The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah had a miscarriage of twins?????? WHEN?????

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Courtier

It's been said that she miscarried the first year of her marriage, but I've never seen open confirmation of that. Of course, the Windsors don't usually confirm things like that -- Sophie's miscarriage was the exception because she had ot be hospitalised for several days -- they couldn't hush that up.

Old 06-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by timtonruben359@Jun 19th, 2004 - 1:39 pm
Saying Prince Philip dislikes Sarah is an understatement he pretty much loaths her. On the otherhand, the Queen has always been very fond of Sarah and of the two Princesses. I think this is more of a sign that the Queen is trying to mend fences and openly accept the fact that Sarah is still the mother of her two grandchildren and memebers of the Royal Family.
you are right on target timtonruben!!!
Old 06-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
As, I said if you believe it is so simple as allowing them power you are mistaken. Anyone, you have a child with has a incredible power in your life whether you like it or not. I didn't say Sarah was involved in his dating she merely lurkes in the background and is a considerable turn off for even a strong and independant women (the kind he usually dates). I think Andrew was being generous when he allowed her to stay because he is good person not because he was hoping for a reconciliation.

I have never actually heard of Andrew having pictures of Sarah covering his private rooms. I know there are pictures of her in the general house, but she is the mother of his children. What do you expect.....

I know lots of people who's parents are multi-millionaires (I'm talking 50-200 million here not pocket change) but they live quite humble lives (and I'm being generous). Just because Mom and Dad have money doesn't mean the kids do. Not every parent feels it is necessary to be responsible for their children as adults. There comes a time when we each most take responsiblity for our own lives and not depend on mom and dad even if they are Gates, Quandt, or Trump. It is a true diservice when parents don't teach their children how to support themselves or provide incentive for an education.

If Marina's situation is what it has been explained to be then I believe she deserves the support she gets. Anyone who needs help should be given it. There was a statement released not to long ago that Marina Oglivy was entitled to the same support as anyone else.

Philip abhores Sarah. He would rather walk across hot coals than be in the same room. If my son had suffered such humiliation and heartbreak at her hands I would not tolerate her in any of my homes, either.

I think the Queen is trying to put on a show for the public because of the backlash over created by Diana's death and the precieived treatment of Sarah. I wouldn't say she was ever gooy fond of Sarah. Margaret who was quite close to the Queen described her as simply vulger and other really nice terms from early on. She never hated her, but I wouldn't say they were warm. The Queen isn't even warm to her own children. Still HM is my favorite royal because she is a ball buster who takes no crap.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:03 PM
Courtier

I NEVER said Andrew was hoping for reconciliation.

Ingrid Seward said he has photos of Sarah throughout the house, including in his private rooms. She said that he surrounds himself with his old relationship which is a turn-ff. But that's Andrew's decision, not Sarah's. I don't care how many pictures Andrew has of Sarah in that house. It's his house and he can have Sarah on the wallpaper if he wants it. But that's his decision and she can't be blamed for his inability to completely let go of his relationship. No one's saying Sarah's got Andrew all over her walls or in her relationships. She's let go and moved on. He's the one still holding on to it.

If you believe that people have more power than you allow them to have then that's how you choose to live your life, but there are those of us who don't agree with that and choose to live our lives a different way (and aren't "mistaken" -- as you put it).

Alexandra and Angus aren't "multimillionaires". They may be worth 10 million pounds at the most -- and most of that is in belongings rather than cash. They can't afford to support Marina, but they also come from a generation where parents don't continue to support their kids past a certain age.

I have never knocked Marina for being on welfare. But the fact is that her plight is what it is because of decisions she has made, and she was criticised, rightly, for making bad decisions in how to go about her life.

The Queen has been said by many people close to her to continue to be fond of Sarah. It is possible to like someone as a person while disliking them as an in-law. It appears that EIIR feels that way about Sarah. The Queen is warm to Andrew. And she's said to get on well with Anne and Edward.

Sarah's behaviour has been no worse than some of the born royals. Margaret was hardly living an upright, moral, Christian life, either, so she was hardly in a position to call someone vulgar. Marina Ogilvy was just as embarassing.

Philip doesn't have any homes. EIIR has homes and her husband lives in them.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sophie@Jun 18th, 2004 - 5:54 pm
:woot: IS THIS A SIGN???????? WILL SARAH AND ANDREW BE SAYING I DO AGAIN?????????? I HOPE SO BECAUSE I THINK THEY ARE STILL IN LOVE, BUT PEOPLE LIKE THE DUKE WILL NOT LET SARAH BACK INTO THE FAMILY.
Quote:
BUT PEOPLE LIKE THE DUKE WILL NOT LET SARAH BACK INTO THE FAMILY.
While Prince Phillip is alive Andrew and Sarah would never remarry. Once he passes over - that may be a different story!
Old 06-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 20th, 2004 - 8:00 am
Still HM is my favorite royal because she is a ball buster who takes no crap.
According to what I have read from various authors, they say Her Majesty is quite lenient with her children and does not want or wish to interfere in their private lives--I wouldn't exactly call that a ball buster. Philip does that.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 20th, 2004 - 8:00 am
The Queen isn't even warm to her own children. Still HM is my favorite royal because she is a ball buster who takes no crap.
The Queen's relationship with her children has always been distant. The Queen is a very reserved woman, but that doesn't mean she doesn't love her children she has a hard time expressing emotiom she inherited that from her grandmother Queen Mary who was herself very reserved. She doesn't like to interfer in her children's lives, according to Princess Anne in an invterview the Queen always beleived that her children needed to live their own lives and make their own mistakes.

The Queen's relationship with Prince Charles is very distant, although after the Queen Mother's death they've tried to mend fences. She finds him to be far to lavish in his lifestyle and disapproves of his relationship with Camillia. The Queen is much closer to her two younger sons, Princes Andrew and Edward and she is also extreemly close to the Countess of Wessex. Infact the Countess of Wessex is the only memeber of the Royal Family who can just drop by to see the Queen without making an appointment.

It's interesting to note that Queen is a very warm grandmother. She is close to all her grandchildren and they adore her.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

QUEEN LETS FERGIE LIVE AT WINDSOR

FERGIE is moving on to the Royal estate at Windsor Castle in an astonishing
gesture of reconciliation by The Queen.

Sarah Duchess of York will have a suite of rooms in ex-hubby Prince Andrew's new
home - leaving no doubt that she has been accepted back into his family.

Our revelation comes a week after Fergie was pictured getting on famously with a
smiling Queen and Andrew at a polo match and proves that her bitter rift with
the Royals is finally over.

The new home, seven- bedroom Royal Lodge on the Windsor Castle estate, was the
Queen Mother's. Andrew inherited it when she died in 2002.

A royal insider said: "Sarah would not be welcome in the Queen Mum's old house
unless the Queen allowed it.

"She has always been fond of her and has kept in close contact with her. She
admires the way Sarah has worked hard and paid off her debts. The Queen also
thinks the Duchess is a very good mother to her children.

"Prince Philip won't be happy, but Sarah is finally back in the royal fold."

Fergie, 44, became an outcast after separating from Andrew in 1992 and divorcing
him in 1996.

Philip refuses to allow her to join daughters Beatrice, 15, and Eugenie, 13, for
Christmas dinner at Sandringham. He has described her as "odd" and was furious
when she brought shame on the family with scandalous affairs, including the
notorious toe-sucking with John Bryan.

Philip has also always hated the fact that Fergie continues to live mainly at
Sunninghill Park, Berks, the £10 million mansion built after her 1986 wedding.

He will be horrified that she will now carry on living under the same roof as
Andrew. But the Queen has sent a clear signal in letting Fergie move into Royal
Lodge. The reconciliation began last month when she was pictured kissing Prince
Charles at a lecture by the Dalai Lama in London. Then last week she sat near
the Queen at the polo.

The insider added: "It's being kept very hush-hush. The Duchess will have a
suite of rooms next to Bea and Eugenie.

"Officially she will not be living there - but the reality is she will be coming
and going as she pleases, just as she does now. It shows how much power she
still wields over Andrew."

Andrew is trying to sell Sunninghill but his new home at Royal Lodge will not be
ready for at least a year. The Gothic-style mansion needed £3 million renovation
after years of neglect.

It stood virtually untouched after the death of King George VI in 1952. The
Queen Mum even kept his study unchanged as a shrine. It needed totally rewiring
and plumbing and now asbestos has been found.

But the source said: "When the house is finished it will have all mod-cons.
Andrew's taste is somewhat brash but Sarah will love living there.

"She has been telling friends she is delighted to be back in favour and has
learnt from her previous mistakes."

A spokesman for Andrew said: "The Royal Lodge is a private residence so we
wouldn't give out any information."
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by corazon@Jun 21st, 2004 - 8:35 pm

Sarah Duchess of York will have a suite of rooms in ex-hubby Prince Andrew's new

Our revelation comes a week after Fergie was pictured getting on famously with a

Queen Mother's. Andrew inherited it when she died in 2002.

A royal insider said: "Sarah would not be welcome in the Queen Mum's old house

"Prince Philip won't be happy, but Sarah is finally back in the royal fold."

I really think Phillip is the last to judge Sarah--he has brought shame to the royal family with his rudeness and he isn't the only one that has had "affairs". Rumors abound to this day about his activities and it makes me mad that he believes himself better.

It is like Sarah said "How come I am the only one who gets caught?"
Old 06-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-corazon@Jun 21st, 2004 - 8:35 pm

Sarah Duchess of York will have a suite of rooms in ex-hubby Prince Andrew&#39;s new

Queen Mother&#39;s. Andrew inherited it when she died in 2002.

A royal insider said: "Sarah would not be welcome in the Queen Mum&#39;s old house

"Prince Philip won&#39;t be happy, but Sarah is finally back in the royal fold."

I really think Phillip is the last to judge Sarah--he has brought shame to the royal family with his rudeness and he isn&#39;t the only one that has had "affairs". Rumors abound to this day about his activities and it makes me mad that he believes himself better.

It is like Sarah said "How come I am the only one who gets caught?" [/b][/quote]
I dont think the Duke has damaged the Royal Family by having rumoured relationships outside his marriage. Yes, he has been rumoured to have affairs, but The Queen has not seemed to care. I think one commentor said it best by saing that The Queen is just too mature of a person to deal with rumours of Her husbands infidelity and at least their marriage has lasted which is something you cant say about Sarah and Andrew (as well as 2 of their other children). And I must say I commend the Duke because he has stuck by his wife&#39;s side since the beggining and will be there until he dies and that is what love is, being able to sacrifice yourself for someone else (he gave up an amazing military career he loved to walk 2 steps behind his wife and being forever known as "The Queen&#39;s husband"). That is not saying that he isnt rude at times.

And yes, I do beleive Sarah is the only one that got caught, with pictures. Remember Charles and Diana ratted themselves out.

And good for The Queen that She is letting Sarah stay at Windsor.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Royal Highness

Let us also remember why Phillip married Elizabeth--he was a penniless prince with no real prospects and Earl Mountbatten wanting his name on the English royal house.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:42 pm
Let us also remember why Phillip married Elizabeth--he was a penniless prince with no real prospects and Earl Mountbatten wanting his name on the English royal house.
This thread is about Sarah, Duchess of York, but it must be said that Philip did have prospects because he was due to become a commander in the navy if I can recall, so what do you mean he had no prospects? Yes he was penniless when he came to Great Britain, but he loved being in the military and his career was taking him places. If He didn&#39;t love her, I dont think he would have married her knowing what he was getting himself into. And like it was stated before, at least THEIR marriage has lasted.

Now back to Sarah, does she currently live with Andrew? I know she has been in the U.S. a lot, but where does she stay when in England?
Old 06-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 21st, 2004 - 3:32 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 3:32 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lalla Meriem@Jun 20th, 2004 - 8:00 am
Still HM is my favorite royal because she is a ball buster who takes no crap.
According to what I have read from various authors, they say Her Majesty is quite lenient with her children and does not want or wish to interfere in their private lives--I wouldn&#39;t exactly call that a ball buster. Philip does that. [/b][/quote]
I wasn&#39;t referring to her children I was referring to her as Queen. She is a powerful women and she does a lot of busting. She knocks Toni Blair of his pedastal quite often it is reported during their meetings.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:23 PM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by A.C.C.+Jun 21st, 2004 - 10:03 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A.C.C. @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 10:03 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:42 pm
This thread is about Sarah, Duchess of York, but it must be said that Philip did have prospects because he was due to become a commander in the navy if I can recall, so what do you mean he had no prospects? Yes he was penniless when he came to Great Britain, but he loved being in the military and his career was taking him places. If He didn&#39;t love her, I dont think he would have married her knowing what he was getting himself into. And like it was stated before, at least THEIR marriage has lasted.

Now back to Sarah, does she currently live with Andrew? I know she has been in the U.S. a lot, but where does she stay when in England? [/b][/quote]
Sarah rents a house in the Windsor area.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Courtier

While the Queen does own the digs or hold them in trust it is old news that Philip calls all the shots considering them. They were actually still using tubs and scrub boards in laundry when he arrived. All the household decisions that aren&#39;t delegated to staff are delt with by Philip and that includes who is welcome and who isn&#39;t.

I don&#39;t think it is so much Andrew refusing to let go as it is Sarah refusing to leave the scene. After all, the ex-wife a Prince is only worth as much money for endorsements as she is connected. I don&#39;t think anyone can deny that Sarah has made (and continues to do so) her living by selling herself based entirely on her status as Andrew&#39;s ex-wife. Neither weight watchers nor Wedgewood would be interested in her if she weren&#39;t the royal ex-wife. Andrew should get 10%. Perhaps Andrew does allow her too much power over his life but she enjoys it.

