The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH Sarah, Duchess of York on board Queen Mary 2, as she left Southampton (UK) for New York on her first cruise, where she is keynote speaker to invited business guests. 24/04/2007.

Pictures:
Sarah Ferguson
Sarah Ferguson 2
Sarah Ferguson 3
Sarah Ferguson 4

Gallery of pictures from Isifa

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Pictures:
Sarah Ferguson
Sarah Ferguson 2
from Isifa
I was trying to find something nice to say but, this outfit is blooming awful, IMO.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Thanks a lot for posting the pics, Avalon, the only thing I'm still a bit confused about is: What exactly did she do there???!!

And Skydragon, it was worth a try but I have to say as well that her outfit wasn't that perfect, well, that golden coat was spunky but together with her hairdo it all went a bit wrong
Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
With her inappropriate necklines, too short for her age hemlines and the company she appears to keep, I hope nobody sees her as iconic even now!
while i like sarah, i have to agree here. "iconic" is a term that being thrown around as much as "hero".
Old 04-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I was trying to find something nice to say but, this outfit is blooming awful, IMO.
All I can say is there are about 6 women on the planet who look good in those long sweater coat things, and Sarah isnt one of them. My sister, who is an absolute stick, has one of those and she looks like a lumpy carpet in it!
Old 04-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It's almost reminiscent of King Henry VIII's robe as he stands for his official portrait.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Who are we to criticize the fashion choices of an icon? (LOL)
Old 04-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Who are we to criticize the fashion choices of an icon? (LOL)

Surely not us, the common folk.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

i humbly apologize for my error. haha
Old 05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, and a miniature horse appear with NBC 'Today' television show co-host Meredith Vieira, left, in New York, Tuesday May 1, 2007 during a segment about Hearts & Hooves. The non-profit organization provides healing and inspiration through meaningful encounters between humans and animals.

Pictures:
Sarah Ferguson
Sarah and Meredith Vieira
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Shetland is gorgeous!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

Sarah had Beatrice and Eugenie with her at Hearts & Hooves, and the princesses were featured picking up accidents. Now, that's the glamorous part of being a princess!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The Shetland is gorgeous!
Plus, the shetland and Sarah made a great couple with that similar hairstyle! Well, no I'm joking of course Thanks
a lot for the two pics, Avalon, I wish we could also see some of Bea and Eugenie as well..
Old 05-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness

Sarah is scheduled to co-host The View on Tuesday.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Rosie O'Donnell told Sarah Ferguson on The View that she had stopped talking to a close friend because she was sending her 13 year old son to boarding school in the fall. Sarah replied that boarding school previded a secure and stable environment for children to learn and grow. Rosie's response was, why even have children if you plan to send them off to boarding school. Sarah said that in the UK boys start boarding school at the age of 7. Sarah said that her daughters have attended boarding school since the age of 13, she can go visit her girls every day at school if she wants to see them. Rosie said she did not like the idea of boarding school because the children are not at home with there families and are being raised by strangers in a strange place.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Royal Highness

Interesting that Rosie was so against boarding school. At the least, Andrew and Sarah would have had nannies (again, non-family members) playing major roles in raising the children, so what's the real difference?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Nobility

At least Andrew waited until the girls were in highschool before sending them to boarding school.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
Rosie O'Donnell told Sarah Ferguson on The View that she had stopped talking to a close friend because she was sending her 13 year old son to boarding school in the fall.
How sad to fall out with someone because they are not living their life as you want them to! Most boarding schools offer more than state schools or home education, to most children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
At the least, Andrew and Sarah would have had nannies (again, non-family members) playing major roles in raising the children, so what's the real difference
Exactly, but most people are unable/unwilling to admit that their child was bought up with the help of the nanny.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Nobility

What is a nanny? All I know is that they look after your kids.

The one thing that I found odd, is when Sarah said she sent one girl to an all girls school, while the other one went to a co-ed school, both as full boarders.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Royal Highness

My thought was, that had Andrew and Sarah remained married, their schedule would have been full of royal duties, with plenty of trips abroad.

As single parents, especially with Sarah travelling for her various enterprises, childcare would have been difficult without help (a nanny or some sort of regular minder).

It's my understanding that the girls went to different schools because they had different interests.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york