The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Fergie News

QUEEN IN AMAZING FERGIE RANT
SHE LOSES TEMPER OVER DUCHESS'S TRENDY NEW AGE WAFFLE

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:40 AM
Courtier

Poor Fergie

Old 08-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Courtier

Has she found a house of her own yet? She lost 3 precious days at Balmoral while she could have been searching.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

I think they won't move in togehter again. Although it is refreshing to see divorced couples having more than an cool co-existance.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Do you think the Queen really said it?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Who knows? The tabloids aren't above indulging in fairly major exaggeration.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Courtier

I doubt the Queen said that. Even if she did she was in the privacy of her home. They apparently still have major discretion problems with their staff. Poor Windsors!
Old 08-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Courtier

If Sarah talked about diet and horoscop for three days, I wouldn't blame the Queen.
But tabloids always exaggerate. After all we don't even know if there's anything true.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday I saw a short report in German television that
Sarah was planning to write a new autobiography. This
time she wanted to concentrate on the moments she
shared with Diana - if that report is right, I'm looking
forward to what she has to tell :)
Old 09-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Courtier

I dunno if thats very wise...i mean istn that the same kinda thing Paul Burrel tried to do in his book that got princes william and harry upset.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Commoner

But sarah is diffferent I suppose she was her friend not her butler, who knows she might have even asked them if it would be alright. It could backfire though..
Old 09-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Courtier

Sarah is pathetic to me. She will talk, and tell anything and all about anything she knows. The woman has no discretion. So now she is going to throw her hat into the ring and make money off of Diana.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Sarah is pathetic to me. She will talk, and tell anything and all about anything she knows. The woman has no discretion. So now she is going to throw her hat into the ring and make money off of Diana.
I wouldn't say that she is trying to make money off of Diana. She is writting about her life; Diana was a big part of her life. It will probably be a tribute to Diana. Sarah would not write anything to hurt Will and Harry. I have seen her strongly defend the royal family, I don't find her pathetic at all!

Old 09-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I would say let's wait and see, if and what she writes...Then we can discuss again if she's discrete, hunting for the money or what ever..
Old 09-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I wouldn't say that she is trying to make money off of Diana. She is writting about her life; Diana was a big part of her life. It will probably be a tribute to Diana. Sarah would not write anything to hurt Will and Harry. I have seen her strongly defend the royal family, I don't find her pathetic at all!

I agree with Harry here. I also hope she donates proceeds to Diana's Memorial Fund.

The Duchess is no longer in debt and has more money than her ex husband Andrew. Sarah has turned her life around and I don't believe she will say anything that will hurt Diana, her boys, or the Royal Family.

I think Sarah might be fed up with all of Diana's hanger-ons writing all this salacious gossip and falsehoods. Sarah is in a better position than most to know the truth almost until Diana's death.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Nobility

Paul Burrell couldn't have praised Diana more highly in his book and yet he was criticised because some people felt that he was still sharing information about her to make money which at the end of the day he was. Sarah's publishers have openly said that they will only publish the book if she has some interesting and unique information about Diana otherwise no one is going to buy it. They are a profit making business so you can't fault them for that but on the other hand Sarah will be criticised because even if her book is flattering to the Princess she is still sharing information about her to make money. The only way she could escape this would be to donate all proceeds to charity but I have not read anywhere that this is going to be the case. I think that all things considered, especially the probable negative reaction from Charles and the boys, she would be well advised to steer clear of this project.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Courtier

A true friend, should always display discretion no matter. Even, if one feels that they want to "set the record straight" many times in actuality, they are have stooped to the level of those who are out to make a buck off of someone's reputation and/or life. The late actor, Roddy McDowell was offered alot of money to "discuss" his friendships with most of Hollywood, esp. Elizabeth Taylor. He galantly stated that "my memory is so poor".

Now that is a true friend. Now he did have several books of Photography of his friends, but with their permission. No words were printed that would had betrayed his loyalty and friendship.

Sadly, loyalty is a thing of the past for many people.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

By accident I happened to see the Duchess of York on The Tony Danza Show this morning.

She was all bubbly and announced to Tony that she had two secrets to share. The first was how excited she had been to be invited to Balmoral to visit with the Queen and the RF this summer. She said that Prince Andrew hadn't told her about the invitation until the night before because he knew how nervous she would become. And she was nervous and immediately called her Weight Watchers leader for support. The best part of the visit was the look on her daughters' faces because they had always felt upset that their mother wasn't good enough to be included.

The second secret was that Sarah is now a New Yorker. She has rented a one-bedroom apartment there.

She bragged a lot about Beatrice and mentioned that Beatrice wants to attend Columbia. The other thing she talked about was Beatrice's photo shoot and how proud she was that Beatrice had been on the cover of Vogue, just like her grandmother Susan Barrantes.

Then they went to commercial... and Sarah participated in Tony's version of Dancing with the Stars. They put her in a 1950s get-up (poodle skirt, sweater and bobbie socks) and they danced to Bill Haley's Rock Around the Clock (not well but she looked like she had a good time). Sarah kept telling the cameramen not to shoot her bottom (she was right, the outfit wasn't good for her shape).

And they all lived happily ever after.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I agree with Harry here. I also hope she donates proceeds to Diana's Memorial Fund.

The Duchess is no longer in debt and has more money than her ex husband Andrew. Sarah has turned her life around and I don't believe she will say anything that will hurt Diana, her boys, or the Royal Family.

How is that so?Doesn't the duke have money?
Old 09-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

If anyone deserves the prize for most improved, it is the Duchess of York. Not only has she atoned for the mistakes she has made in her marriage, but also she has shown herself a survivor and a true lady by never discussing the royals other than to praise them in an honorable and not patronizing manner.

She went to work, paid off her debts, remained very good friends with Andrew, and in the process created with her ex a very stable family setting for both their daughters to grow up and become such well-adjusted young ladies.

Both Sarah and Andrew deserve praise for having the best non-marriage relationship there is in the world of royalty.

I thinks she is one heck of astute lady who, unlike that piece of garbage Burrell…hell hath no fury like the butler scorned…..who needs to be reminded he was only a servant of the royals and not one of them himself, she has never cashed in and written tell all books, put her foot in her mouth like Princess Michael, and has proven herself a devoted mother, charity benefactress, and interestingly enough...more royal than she was when she was married.

What happened with Steve Wyatt and John Bryan was done with 13 years ago, I think the media and others need to move on.

By the way, the Duke of York is trying to sell Sunninghill…think that is how you spell it…to help pay for the renovations of his new home.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york