The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

I totally agree that this guy is a creep but he's simply the latest in a long line of dubious men that Sarah has welcomed into her (and the Princesses) lives over the years. I know we can all make bad choices sometimes but with her it seems to be a constant failing and shows that her judgement, of men especially, hasn't improved over the years. It's continuing with Beatrice's latest boyfriend who also comes across, IMO, as untrustmorthy but who gets invited on a family sking holiday so he obviously also has her seal of approval.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela
I totally agree that this guy is a creep but he's simply the latest in a long line of dubious men that Sarah has welcomed into her (and the Princesses) lives over the years. I know we can all make bad choices sometimes but with her it seems to be a constant failing and shows that her judgement, of men especially, hasn't improved over the years. It's continuing with Beatrice's latest boyfriend who also comes across, IMO, as untrustmorthy but who gets invited on a family sking holiday so he obviously also has her seal of approval.
Correct me if I am wrong....but wasn't Andrew also in attendance at this family ski trip? So I would think the seal of approval would work both ways right?

Old 02-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Ah, thank you Elspeth.

Well if its the Royalist, you all know how highly I rate that blog's journalistic integrity. Should I say that Rupert Murdoch has more journalistic integrity (and you can guess what I think of Rupert Murdoch's journalistic integrity)
Yes, but this is supposed to be a transcript of an interview and is directly quoting the guy. That would leave them open to a libel lawsuit if it was found that they were fabricating.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

Yes Zonk, Andrew is also to blame. I've often thought that he gives his ex-wife far too much scope when it comes to making decisions with regards to their daughters welfare. But in that respect he's like a lot of men with female children who often think the mother knows best when it comes to certain things.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Are you talking about Beatrice's former boyfriend? Did Sarah introduce them? I thought Beatrice found him herself.

I don't know enough about her new boyfriend.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Yes, but this is supposed to be a transcript of an interview and is directly quoting the guy. That would leave them open to a libel lawsuit if it was found that they were fabricating.
Yes, its possible but they may also be banking on the fact that Sarah has an unsavoury reputation and she wouldn't sue.

If the guy is exaggerating to make good copy, I don't know how responsible the paper is for checking his story out. I imagine some items can't be corroborated or denied which leaves them with one source that they can neither confirm or deny.

I doubt if the Royalist does any checking and it would be interesting to see what the legal responsibilities of blogs are in court. If they are responsible under libel laws then that could make things very interesting for a lot of blogs on the Internet.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes Zonk, Andrew is also to blame. I've often thought that he gives his ex-wife far too much scope when it comes to making decisions with regards to their daughters welfare. But in that respect he's like a lot of men with female children who often think the mother knows best when it comes to certain things.
Angela...yes this is true. Sarah does appear to be the primary parent so to speak. So perhaps Andrew does defer to her way of thinking or lets her make some of the decisions.

But here's the thing. Everyone keeps mentioning that Beatrice and Eugenies are Princess of the Royal Blood...well...they are that way because of their father. And based upon what we all know (via pictures, articles, and just a little bit of common sense)...Andrew is involved in their life. He is not an every other weekend divorced father and pays for their upkeep. They vacation together, they spend time together (when both parents are not working and the girls are not in school), etc. If he has a problem with the way they are being raised, the people they spend time with...then he needs to step in. If he has a problem voicing his opinions (which from what I know has never been a problem) then he would have done so. Furthermore, if the Queen was worried about the girls...I am sure she would have stepped in.

My final point is this....instead of blaming just Sarah for all partying, hanging out, questionable friends, etc (and I acknolwedge that some of her actions are questionable)...there should be equal blame for Andrew. He can't be called a great parent because they behave well in public and are great students and she is a horrible parent for everything else. They are a family unit.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Most girls listen to and follow their mothers example, fathers are just there to be wrapped around their little finger.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Wow, Andrew makes my heart go pitter-patter but even I am not likely to let him off the hook as quickly as that!
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Wow, Andrew makes my heart go pitter-patter but even I am not likely to let him off the hook as quickly as that!
A 'man' who allows his ex, for whatever reason, to continue to use his home, doesn't strike me as having enough backbone to say no to his daughters either. I live in hope that after the bad publicity of Sarah taking their daughters to these unsuitable parties, he speaks up or she realises that she is their mother not just a disreputable friend.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Royal Highness

i'd have to say that andrew doesn't have enough input on the things we're discussing here either by choice or by ignorance on his part. he obviously doesn't attend these same parties with sarah and the girls as he's never mentioned but i do agree he shouldn't be let off the hook. for those of you with children think about this, would you do anything that would put your child in a questionable light? her parenting skills are seriously lacking.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Serene Highness

There is more gossip by Beatrice's ex in today's Mail on Sunday newspaper. Go to Revealed: My life with the Royals - by Beatrice's ex | the Daily Mail. The video of Sarah singing "My Way" whilst drunk (or maybe high on something else) is a real eye-opener.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Commoner

After watching this video I have to ask, has this woman learnt nothing from her many, many, many, many, many mistakes from the past!.....the answer is obvioulsy No.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought Fergie matured after Diana's death but I was terribly mistaken.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope this is a good lesson to Beatrice on the subject of who can and can't be trusted. You can see how the royals get so suspicious of people after being let down like this a few times.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddo
After watching this video I have to ask, has this woman learnt nothing from her many, many, many, many, many mistakes from the past!.....the answer is obvioulsy No.
I have to confess that I thought on watching this video that 4 minutes have never before appeared so endless.....

I wonder what the Mail will write next sunday, as Sarah's sister Jane is reported to have told an Australian magazine that her sister and prince Andrew are going to sue the Mail for the story which was printed in three parts - this was only part 2, so there is eventually more to come! Poor Beatrice!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh dear, I was almost convinced I was too hard on this woman, I now see that my view of her and her loutish, indiscreet behavior was well deserved, she hasn't changed at all. My children would have been mortified to see me or any of their friends mothers behaving in that way! As for Andrew and his 'shrine'
Old 03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Poor Beatrice!
This pretty much sums it up. Princess or not, she's a young woman who I am sure must be at least a little embarassed or confused by her mother's behavior. Not to mention the feelings of betrayal by supposed "friends". I'd hate to be in her shoes right now.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

It does show how immature Beatrice is to be dating these 'older' guys. The very act of showing this 'man' around her fathers room etc, says that she is not ready for adult relationships such as her mother seems to be encouraging.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Nobility

You can say that again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
It does show how immature Beatrice is to be dating these 'older' guys. The very act of showing this 'man' around her fathers room etc, says that she is not ready for adult relationships such as her mother seems to be encouraging.
One of my best friends just remodeled her house, and when I went to visit - I received the grand tour. I did see their new master suite, but she certainly didn't open drawers and show me her husbands 'secrets.'

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york