Phillips children need thier mother or father at an event for support should they be denied this? Should they feel afraid to ask? No! After all, it was not the childrens fault thier parent's marraige dissolved. Just MO!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Gentry

Princess Anne and Captain Phillips marraige was basically over with around 1985 or so, the seperated in 1989 and divorced in 1992. Princess Anne remarried the same year. I just think there needs to be one standard. As per if Mark can't attend Christmas celebrations, then neither should Sarah.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york