The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:54 AM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 15th, 2004 - 7:05 am
Sarah knew about Andrew's career and the number of days Andrew would be around before he even asked her to marry him.

Sarah was unfaithful as little as 2 years into the marriage. She publicly humilated Andrew with her brazen romps with various men. To be topless while making out with your boyfriend in front of your husband's children and several body guards is horribly disrespectful, IMHO. There marriage did not survive Andrew's humilation at the photos that were published of this. And, by her own admission it wasn't nearly her first affair. Andrew hit the roof when he ran across pictures of one of Sarah's lovers playing around with his daughters at the pool of his house while he was away.

Andrew is still hurt by Sarah's betrayal. She said he they are the best of friends and that they love each other but are not in love. They are friends because they have children to raise together. Besides she is always lurking around in his relationships (who wants the ex living with you even part time).

Sarah was much liked by the family, but she just made so very many stupid mistakes. Some small but most weren't.

Perhaps, if Andrew had been around more? She knew before.....If the courtiers had backed off? Hmm, they only turned against her after many humiliating actions on her part. She really made their jobs easy if they were trying to sabotage her. I think they just sat back and let her do it herself. It was her affairs that drove the final nail into her marriage.
The topless photos were taken after Andrew and Sarah separated, actually, although Sarah was with the family at Balmoral in August when the story broke. Humiliated, she left the palace with her two daughters and returned to her rented home.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:56 AM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 15th, 2004 - 8:51 am
I think the toe sucking was after they were separated, no?
Bryan never sucked her toes if you look the pictures. He was kissing her feet. And, yes this happened after Sarah and Andrew separated. But the story broke when she was with the RF in Scotland that August.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:05 am
Sarah knew about Andrew's career and the number of days Andrew would be around before he even asked her to marry him.

Andrew hit the roof when he ran across pictures of one of Sarah's lovers playing around with his daughters at the pool of his house while he was away.

Andrew is still hurt by Sarah's betrayal. She said he they are the best of friends and that they love each other but are not in love. They are friends because they have children to raise together. Besides she is always lurking around in his relationships (who wants the ex living with you even part time).
Sarah married under the impression that she would get to live on base with Andrew. That would have affected how much they were together. So if she married thinking one thing, and was told something else afterwards, it would make sense that she was bothered by how much he was away.

It's been reported time and again, that when the photos of Sarah made the papers, Andrew went down to breakfast with his obviously horrified family and remained calm. He may have been seething in private, but no one has ever written that he was angry in front of other people.

Andrew was perfectly capable of asking Sarah to move out and of taking down her photos. He chose not to. That's on his head, not hers.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Gentry

It's not likely, but in my romantic imagination, I kind of hope they get back together someday.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is the kiss photo
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I didn't say he was sucking her toes (nor did I say he was her first affair - far from it). Any chances of reconciliation were mooted after that publication.

He was kissing more than her toes in those pictures. But what distrubes me most was that Sarah was topless while he was kissing her body (and not just her toes) with her daughters and the RPO in view. Having an affair is one thing doing it in full view of your (and your significant other's) children is quite another.

Andrew could have asked her to leave but given that she was horribly in debt at the time where else could she have gone. He may have been hurt, angry and humiliated but he wasn't an oger. I think Sarah should give Andrew some space 2 quite acceptable women have already slipped thru his fingers.

They will never get back together. Andrew may be a Prince (and a prince of a guy) but he cannot support the lifestyle that Sarah lives and they have never actually shown any interest in being anything other than parents and friends.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Courtier

I believe Sarah was aware before the wedding that she could not stay with Andrew due to security concerns on base. However, Andrew was at sea during the time he was away not stationed on a base they would not have saw each other much more often if they saw each other more.

