Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 8: February-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that the Duchess made some comments about Paris Hilton. Does anybody know what Sarah said, where she said it and why she is talking about such a woman in the first place?

Sarah Ferguson attends the launch of Sarah, Duchess of York, Tea Collection at the Bath and Body Works flagship store on May 8, 2007 in New York City.
Why are they calling her Duchess, she has not been a royal since the early 90s?

Because she is the Duchess of York, just like Diana stayed Princess of Wales. It will be interesting to see what will happen in Prince Andrew will ever remarry to another lady.

I assumed they lost the title upon divorce?

She lost the HRH on divorce. The divorced but not remarried ex-wife of a Duke is still entitled to call herself a Duchess, although in Sarah's case she's now Sarah Duchess of York; "HRH The Duchess of York" is reserved for the wife of the Duke, and at present there isn't one.

You might want to bookmark Google and Wikipedia; you can find answers to a lot of your questions there.

Marengo said:
I just read that the Duchess made some comments about Paris Hilton. Does anybody know what Sarah said, where she said it and why she is talking about such a woman in the first place?

Here's a short article about her comments concerning that topic, the reason why she is talking about Paris Hilton may be the simple fact that in interviews people and celebrities are always asked to share their opinions about current events...

FERGUSON: 'HILTON NEEDS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY'

And here's an article about Sarah's visit to the Ronald McDonald House in Minneapolis yesterday.
A nice comment:
"Just love it and want to be the voice of silent whispers -- as I call it. I'm like the loud speaker for children that can't speak all over the world."
You can also see a video (I can't see it as to my slow internet connection..:) ) --> article

although i don't think sarah is quite the person to speak about knowing the ramifications of your actions, i do think she's right.

Hilton is still finding herself, Sarah should know what IS and what IS NOT acceptable in society by now, after all she has been a public figure for OVER 20 years now.

"Happiest Day Of My Life"

Duchess Of York Describes Marriage To Prince Andrew As "Happiest Day Of My Life"

May 10, 2007 9:40 a.m. EST

Shaveta Bansal - AHN Staff Writer
London, England (BANG) - Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, says she married the "best-looking prince of all." The 47-year-old royal described her 1986 wedding to Britain's Prince Andrew - who she divorced in 1996 - as the "happiest day of my life."
She told Canada's Toronto Sun newspaper: "I married the best prince of all, the best-looking, that's for sure.

AHN | Duchess Of York Describes Marriage To Prince Andrew As "Happiest Day Of My Life" | May 11, 2007

QUEEN IS 'TERRIFYING'

SARAH FERGUSON has revealed that she still finds the Queen terrifying even though she has known her for nearly 25 years.
Fergie, who divorced Prince Andrew in 1996, was guest hosting ABC show The View in the US yesterday.​

The Daily Record - NEWS - News Feed - QUEEN IS 'TERRIFYING' - QUEEN IS 'TERRIFYING'

Last edited:
I have to say that Sarah has known the Queen for well over 25 years, since Sarah was grew up on the polo circuit. Of course, it probably wasn't an intimate acquaintance.

It is strange that the royals All married someone that they had been aquainted with since childhood.

Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, and Prince Edward didn't.

Here are two very small pics from last weekend:
She wore that golden coat again..;)
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, shows off one of her new line of Scented Candles, which are for sale at
Bed & Bath, during a luncheon at Nellos with designer Tommy Hilfiger and friends. Sarah says that she is in
the works for her own talk-show. Pictures by Schwartzwald

Pic 1
Pic 2

Last edited by a moderator:
The talk show would be a great forum for Sarah to talk about ALL of her charities and humanitarian work.

She looks nice in Gold.

I think that I must say that Sarah has grown up and really taken charge of her life. I am impressed that portions of everything that she sells goes to charity, and I think she has offered up the best advice to Paris Hilton of anyone else I've heard--of course, there is a vast difference in being a Royal and being a socialite who gets paid to attend parties, but that being said, I do think Sarah had some fine words for the party girl. I also liked the video of her visit to Ronald McDonald house--that was nice. I have to admit, I like her a little bit more every day--but a talk show??????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: I don't think I'm ready for that. She's no Oprah.

Pic 14.5.2007

jcbcode99 said:
but a talk show??????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: I don't think I'm ready for that. She's no Oprah.
:lol: Very well said, jcbcode99 ;) :)
Sarah and Peter Lyden at a dinner celebration following the American Ballet Theatre's 67th annual spring gala,
at Lincoln Center, New York city -14.5.07 --> Pic

All of her GOOD advice she learned the hard way, by making some BAD decissions and LEARNING from her mistakes.

I don't know if its the glare of the flashbulbs, the cut of the gown, or her poor posture, but this is really just not a flattering photograph of Sarah. I've seen her look much better; the ballet must have been boring and she took a little snooze :)

She looks HORRIBLE in all black. I much prefer her in gold.

Closed Thread

Time to close this thread.
The new thread for the current events of Sarah, Duchess of York can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom