The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

She's still known as the Duchess of York because she hasn't remarried. Many divorced women keep their married surnames.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Nobility

No, she is officially Sarah, Duchess of York. Whether she re-marries or not is irrelevent. She was only THEE Duchess of York when Andrew and she were married. Unlike ordinary divorced wives who can keep their status of "Mrs." after a divorce titled ladies (whether they are Royal or otherwise) are known with their forename first and then the title. This is to distinguish them from their married status as THEE Duchess; THEE Countess or THEE Princess etc.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Royal Highness

I personally would like to see Andrew and Sarah get back together.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Nobility

I was disappointed when they removed the HRH from Sarah and Diana. I always think of Sarah as a Royal Highness and I think she deserves to keep her title: The Duchess of York
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
I personally would like to see Andrew and Sarah get back together.
I am sure there are many who would agree with you, Ennyllorac, about wanting to see Andrew & Sarah back together....but I think that because of her having been photographed in the past in somewhat "compromising situations", Prince Andrew's father (Prince Philip) would never allow that or agree to have her back in the Royal family in an official capacity, such as, by re-marriage. I do not believe Prince Philip had ever forgiven/forgotten the humiliation that Sarah brought on the Royal family, let alone on Prince Andrew. You would think that if Prince Andrew had forgiven her that they might have been able to have worked it out so that a re-marriage could take place, but anything of major significance that Prince Andrew would want to do, he has to obtain "permission" first from the Queen (with Prince Philip's input).
Old 02-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

It's rather sad that when you are an adult, you still need to ask Mummy and Daddy permission. It does seem that Andrew and sarah still get along.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

andrew might have forgiven her (also for the benefit of their daughters) but I doubt if he will ever be able to forget it. He has had several longterm girlfriends since sarah and they are, I think, just very good friends for the rest of their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
I am sure there are many who would agree with you, Ennyllorac, about wanting to see Andrew & Sarah back together....but I think that because of her having been photographed in the past in somewhat "compromising situations", Prince Andrew's father (Prince Philip) would never allow that or agree to have her back in the Royal family in an official capacity, such as, by re-marriage. I do not believe Prince Philip had ever forgiven/forgotten the humiliation that Sarah brought on the Royal family, let alone on Prince Andrew. You would think that if Prince Andrew had forgiven her that they might have been able to have worked it out so that a re-marriage could take place, but anything of major significance that Prince Andrew would want to do, he has to obtain "permission" first from the Queen (with Prince Philip's input).
Old 02-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Aristocracy

Some people are better off not being married. They get along better and act more like husband and wife when their not married. It is sad that they allowed their vices to seperate but it happens so often.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Somebody knows that this doing or where she is the Duchess of York?
Old 03-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
her picture is printed in the tatler of april 2005, very discreet, upperback, arms and a bit of leg is visible (she and all the other celebrities are wearing cartier jewelly and jimmy choo shoes)
Book is called "4 inches" and christies will auction 20 of the portraits
Sarah's picture is very nice. Very discreet. And the black and white photography is very flattering. I have the press kit with other celebrity pictures at work. I will scan them in or request the photo from the PR agency and post it here.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
her picture is printed in the tatler of april 2005, very discreet, upperback, arms and a bit of leg is visible (she and all the other celebrities are wearing cartier jewelly and jimmy choo shoes)
Book is called "4 inches" and christies will auction 20 of the portraits
As promised (although a little late), the Duchess of York's photospread for Jimmy Choo's 4 Inches promotion campaign.

The image was taken by Pamela Hanson, who also photographed Sophie Dahl, Heidi Klum, Veronica Webb and Aimee Mullins. Sarah is in good company -- other women photographed: Iman, Paris Hilton, Laura Bailey, Jodie Kidd, Yasmin Le Bon, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Anne Heache, Emanuelle Seigner, Sam Taylor-Wood, Geri Halliwell, Victoria Beckham, Tamara Beckwith, Rachel Hunter and more.

(And 10 per cent was right (sort of) -- in the foreward by Elton John in the press release I received it said that the publishers have committed to donating a minimum of 10% from every sale of the English donation. 100% of the proceeds raised through the sale of limited edition prints auctioned by Christie's will go the Elton John AIDS Foundation.

*Please don't post this image at other forums; it was provided for me through my occupation and is not to be mis-used.*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sarah-jimmy choos.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	110751  
Old 03-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

It looks tasteful and she seems happy.

It covers everything that needs to be covered.:)
Old 03-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of York visited the Oliver Goldsmith School in Peckham today, pictures from UK Press:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1234347583.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	113858   Click image for larger version

Name:	1234547932.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	113859   Click image for larger version

Name:	1254124668.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	113860   Click image for larger version

Name:	13525757912.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	113861  

Name:	21423565712.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	113862   Click image for larger version

Name:	2354668931.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	113863   Click image for larger version

Name:	24635768423.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	113864   Click image for larger version

Name:	1234347583.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	113865  

Name:	1234547932.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	113866   Click image for larger version

Name:	1254124668.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	113867  
Old 03-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Nobility

She revealed today that Princess Beatrice is severley dyslexic. She said that to this day she still has a special tutor to help her with reading and writing.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots for photos GrandDuchess.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The day before she visited Oliver Goldsmith School,
Sarah exhibited her pictures at the book store
Mondarori Multicenter in Milan, Italy.

I consider it great that Beatrice allowed her mother
to talk about her reading-and-writing problem! :)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	italy2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	114503   Click image for larger version

Name:	italy21.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	114505   Click image for larger version

Name:	italy210305.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	114506   Click image for larger version

Name:	italy2103.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	114507  

Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

I consider it great that Beatrice allowed her mother
to talk about her reading-and-writing problem! :)
I agree...very brave of Beatrice.
This is maybe really farfetched...but do you think their "shared" ancestors are the reason, why so many Royals suffer from dyslexia (the swedish king and his three children, crown prince Haakon-though he seems to suffer from a "lighter" form of it, princess Beatrice...)? Dyslexia is one of the most spread genetical diseases, but when I look at the Royals it seems, it´s even more spread. Then again maybe all that happened "by accident" and scientists couldn´t follow "defect" genes back to queen Victoria, when they would try.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

Lightbulb

I think "shared ancestors" makes them more likely to develop these things. I live in Amish country and the Amish marry their own cousins even, they inbreed just as much as the royals did. They have many mental, physical and developmental problems. Many are even still born.

I think it was very brave of her and she has nothing to be ashamed of. I don't think its a concern now because they are marrying commoners more often.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Gentry

why didn't sarah attend charles' wedding?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Nobility

I have heard that she wasn't invited.

Assia

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york