The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
If anyone deserves the prize for most improved, it is the Duchess of York. Not only has she atoned for the mistakes she has made in her marriage, but also she has shown herself a survivor and a true lady by never discussing the royals other than to praise them in an honorable and not patronizing manner.

She went to work, paid off her debts, remained very good friends with Andrew, and in the process created with her ex a very stable family setting for both their daughters to grow up and become such well-adjusted young ladies.

Both Sarah and Andrew deserve praise for having the best non-marriage relationship there is in the world of royalty.

I thinks she is one heck of astute lady who, unlike that piece of garbage Burrell…hell hath no fury like the butler scorned…..who needs to be reminded he was only a servant of the royals and not one of them himself, she has never cashed in and written tell all books, put her foot in her mouth like Princess Michael, and has proven herself a devoted mother, charity benefactress, and interestingly enough...more royal than she was when she was married.

What happened with Steve Wyatt and John Bryan was done with 13 years ago, I think the media and others need to move on.

By the way, the Duke of York is trying to sell Sunninghill…think that is how you spell it…to help pay for the renovations of his new home.

Amen and well said Lady Marmalade!!!! Give Sarah a break!! She has turned her life totally around and I for one am extremely proud of her! She has more money than the Duke right now and she earned hers!! Maybe we Americans are more forgiving, I don't know.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
How is that so?Doesn't the duke have money?

Sarah has lucrative contracts with many sponsors to promote their goods. Sarah has millions of dollars now. Andrew just has his trust fund and whatever the Queen chooses to give him. Sarah has more money in the bank if you compare what Andrew's trust fund is and an estimate of what the Queen may be giving him to live on. He is selling Sunninghill Park to renovate his new home, so he needs some cash. The Royal Family are notoriously frugal with their money, and the Queen is at the top of the list. I don't think Her Majesty just hands money out without ascertaining what it is for and follows up on it.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:56 AM
Serene Highness

I think the only way the Duke might have more money then Sarah eventually is once he's inherited and even then its not earned, just a handout in many people's eyes.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Didn't Prince Andrew get money from the Queen Mother. I believe most of it went to Queen to avoid death taxes (duties) but surely she left something to her grandchildren. I belive she made trust for the great grans? Of course...we will never know the true figure if that is the case.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Sarah has lucrative contracts with many sponsors to promote their goods. Sarah has millions of dollars now. Andrew just has his trust fund and whatever the Queen chooses to give him. Sarah has more money in the bank if you compare what Andrew's trust fund is and an estimate of what the Queen may be giving him to live on. He is selling Sunninghill Park to renovate his new home, so he needs some cash. The Royal Family are notoriously frugal with their money, and the Queen is at the top of the list. I don't think Her Majesty just hands money out without ascertaining what it is for and follows up on it.
You said what I was thinking..again..you always do that, it is wierd.

Sarah made something of herself, he didn't. It just shows how much more she has grown up and he hasn't.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Didn't Prince Andrew get money from the Queen Mother. I believe most of it went to Queen to avoid death taxes (duties) but surely she left something to her grandchildren. I belive she made trust for the great grans? Of course...we will never know the true figure if that is the case.

The Queen Mum had many debts when she died actually. She lived on a far grander scale than she really had funds for. What has happened to all of what she had is up for guessing because all the bequests will never be public knowledge.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

I do know that harry has just inherited 2 million from his great grand mothers will
Old 09-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
I do know that harry has just inherited 2 million

from his great grand mothers will

Let us pray that he is responsible with it.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
I think the only way the Duke might have more money then Sarah eventually is once he's inherited and even then its not earned, just a handout in many people's eyes.
Well to earn that much money it didn't hurt Sarah at all to have been married to Andrew and be royal by alliance. She probably wouldn't have any of that money or publicity contract in the first place without Andrew. Who on earth would have been interested in an ordinary children book written by a British housewife? Weight Watcher USA woudn't have chosen a voluptuous red-hair British woman as their spokeperson if the said spokeperson hasn't been a Duchess.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Queen Mum had many debts when she died actually. She lived on a far grander scale than she really had funds for. What has happened to all of what she had is up for guessing because all the bequests will never be public knowledge.
Thank you for your kind words.. :)

Not many people realized the Queen Mum had such a lifestyle with servants and homes and everything, she really lived very regally and and not as frugal as her daughter.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's a little unfair to compare Sarah and Andrew's earning capability. She's been diligent in earning herself enough money to clear her debts and become financially independent, but I don't suppose her opportunities in the US media would have been available if she hadn't been such a celebrity already on account of her royal marriage. Andrew is much more constrained in what he can do because he's a full-time senior working member of the royal family and can't just branch out into commercial work when he feels like it. It seems at the moment that the two of them are doing the best they can with their different circumstances.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It's my understanding that Sarah also paid for the debt left behind by Susan Barrantes.

Pretty remarkable, considering how far in the hole Sarah started out and how little she received in her divorce settlement.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Aristocracy

You Know In My Eyes Andrew Has Done Far More Then Sarah, As He Spent 20 Years In The Navy. Away From His Young Family, He Missed Most Of Thier Baby Days, As Sarah And The Girls Were Not Permitted To Live On Base. He Was Also Expected On Weekends To Do Engagments. Then He Was Still Critized For Not Doing Enought Engagment. Yes, He Lives A Grand Lifestyle. He Would Probley Still Be In The Navy If Had A Degree So He Could Move Up The Ranks, But Then He'd Still Be Critized For Not Doing An Engagment. Sarah Would Not Be Where She Is Today If It Was Not For The Royal Family!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Well to earn that much money it didn't hurt Sarah at all to have been married to Andrew and be royal by alliance. She probably wouldn't have any of that money or publicity contract in the first place without Andrew. Who on earth would have been interested in an ordinary children book written by a British housewife? Weight Watcher USA woudn't have chosen a voluptuous red-hair British woman as their spokeperson if the said spokeperson hasn't been a Duchess.

You are certainly correct there. Without the royal marraige of the Duke & Duchess she would not have gained the success she has earned today. It gave her a great boost, but there was much suffering prior to all of the sucess.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:10 AM
Administrator

Debts and taxes

Quote:
The Queen Mum had many debts when she died actually.
My understanding is that this was quite deliberate. Sensible money management by astute financial advisers to reduce the value of her estate and that part of it possibly subject to Death Duties and other taxes..
Old 09-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

New pics!

Sarah in New York 12.&16. of September - source dpa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12sep05.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	198822   Click image for larger version

Name:	16sep05.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	198823  
Old 09-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duchess of York 'recharged' by Russian faith healer

The ex-wife of Britian's Prince Andrew writes: "Whenever I go to see her, she recharges my energy and enables me to cope with the many challenges and demands of my busy life."...............

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/93912004.htm

Old 09-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Courtier

i really like sarah shes sooo glamorous
Old 09-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor
i really like sarah shes sooo glamorous
Normally she is, but look at that second pic.. :p

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 14: Sarah Ferguson poses backstage at the Michael Kors Spring 2006 fashion show during Olympus Fashion Week at the New York Public Library September 14, 2005 in New York City. (Photo by Mark Mainz/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55400764.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	199364   Click image for larger version

Name:	55400768.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	199366  
Old 09-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Surely if Camilla can be accepted by the massess...there is a little forgiveness left over for Fergie.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york