The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Fergie's big comeback

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260432,00.html

Old 06-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the article ... she has definately done something to her eyes ... It's wonderful when families reunite despite past obstacles.

Very heartwarming!

Old 06-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Administrator

I was under teh impression the only senior Royal who was an obstacle was Prince Phillip. Fergie has been seen with the Queen on several occassions. And if I recall correctly, the last time Prince Charles saw her he had a welcome smile as well. I can't wait for the Garter!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Courtier

Aaaaaaghghghghgh! Noooooooooo!
Philip against Beatrice and the wise od man lost to a socialite-wannabe!
This simply ruins the celebrations for me.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

great great news! Andrew need to her women with him in a moment so important in his life, I am soo happy for them!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I like Sarah but I don't like this. The awarding of the Order of the Garter should be Andrew's moment. He's served the Queen many years often without getting credit for it and I fear now that Sarah is at the ceremonies, it will be seen as Sarah's big welcome back into the Royal Family and Andrew's accomplishment will be on the backburner.

I'm thrilled that she has better relations with the inlaws but I'm not thrilled that she's taking the stage from her ex-husband at this important event in his life.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

Is there a more relible sorce then The Sun? I completly agree with yebel, but if Andrew really didn't want her there he could tell her no. If it is true, and Andrew wants her there, I say all the power to them! Really its not her first apperance together with Her Majesty and D of E.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

New pic from yesterday

WENN does not say anything about the event that took place, but several celebrities were photpgraphed outside the Ivy in London, among them were Sarah and Bob Geldorf:

(WENN)
Old 06-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of York Fergie helps princesses
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E663,00.html
Old 06-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness

Fergie, you've been forgiven
By ELIZABETH SANDERSON
Sunday 13:00pm 11th June 2006

...William, Harry and Prince Philip are expected among the 400 guests who will transform themselves for the night into the century's most famous characters from Mozart to Marie Antoinette. All agree, Beatrice's birthday party is set to be the social event of the summer.
...But for Beatrice there is something even more important than the event itself - and it is the greatest present her grandparents could have given her: the Queen's name appears on the invitations but she has used the occasion to mark the return of her former daughter-in-law, the once-despised Sarah Ferguson, back into the Royal fold. Beatrice's party will be hosted by Prince Andrew and the Duchess of York, who is poised to make her first official appearance for 14 years when she attends the Order of the Garter service at Windsor in two weeks.
...Fergie will also attend the private family tea that will be held after the ceremony.
On the face of it, the rapprochement is an astonishing about-turn for the Palace, which has steadfastly refused to acknowledge Fergie, mainly at the behest of Prince Philip who hasn't uttered a single word to her in ten years. In truth, it is the culmination of many years of behind-the-scenes lobbying by Beatrice to have her beloved mother once again in favour.

I hope Fergie learns some diplomacy and tact from her eldest daugther, when you scroll down the article they mention the Duchess' talent to say the wrong things at the wrong time, and without the comedic timming of her former father in law Prince Phillip:

...Fergie has retained an uncanny ability to put her foot in it
Only last week, Fergie told the American magazine Ladies' Home Journal that far from living the life of a fairytale princess, she and her daughters spend most of their weekends together watching films.

Children's charities criticised the Duchess for encouraging so much television, and always something of a loose cannon, Fergie has retained an uncanny ability to put her foot in it.
Inconveniently for Beatrice, she is now at an age when she can't help getting dragged into some of her mother's gaffes. Two years ago, Fergie invoked Andrew's wrath by revealing how she and Beatrice liked to go out 'on the pull' together for boyfriends...

So, let's cross our royal watchers' fingers and pray the Duchess of York is on her best behaviour and keeps control of her liquid intake during the celebration.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Thanks for the article, Toledo. I think that Sarah has good intentions but I hope she's well behaved at Beatrice's party. I'm glad that she was invited and hope that they all have a wonderful time! :p
Old 06-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think she will ever make peace with Prince Phillip. He probably remembers every single thing she did every time he sees her. Even today, the woman is like two persons in one, when she is interviewed on TV she seems well adjusted and when she parties she gets the class and the tact flying off the window. She is like the Windsors' answer to the Grimaldis' Stephanie.

If she survives this party, that I think is also a test for her from the Windsors, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for the next trouble she gets herself into.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:26 AM
Commoner

I just wonder how long it's going to take her to be on all the American talk shows (after Grarter and then Bea's Bday Party)?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Sarah and her girls at the beginning of June in London.
The article is about being a single mom, not important enough to be translated

(aktuelle)
Old 06-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: I just find it so odd that Beatrice and Eugenie are always holding their mother's hand or somehow flopped over her in many of the pictures of them together. I guess it's a good thing but I just remember when I was a teenager and trust me, I'd barely be seen walking on the same side of the street as my mother. And we have a close mother/daughter relationship as well. To each his own, I guess. Tell me, is this a European thing or something?
Old 06-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Bella, I would not say that it is a European thing. Me too I stopped holding hands with my mother around the age of 8 , but I noticed that many mothers and daughters hold hands even when they are for example 30 and 50. In my eyes it is not to show the traditional mother daughter relationship, but a sign of a new modern relationship - mother and daughter have become best friends. That could be true for Sarah and her daughters as well, but that's only one possible explanation of course :)
Old 06-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
I'll say it once and I'll say it again: I just find it so odd that Beatrice and Eugenie are always holding their mother's hand or somehow flopped over her in many of the pictures of them together. I guess it's a good thing but I just remember when I was a teenager and trust me, I'd barely be seen walking on the same side of the street as my mother. And we have a close mother/daughter relationship as well. To each his own, I guess. Tell me, is this a European thing or something?
Another explanation could be "us against the world" kind of thing. Sarah, Beatrice, and Eugenie are in the public eye so maybe holding hands is a comfort thing. :)
Old 06-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and daughter Princess Beatrice attend The Queen's Cup final at Guards Polo Club on June 18, 2006 in Windsor, England. The Surrey major polo tournament sees 14 teams battle it out for a place in final traditionally held in the presence of the Queen.
Getty Images

Old 06-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah has always maintained a very good relationship with The Queen, who is very fond of her. Prince Philip has been difficult, but probably not as rude to her as the press makes it out. We have no idea what happens behind closed doors.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Royal Highness

Sarah seems to have great relationships with both her daughter. Often teenagers like to rebel and hanging out with their mothers wouldn't be the "cool" thing to do. I think its great both Beatrice and Eugenie look like they were having a great time when out with Sarah.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york