Which I find quite odd considering that The Queen stayed on base with Prince Philip while they were still the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Sarah had initially moved out and Andrew allowed her to move back in. The Queen gave money towards the purchase of a house, so that her granddaughters weren't constantly moving house, so Andrew didn't have to allow her back in. That was his decision. If Sarah had desperately needed a home, EIIR would have allowed her a place on the Crown Estate, the same way she allowed Marina Ogilvy, who's behavior was just as bad, if not worse, than Sarah's.

Sarah doesn't get in the way of Andrew's relationships, just as Andrew didn't get in the way of hers. One woman ended the relationship because she realised she couldn't deal with the spotlight. If Andrew can't find someone to marry him, the fault lies with him, not his ex-wife.

Sarah was told she could stay with Andrew initially. After the wedding she was told she had to carry out duties and therefore had to stay in London. If Andrew could stay on base, then surely Sarah could, since he would be the prime target anyhow.

Sarah makes more money than Andrew anyways, and pays for their children's expenses. Of course Andrew can't support her financially.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Royal Highness

What is it exactly with certain members and bashing the British Royal Family??

Sarah made MANY mistakes--but look at her now!! She paid off her debts, and has more money than her husband who still must depend on Mummy!! She is raising her two daughters, and maintains a good relationship with the Queen.

Sarah has grown up and I commend her from coming from the depths of Hades to where she is today. It is a testament to how strong she is!! I say bravo Sarah and keep going!!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 16th, 2004 - 11:11 pm
What is it exactly with certain members and bashing the British Royal Family??

Sarah made MANY mistakes--but look at her now!! She paid off her debts, and has more money than her husband who still must depend on Mummy!! She is raising her two daughters, and maintains a good relationship with the Queen.

Sarah has grown up and I commend her from coming from the depths of Hades to where she is today. It is a testament to how strong she is!! I say bravo Sarah and keep going!!
i agree with tiaraprin!

Sarah,Duchess of York always raise her 2 daughters and Duke of York do raise daughters also because both divorces you know!

she been took her girls to vacation.

Sara Boyce
Old 06-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Courtier

It is said that it is Sarah not the Queen who picks up most of Andrew's bills.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by kelly9480@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:24 pm
Sarah had initially moved out and Andrew allowed her to move back in. The Queen gave money towards the purchase of a house, so that her granddaughters weren't constantly moving house, so Andrew didn't have to allow her back in. That was his decision. If Sarah had desperately needed a home, EIIR would have allowed her a place on the Crown Estate, the same way she allowed Marina Ogilvy, who's behavior was just as bad, if not worse, than Sarah's.

Sarah doesn't get in the way of Andrew's relationships, just as Andrew didn't get in the way of hers. One woman ended the relationship because she realised she couldn't deal with the spotlight. If Andrew can't find someone to marry him, the fault lies with him, not his ex-wife.

Sarah was told she could stay with Andrew initially. After the wedding she was told she had to carry out duties and therefore had to stay in London. If Andrew could stay on base, then surely Sarah could, since he would be the prime target anyhow.

Sarah makes more money than Andrew anyways, and pays for their children's expenses. Of course Andrew can't support her financially.

Quote:

A lot of people live on various estates belonging to the Crown (half the people in central London for example). Marina gets state welfare to pay the rent on the cottage she leases. I'm not sure it was much of a favor.

Besides the gate house Philip wanted Sarah and the girls to use wasn't fitted with modern luxuries (like up to date bathrooms). Hardly, a home befitting two Princesses of the blood. While Sarah could be left to fend for herself the princesses would not.

Quote:

That is not what people in the know suggest. But, we will have to agree to disagree on this. Sarah practically lived in Italy with the married Count Gaddo while they were together I doubt Andrew could have distrubed the relationship.

Quote:
This is the exact opposite of what Sarah herself has stated. She was never promised housing at a base. She simply assumed this and was much disappointed in this measure. Andrew was never stationed to a base he was stationed on various vessels at sea. He also chose (of his own free will) not to return home to Sarah on all his days off instead going off with friends on various pursuits.

Quote:
Andrew had a not inconsiderable inheritance when he reached 25. All this money was wasted (and Sarah helped with some of this). The Princesses would have been educated in a proper manner even if Sarah had never made another penny after the divorce. The RF would not have left Bea and Genie in such a state.

Andrew couldn't support Sarah while they were married. She couldn't even support herself before her marriage. She was 800 in the red the day she moved to Buckingham Palace. She spent all her money on clothes, clubs and tanning beds by her own admission. I would say it is quite remarkable that she is now safely in the black given her life long habit of living beyond her means.

Food isn't the only thing Sarah is disiplined about now it is also her money.

Sarah knows full well it is her connection to Andrew and his family that has allowed her to make the vast sums of money she now has. Perhaps this is part of the reason she helps him or maybe she feels guilty or perhaps she is just a nice person who loves her family. I tend to believe the latter. It wouldn't have mattered if she had married a chimney sweep she would have still helped him though I don't think she would have made the sums of money as the ex-wife of a chimeny sweep that she makes as a former royal.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:42 pm
A lot of people live on various estates belonging to the Crown (half the people in central London for example). Marina gets state welfare to pay the rent on the cottage she leases. I'm not sure it was much of a favor.

Besides the gate house Philip wanted Sarah and the girls to use wasn't fitted with modern luxuries (like up to date bathrooms). Hardly, a home befitting two Princesses of the blood. While Sarah could be left to fend for herself the princesses would not.

That is not what people in the know suggest. But, we will have to agree to disagree on this. Sarah practically lived in Italy with the married Count Gaddo while they were together I doubt Andrew could have distrubed the relationship.

This is the exact opposite of what Sarah herself has stated. She was never promised housing at a base. She simply assumed this and was much disappointed in this measure. Andrew was never stationed to a base he was stationed on various vessels at sea. He also chose (of his own free will) not to return home to Sarah on all his days off instead going off with friends on various pursuits.

Andrew had a not inconsiderable inheritance when he reached 25. All this money was wasted (and Sarah helped with some of this). The Princesses would have been educated in a proper manner even if Sarah had never made another penny after the divorce. The RF would not have left Bea and Genie in such a state.

Andrew couldn't support Sarah while they were married. She couldn't even support herself before her marriage. She was 800 in the red the day she moved to Buckingham Palace. She spent all her money on clothes, clubs and tanning beds by her own admission. I would say it is quite remarkable that she is now safely in the black given her life long habit of living beyond her means.

Food isn't the only thing Sarah is disiplined about now it is also her money.

Sarah knows full well it is her connection to Andrew and his family that has allowed her to make the vast sums of money she now has. Perhaps this is part of the reason she helps him or maybe she feels guilty or perhaps she is just a nice person who loves her family. I tend to believe the latter. It wouldn't have mattered if she had married a chimney sweep she would have still helped him though I don't think she would have made the sums of money as the ex-wife of a chimeny sweep that she makes as a former royal.
Marina gets money because she chose to stop working to go back to school. She can't afford rent, her kids' school fees, bills and the extras without a job. If she had a job, she wouldn't be in the situation she's in now. If her former husband had helped with the bills, she wouldn't be where she is now. Marina was initially given the house on the CE because her husband was physically abusing her. You can't deny that was a favor.

The house Sarah would have lived in on the estate would have been updated before the family moved in. Philip and EIIR would hardly allow their grandchildren to go without being properly cleaned.

Sarah has no power to ruin Andrew's relationships. If a woman likes Andrew enough, she will learn to get along with his former wife and his children. It's Andrew's fault he hasn't found a woman who can handle everything he comes with, not Sarah's. Your former spouse has as much power over your future as you allow them to have. If Andrew allows Sarah that much power, that's Andrew's choice, and Andrew has to take responsibility for that.

Sarah has told media people (Judy Wade and possibly Ingrid Seward, among them) that she was promised she could stay with Andrew on base before the marriage.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:33 AM
Courtier

Marina still had to pay for the cottage. It was never free. Marina does freelance work. She isn't technically unemployeed. Her ex-husband contributes near nothing to the children.

I have never seen Sarah state she could live with Andrew. I have, in fact, saw her state the opposite in numerous interviews. Anyway as I said, Andrew never lived on a base he was not stationed on one. It was plain before the marriage that Sarah would stay at Buck House until Sunninghill was finished not on some base that Andrew wasn't stationed at.

Sarah didn't give the impression that it would be updated in her book. The Queen wouldn't have allowed the children to live in such a state but then they could always stay with Andrew. Sarah was left to take care of herself.

Sarah no power over Andrew's relationships? You have never delt with "baby momma drama" as we call it in the US. She could have just as much affect as she wanted whether Andrew liked it or not. I whole heartedly disagree with you here. Sarah's mere lurking presence always around and living in the same home would be enough to turn even the most head strong women away. It isn't Andrews fault......lot's of men have to deal with their ex-wives/children's moms. The fact is the way it is now Andrew comes with Sarah and no reasonable women wants that. Until Sarah is married and out of the picture (and house) it will be this way.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Aristocracy

:woot: IS THIS A SIGN???????? WILL SARAH AND ANDREW BE SAYING I DO AGAIN?????????? I HOPE SO BECAUSE I THINK THEY ARE STILL IN LOVE, BUT PEOPLE LIKE THE DUKE WILL NOT LET SARAH BACK INTO THE FAMILY.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 18th, 2004 - 2:33 am
Sarah no power over Andrew's relationships? You have never delt with "baby momma drama" as we call it in the US. She could have just as much affect as she wanted whether Andrew liked it or not. I whole heartedly disagree with you here. Sarah's mere lurking presence always around and living in the same home would be enough to turn even the most head strong women away. It isn't Andrews fault......lot's of men have to deal with their ex-wives/children's moms. The fact is the way it is now Andrew comes with Sarah and no reasonable women wants that. Until Sarah is married and out of the picture (and house) it will be this way.
An ex has as much power as you allow them to have. If you allow something to be a source of drama in your life, then they are a source of drama in your life. But you have to allow that. It's about taking control of your life.

Andrew always had the option of asking her to leave. That he chose not to was his choice, and no one else's. His own father says he's crazy for allowing Sarah back in, but Andrew allowed it.

It is Andrew's fault if he can't keep Sarah out of his dating life. Andrew is the one who chooses to have photos of her everywhere. Sarah didn't decorate his personal rooms -- he did. Sarah isn't forcing him to keep her photos around, he's doing it because he wants to. Sarah isn't even in the UK half the year, so she can't be a factor in his relationships -- she's not around.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Marina must have a considerable trust fund. I have worked with people on income support for over 20 years and not come across anyone from her background. Give me a break.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Courtier

The Kents are the least well-off branch of the Windsors. Her trust fund was estimated at 160,000 pounds in stock options. She was using the dividends to put her kids in independent schools, but the downturn in the stock market has hurt her financially.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sophie@Jun 18th, 2004 - 4:54 am
:woot: IS THIS A SIGN???????? WILL SARAH AND ANDREW BE SAYING I DO AGAIN?????????? I HOPE SO BECAUSE I THINK THEY ARE STILL IN LOVE, BUT PEOPLE LIKE THE DUKE WILL NOT LET SARAH BACK INTO THE FAMILY.
This isn't a sign. Sarah will not go back into the Royal Fishbowl. And Prince Philip hates her beyond all belief--he blames her for leading Diana even more astray and egging her on to break her marriage with Charles. (anyway, I don't think Diana needed much encouragement on that front).
Old 06-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by sophie@Jun 18th, 2004 - 4:54 am
Saying Prince Philip dislikes Sarah is an understatement he pretty much loaths her. On the otherhand, the Queen has always been very fond of Sarah and of the two Princesses. I think this is more of a sign that the Queen is trying to mend fences and openly accept the fact that Sarah is still the mother of her two grandchildren and memebers of the Royal Family.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york