The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I like Sarah very much, but I think she needs some guidance about her clothing, hair, and deportment. She slouches, and shows too much skin, and wears clothes that are often too tight and too short. And, IMO, her daughters could do with a session with the same advisers.

Of course the fact that, IMO, they dress badly makes them more endearing; I applaud the fact that they don't seem to care how they look.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, she looks awful in the dress. The color is terrible for her. It is too tight and she looks unkempt. I do think they like to look well, but for some reason cannot pull it off.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Aristocracy

The party linked to on the last page was Beatrice's fancy dress 18th birthday party. The theme was an 1888 masquerade, hence the dresses.

I took a leaf out of her book when I turned eighteen and had a 1789 masquerade. I truely did model everything off Beatrice: the date was two hundred years before my birth (Bea did 100 but same idea), the masquerade aspect, the dress code, and the dress- helping a designer put in together and having it made. All that being said, I think the same thing could be said for my dress: not at all traditionally "flattering". However, like Bea's, I think it fit in perfectly with the theme and the night. So, even though I am no fan of any of their style senses, I'll have to side with the girls on this one. :)

Shauna Baker-Karl's Photo Gallery - Last additions/DSC00980 edited-2~0
Old 09-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

She needs to toss that gown. The only good thing about it was that Matt Damon is in a picture with it.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
You are most welcome, Bella

Gfg02, as to the link you've posted, I had posted it in the British Royal Family current
events thread as well, there you can find more pics of the wedding as well

In a tribute for Luciano Pavarotti, I've found this pic of Sarah meeting him in in Italy in
2001 - what a great loss for the world of music: Sarah with Pavarotti
I've never seen that pic of Sarah w Luciano Pavarotti. She looks quite nice here, though The Maestro looks like a wax figure. No disrespect to the recently deceased.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Sarah Ferguson at the ONE X ONE annual benefit gala in Toronto September 9, 2007.
The ONE X ONE foundation raises funds to help children around the world who live in
poverty. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (CANADA)

Pic 1 *** Pic 2 *** Pic 3 *** Pic 4
I think she looks nice here. Thanks, Iceflower.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Here are several more pics of Sarah in Toronto last Sunday - in my eyes
she looked great :

Sarah with children 1 *** Sarah with children 2

Sarah with Petra Nemcova ***and with Shakira

Sarah with Matt Damon
Shakira is so beautiful! Horrible photo of Matt D. Sarah doesn't look too bad.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

I do like that gown she is wearing in the Luciano photo--that coppery bronze color looks really good on her and the style suits her. But, Bella, you are right---Luciano looks a little odd (again, no disprespect for the recently deceased).

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I like Sarah very much, but I think she needs some guidance about her clothing, hair, and deportment. She slouches, and shows too much skin, and wears clothes that are often too tight and too short. And, IMO, her daughters could do with a session with the same advisers.

Of course the fact that, IMO, they dress badly makes them more endearing; I applaud the fact that they don't seem to care how they look.
Ouch. But true.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Courtier

I went into my local weight watchers office yesterday and they have a picture of Sarah in there along with a letter that she wrote.
In the picture she looks very very good. She is wearing a pair of black slacks and a white long sleeved wrap shirt. Of course she was very slim in the picture, but even if she was not, I think she should take a look at that picture to see how good she looks in things that are age appropriate and not skin tight. Which is what I think is her major problem when it comes to dressing. She needs to understand that less is more. i.e.: less skin.
And she needs to wear things that are not designed for people in their 20's.
That white dress would have looked very nice, if only she had gotten the next size up and maybe did something with that wonderful head of hair she has. She is really a pretty lady, she just does not know how to play up her assests. She only knows how to flaunt the wrong assests.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

I agree that Sarah only "flaunts" and does not know how to "play up her assets." I think Sarah just has a very colourful, expressive personality--I like Sarah and don't criticize for that, that's just the way she is--and I think it's just against her basic nature to be completely restrained. I admire her for being as disciplined as she is with her weight, her schedule, etc. especially after the mess her life was in fifteen years ago. But the unrestrained aspect of her personality is still there and it shows up in the way she dresses, for sure.

I just think Sarah is the type of person who can't buy a simple outfit and be satisfied with it. She probably is always thinking in the back of her mind, "but it would look/feel better to add bigger bows, louder colours, to wear something tighter, lower, shorter...etc". I don't think she knows where to stop.

I agree that Sarah is attractive. Not beautiful, but she's no heavier than the average woman--probably thinner--and has a lot of very attractive qualities, especially her hair. In general I think people who are somewhat attractive are the ones who try the hardest to achieve perfection. Those who really feel they'll never fit society's ideals anyway don't bother trying. The sad thing is I think Sarah tries extremely hard to look good and it makes me sorry that so many pages of this thread is devoted to...well, how she could look better. I agree that she could, but what does it really matter. Better for her to make a few fashion faux pas than make some of the much more serious mistakes she made back in the 1990s.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:29 AM
Royal Highness

Sarah is an attractive lady; beautiful hair, great personality, etc.....she needs a stylist in a big way. The fact is, the outfits she chooses make her look, well.....cheap. And, she doesn't have to look cheap! She could be really well dressed if she would hire someone to help her (and her daughters)
She is attractive; I've often wondered why she didn't remarry. Does she still love Andrew or is she worried about losing her title if she remarries?

Old 09-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of York arrives at the memorial service for the stylist Isabella Blow who died earlier this year at the Guard's Chapel in London on 18 September 2007. Ms. Blow was the discoverer of designers Philip Treacy and Alexander McQueen

ANP Beeldbank
Old 09-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Nobility

When I saw Sarah in person (rather up close), I couldn't get over my surprise how absolutely gorgeous and radiant she is in person. Perhaps it is in her personality, but there is a softness and gentleness that surrounds her that has never been captured in a photo (imo). She is one of those people who really cannot be captured in a mere photograph....as there is always an edginess and harshness that seems to come through in a flat picture.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Administrator

That's very interesting to read, pinkie40, thanks for telling us about your
personal impressions..

After the "All That Jazz" event Sarah went to a "China Tang" party in
Dorchester, this time without Bea and Dave, but with a new handbag ---> Pic

And here's another picture gallery from the "All That Jazz" event --> link
Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Pss Beatrice's bf has a big smile. Seems to be plastered on his face. Rather a smile, I suppose, than a air of arrogance or something. It just seems strange: this huge smile across his face in all the pics. He's probably nervous, poor thing, w all the media attention - flash bulbs going off in his face, etc. Sarah and Bea are more used to it. I wonder if this is The One for her. Seems like a decent enough guy.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

Oh, I almost forgot (going on about the bf), Thanks, Iceflower, for the photos!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

OK--I told myself I would be nice for a couple days--BUT I cannot let that handbag pass. Once again, Sarah takes an outfit that probably isn't too bad and messes it up.
Dave seems like nice fellow--I'm sure he makes Bea happy.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Pic 19.9.2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Oh, I almost forgot (going on about the bf), Thanks, Iceflower, for the photos!
Not a problem at all, Bella
Sarah is seen very often in public during her time in London
these days, here's the newest pic from last night, taken outside
the Cipriani Restaurant in Mayfair, London:

---> Sarah 19.9.2007
Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
After the "All That Jazz" event Sarah went to a "China Tang" party in
Dorchester, this time without Bea and Dave, but with a new handbag ---> Pic
She's taken her knitting with her!

Seriously though, would that blue casual handbag be considered to be a fashionable item to carry with the black outfit? Maybe it is indeed very swish, and I just don't know.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york