Sarah just announced a few weeks ago that she would be living in the US because she spends most of her time there. I assume her RL digs are her Euro base and she just bought that other posh pad not to long ago. She lived in Italy when she was with the Count (though I can&#39;t remember where his wife lived).

I think every person we know has an incalculable affect on our lives. We may pretend they don&#39;t but they do. Being the child of divorced parents I know too well the affect each parent (and their new partner) have on the family(ies) even when they aren&#39;t trying. It&#39;s even more apparent to me now as an adult dealing with ex-wives.

I don&#39;t think either of them has moved on not even Sarah. She clings to him because of her career and he clings because she allows it and benefits from it. Andrew needed a mother figure and Sarah seems more of that than an ex-wife.

I take Ingrid Seward with a grain of salt. But, I&#39;d rather not get into Seward here.

Marina certainly made numerous mistakes. No doubt. Anyone else remember the nude pictures - wearing a tiara sitting on a throne. However, I won&#39;t fault her for marring the man she loved or for trying to follow her dreams. If half of what she said about her upbringing are true then I think her parents should be partly to blame.

Princess Alexandra and Sir Angus shouldn&#39;t support their children even if they were from a generation that did. They may have the funds but still..... a little help every now and then is one thing.

Even though Marina is on public assistance I think she is doing better now than when she was married to Mowatt or before.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Courtier

I think everyone we come in contact has an affect on our lives, but we can choose to not let something bother us. Someone does something to you; you can rehash it over and over again, or you can say that it&#39;s not worth the bother and move on.

Philip doesn&#39;t call all the shots. He couldn&#39;t get rid of Bobo. And he never went up against the great triumvirate of EIIR, ER and Margaret. SOmeone once said he was intimidated by how close the three were. He may have a lot of control, but at the end of the day, they both know it&#39;s her house and she has final say. Otherwise, Sarah wouldn&#39;t have been at the joint birthday bash in 2000 or at Sandringham every Christmas, or at Windsor this past weekend.

Andrew can force Sarah out of the house. He chooses not to do that. She has more money than him and can certainly buy her own place, but he lets her stay there anyways. If she isn&#39;t leaving, he has to accept some blame for that.

I&#39;m sure a lot of Marina&#39;s childhood affected her behavior later in life. But her brother had the same childhood and turned out fine. Either way, she should have moved on, for her children&#39;s sakes, if not her own.

One of Marina&#39;s friends said that everything in Marina&#39;s life was fine until she met Mowatt, and I agree with that. She had jobs, was making money and supporting herself. She got involved with him, and began to go downhill. Her problems date back to when she got involved with him. She may have had a troubled childhood, but she was a functioning member of society and was living her own life.

I don&#39;t think Alexandra and Angus really can afford to help. They certainly can&#39;t afford to pay her bills, because they&#39;ve got bills of their own. I suppose she could have moved back home for a while, to save some money til she got back on her feet. That&#39;s what one of my sister&#39;s did, but not every family can handle having an adult child and grandchildren in the house again.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Courtier

It is hard to move past the physical and emotional abuse Marina is said to have suffered to Mowatt&#39;s hands and the treatment she recieved from her parents hasn&#39;t helped much. I doubt she was ever given the chance to return home.

I don&#39;t think Andrew is rehashing his relationship. Those close to him say he is still very hurt by Sarah&#39;s humiliation and betrayal of him. He isn&#39;t the kind of man to force her out. I honestly don&#39;t think he expected her to say a decade when he offered her a place to stay. With that said I think Sarah should have gotten out on her own.

Philip does call all the shots in the house. Philip was also close to the QM. He never tried to keep Sarah off the estate he only didn&#39;t want her in the house with the family. She was at Sandringham every Christmas since the year before her marriage, but she hasn&#39;t been to the main house since her separation. He didn&#39;t want her to be included in the "royal" gathering because of her actions toward his son. I can&#39;t blame him for that. The party was also Andrew&#39;s birthday party he invited his own guests.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Philip was also close to the QM.
Not what I&#39;ve ever heard, quite the contrary. Some people even say they never spoke to each other out of the public eye for years. The reasons seem obvious.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
It is like Sarah said "How come I am the only one who gets caught?"
This is quite true. It&#39;s known as "double standards". Also, one standard for a woman married into the royal family versus a man born of the royal family. Someone has stated in this thread that the "British monarchy wasn&#39;t damaged by Andrew&#39;s affairs with women". Meaning what? That only Sarah&#39;s toe-sucking rocked everyone&#39;s world? I don&#39;t think so, and most ordinary people just would laugh at that. She probably knew about Koo Stark, Vicki Hodge and the rest of them before during and since.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york