Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 4: January-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed very interesting to read, skhaynie. Thank you for posting the links!

A pic from yesterday evening: Sarah arriving at the Swish Hotel in Miami
(NEWSCOM)

Attachments

• spnphotos247144.jpg
    spnphotos247144.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 338
skhaynie said:
http://press.namct.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5228&Itemid=156

http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060120/NEWS08/601200365/1010

I hope these links work. I found these two articles today and both were interesting to me, so I hope you find them interesting as well...

My friend Nancy went to see Sarah's discussion in Des Moines. She said it was very interesting. From the way she described it, Sarah seems like a person who is very eager to please, and she's obviously very high energy. (The talk was sold-out, by the way.)

Hi, everybody! The weather's a bit better so I'm back today.

This week, CNN Asia's show called TalkAsia has the Duchess of York as its guest.

Here is the transcipt of the interview : http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/01/27/talkasia.duchess.script/index.html

some of her quotes :

I think I'm Irish, and I have red hair, and Andrew still calls me the hurricane. And I think I do believe very strongly, when I feel that I want to get a word out. Hence the reason why I think that I'm very proud to be able to do my job. Because, to be able to speak on a public stage with a passion, you've got to speak it from the heart. And yes, when I married Andrew, I married with my heart. I didn't, he happened to be a prince, but I married my man, and I married a sailor, and a prince, and you know, but I married with my heart. And I think that's why I'm so proud to be on the public stage, speaking for children now, because I'm speaking from here.

I think the secret to be a mum is to give quality. You can spend all day with your children, but be on the mobile telephone, watching tele, and speaking to five other people and not, you can ignore your child. Beatrice and Eugenie and I have such amazingly strong bonds that when we are together, no one else exists. I mean, I flew from, where did I come from, I can't even remember, I flew from Los Angeles to London to Hong Kong. Well, you know, most normal people would go Los Angeles/Hong Kong. You know, it's kind of on the way. Back to London, I just wanted to give Beatrice a hug. She needed it, so I went London for a hug, and I took her out of school, and I went and bought here a toasted cheese sandwich in the local tea shop. And, you know what, we had two hours together, and I promise you, she said 'mum, it's been the best time I've had in years,' because in that two hours we were in a tea shop, laughing. She was able to, I turned everything off, no telephones, and she was able to say 'Mummy, these are my problems, this is what I need, what do you think of this.' Dealt with. (LH: Amazing) That's what it's about, isn't it? (LH: That is, that is.) And I think Andrew and I uphold family unity, we both believe in co-parenting, he is absolutely, 100% behind me in every way, and I with him. And we actually are the happiest divorced couple in the world. And we live in the same house. And when the girls arrive from school, we all live together, you know.

There's many things I would like to do, yes, and there's many places I want to visit. The most important thing I want to do is I want to get up to the Tibetan Plateau (?) in China to see how those greenhouses are going for the children up there that really have no chance of getting fresh fruits or vegetables during when the winter hits. I want to go to Kashmir and see if I can help rebuild the situation, because in two or three weeks time that cold and that bad weather is going to hit those children that have been hit by an earthquake already. Those are the kinds of things that I want to achieve. I want to really make a difference through the eyes and voices, with children, because it's my passion. I don't know, it's just in me, and now I've embraced it, it took me a long time to embrace it, because to really do it, you've got to really do it. And you do kick and scream against it for a bit, because you think, no, okay. But then you suddenly go, no, you know what, I'm determined and I can do it. And my children have said they will share their mum. So, you know, my girls now have their mum, but they know that sometimes during the year they have to share their mum.

Last edited:
purplke platimum said:
From the interview: And I think Andrew and I uphold family unity, we both believe in co-parenting, he is absolutely, 100% behind me in every way, and I with him. And we actually are the happiest divorced couple in the world. And we live in the same house. And when the girls arrive from school, we all live together, you know.
I'm confused. A few years ago it was reported that Sarah had moved out of Sunninghill to a house of her own "just up the road." Recently Andrew has moved into Royal Lodge at Windsor, formerly the Queen Mother's Windsor residence. Does Sarah's statement mean that when in the UK she is based at Windsor with Andrew?

yes, i read that news too. i thought she has another house.
anyhow, does she still based in Britain, or does she now live in US? what city?

She does have her own house, but she also has her own suite of rooms in Royal Lodge with the permission of the Queen.

When did the Queen give her permission? I heard that she said "no" during the Christmas Holiday. I guess Andrew does not want to re-marry. Can you emagine Andrew inviting a woman back to HIS HOUSE, "oh don't mined her she's just my ex-wife."???????

yeh i heard that the queen had said 'no' to Sarah living in Royal Lodge. I think she is probably staying there anyway (in an unofficial way) when she is england, cause she has no house in engeland at the moment, she spoke of buying an appartment in ny too

It was reported near the end of 2005 that Sarah did get a new apartment in NY and that Andrew and Sarah were apartment hunting for Beatrice for her gap year.

The Duchess told Tony Danza that she had purchased an apartment in New York. I noticed that he was calling her the "Duchess of New York"!

Sarah on GMA

purple_platinum said:
Sarah at GMA on January 30, 2006
(from goff photos)

Here is a link to the Good Morning America Website. They have a 4 minute video with Sarah and 2 ladies that lost weight with Weight Watchers.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

Sorry I couldn't post a direct link to the video. :(

Suzanna

Thank you very much for posting the pics, purple!

Warren said:
I'm confused. A few years ago it was reported that Sarah had moved out of Sunninghill to a house of her own "just up the road." Recently Andrew has moved into Royal Lodge at Windsor, formerly the Queen Mother's Windsor residence. Does Sarah's statement mean that when in the UK she is based at Windsor with Andrew?

:mad: GRRRRR!!!! grrrrrrr! grrrrrr :mad: Sarah wants her cake and she wants to eat it all! How convenient to mention Andrew in US interviews and let everyone guessing whether or not their living arrangements are «marital» or not. They are when she needs his status to promote herself and they are not when she feels like having fun with another man in Argentina or vacation places. I feel that she is taking advantage of Andrew again. By keeping publicly a family image with him she makes sure that no other woman can be in his life - and she has to do that because her main asset is her relation with Andrew. She does a lot of stuff to avoid having to explain to American TV hosts why another woman is HRH The Duchess of York while she would be Sarah, Duchess of York. Grrrrr grrr grrrr

I still think the woman rocks. She has shown such class and has paid her debt...in full.

She is a modern woman who has never publicly said anything against the royals and is indeed a true lady.

Princess BellyFlop said:
:mad: GRRRRR!!!! grrrrrrr! grrrrrr :mad: Sarah wants her cake and she wants to eat it all! How convenient to mention Andrew in US interviews and let everyone guessing whether or not their living arrangements are «marital» or not. They are when she needs his status to promote herself and they are not when she feels like having fun with another man in Argentina or vacation places. I feel that she is taking advantage of Andrew again. By keeping publicly a family image with him she makes sure that no other woman can be in his life - and she has to do that because her main asset is her relation with Andrew. She does a lot of stuff to avoid having to explain to American TV hosts why another woman is HRH The Duchess of York while she would be Sarah, Duchess of York. Grrrrr grrr grrrr

Princess BellyFlop I agree with you. It's like she is using Andrew. In one interview she says that she does not want to be a part of the Royal Family and then in another she wants to send time with them (ie. she was upset that she was not invited to Charles' wedding). Like Prince Phillip reportedly told her "either you're in or you're out...". I totally understand wanting to be with her girls and raise them with Andrew (each parent supporting the other). Demi Moore and Bruce Wills are America's version of the happiest divorced couple. Bruce moved across the street to stay close to their children. I hope that some day Andrew can look at himself in a mirror and forgive himself. He did the best he could with the information he had at the time (Sarah amitted in her book that she did not tell Andrew what she needed). He deserviced to be loved and supported UNCONDIONTIONALY. I think she more affraid of lossing her title Duchess of York.

In her interview regarding the Royal Family, she doesn't say she doesn't want to be a part of the family. I believe she states that they don't want her to be a part of the family again. Probably talking about Prince Phillip.

I agree with a previous poster who says that Sarah would never remarry Andrew and become a member of the royal family because its too stifling. I love Sarah, but I am the first to admit she has made some mistakes. With that in mind, I agree that she wants the best of both worlds. She likes the recognition that comes with being Sarah, Duchess of York and I am sure she doesn't want another Duchess of York running around the world(bears in mind why King George VI and Queen Elizabeth didn't want a parade of HRH Duchess of Windsors running all over Europe!) She also likes the financial opportunities that are available to her.

Last edited:
it seems to me that she has really aged!

NEW YORK - FEBURARY 8: Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York, attends the Marchesa Fall 2006 Collection Presentation at The Rainbow Room on Feburary 8, 2006 in New York, NY.

from getty

Attachments

• 56792829.jpg
    56792829.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 311
  • 56792862.jpg
    56792862.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 56792865.jpg
    56792865.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 280
she defenitly is a big fan of balck...but it suits her thats all that matters

another black...

NEW YORK - JANUARY 28: (NY DAILY NEWS OUT, NEWSDAY OUT AND ITALY OUT) Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York (R), is seen with Giovanna Cipriani, Harrigo Cipriani (2nd from L) and Count Gelasio Gaetani after dining at Cipriani's Restaurant Janaury 28, 2006 in New York. (Photo by Arnaldo Magnani/Getty Images)

http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=da2de_56696475.jpg

Thank you for the pics, purple. I've always loved her natural smile, just like you can see it on all those pics :)

always a pleasure, iceflower...

i love seeing her out & about every now & then too... i wish we see more of her & her lovely daughters.

halyna

I do agree with Princess Bellyflop (Grrr!) that Sarah is using Andrew. I became quite disgusted with her once I saw that photo of her getting her tootsies "shrimped" by her lover. No woman of rank should ever put herself into such a position.

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York (R) poses with Nello (C) and a friend after they dined at Nello's restaurant on Madison Avenue on March 2, 2006 in New York City

from getty

Attachments

• 56984574.jpg
    56984574.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 56984565.jpg
    56984565.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 314
Thank you Romy and thank you fanletizia, wonder why Sarah felt the need to get rid of her coat ;)

sarah looks amazing! as for using Andrew, it appears as though he doesn't see it that way as none of his "handler" have said anything publicly about it.

When you consider that she married Andrew in 1986 and was only married for 6 years my goodness has she milked that association for all it's been worth. This is 2006 and her star, in America at least, has never waned due to that connection and I don't think it ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom