The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I just wish Sarah would just find a man (not Andrew) and build a life around him rather than trying to pal around with her daughters
Quote:

OOOHHHH..can we not start the Andrew/Sarah discussion again...I get such a headache. The way you guys talk about Sarah stalking Andrew..you would think she is keeping Andrew drugged. and he has no free will.
I didn't mean that Sarah is stalking Andrew, Zonk. Sorry!

But I don't think Andrew and Sarah can build a life together. And if she can't build a life with Andrew, she should be able to find someone else to build a life with and she can't do that with her girls in tow all the time.

Not to mention, its hard for the girls to find and cultivate their own friends and identity with mom always looking over their shoulder.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I didn't pick up on Sarah 'pushing' drugs onto anyone. The moment drugs were mentioned, Sarah should have left with the girls, but then they should not have been at a party like that with their mother in the first place!
I agree with you there. I was just mentioning that sometimes parents make mistakes thinking a party is alright when its not. Of course, at the sight of any illegal activity, all of them should have left pronto.

I doubt though that Sarah would have stood by while someone handed Beatrice a big bag of pot. Even if she doesn't care for her daughters at all(which I don't believe is the truth), even Sarah knows it would be a public relations disaster for her to be pictured with Beatrice getting handed a big bag of pot. Not to mention a diplomatic disaster of having a royal princess arrested abroad. That would put the British Royal Family in an awful position and as careless as Sarah has been, I don't think she's THAT clueless.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I agree with you there. I was just mentioning that sometimes parents make mistakes thinking a party is alright when its not.
Yes and children are very good at the 'everyone elses mother' says it's OK! Or so and so is going and you know how strict her/his parents are.

Quote:
I doubt though that Sara would have stood by while someone handed Beatrice a big bag of pot. Even if she doesn't care for her daughters at all(which I don't believe is the truth), even Sarah knows it would be a public relations disaster for her to be pictured with Beatrice getting handed a big bag of pot.
No I doubt she would have stood by either. I do believe that she loves her daughters deeply, but she is at times seriously misguided, what starts as a 'laugh' can have repercussions.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Yes and children are very good at the 'everyone elses mother' says it's OK! Or so and so is going and you know how strict her/his parents are.
Yes, somehow I could never fool my parents on that one! Perhaps I was lucky!
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes, somehow I could never fool my parents on that one! Perhaps I was lucky!
You probably were, my sons and daughters say the same, which is not what they said at the time, from what I recall!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator

No need to apologize Ysbel. That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. Honestly, your statements have been tame in comparison to others who have commented on the Sarah/Andrew relationship.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think the article said anything about Beatrice being involved with receiving or handling drugs. It started with some suggestions that she was at a party where this stuff was going on, but the accusations about actual handling of drugs were made against her mother. The headline that the Princess did illegal drugs was not backed up by the story; apparently the headline writer didn't read too carefully and fell into the same trap the author was possibly hoping that the general readership would fall into.

Interestingly, clicking the link in post 66 now gets you to an "article doesn't exist" message, so maybe someone complained about the misleading headline and the article was pulled.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Interestingly, clicking the link in post 66 now gets you to an "article doesn't exist" message, so maybe someone complained about the misleading headline and the article was pulled.
That's really interesting as I tried several google-linls to articles about this topic and this was one of two who actually worked - all others (about 4 or so) were already gone.... Maybe this is really one hot story where silent but effective legal action has taken place. BTW - the article was not to be found on the original paper's online version.....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Courtier

I just can't fathom taking my children to a party where there could be a possiblity of drugs being handed around. Knowing who might be there and what has been said and done in the past regarding those guests, I would be quite leary in attending it myself. I guess since I don't slobber over most of those who attended, I would have found it quite boring to be there. I just can't simply be a contributor to any of those people's ego.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

I think it's niave to think that Sarah and the girls aren't aware of what goes on at those high-end parties with young wealthy jet-setters. I'm sure plenty of B & E's friends experiment w drugs. For all we know, they may have tried it themselves. What's rather alarming - at least IMO - is Sarah's blatant disregard for the possibility of serious scandal. And the fact that she allows Beatrice to drink like that (if all this is indeed true and I have a feeling it is) is really disturbing. That and that she is telling a young man to kiss her daughter. What if Beatrice doesn't want to be kissed or isn't ready to be kissed? The whole thing is bizarre, to say the least. And just cements my feeling that Sarah is, like it was said, trying desperately to hang onto her youth and popularity, at whatever cost.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Nobility

They know what goes on but I don't think they would do them atleast not in public
Old 02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
That and that she is telling a young man to kiss her daughter. What if Beatrice doesn't want to be kissed or isn't ready to be kissed? The whole thing is bizarre, to say the least. And just cements my feeling that Sarah is, like it was said, trying desperately to hang onto her youth and popularity, at whatever cost.
I think Sarah, harsh as it may sound, should lose visitation rights. She isn't growing up and as for telling a young man to kiss her daughter, that's just wrong. She's acting like this 'fun buddy' who drags her timid friend into unsafe situations, all for a lark. I know Beatrice might not be timid, but she might really be out of her depth. I wish the Royal Family would step in and get Sarah under control or simply tell her to stop using her daughters as tools to get into exclusive parties. If they can't control Sarah, the least they could do is control Sarah's access to her children. They might be her daughters, but they are also Princesses of the Blood and they have to be protected, even from their mother if need be.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
I think Sarah, harsh as it may sound, should lose visitation rights. She isn't growing up and as for telling a young man to kiss her daughter, that's just wrong. She's acting like this 'fun buddy' who drags her timid friend into unsafe situations, all for a lark. I know Beatrice might not be timid, but she might really be out of her depth. I wish the Royal Family would step in and get Sarah under control or simply tell her to stop using her daughters as tools to get into exclusive parties. If they can't control Sarah, the least they could do is control Sarah's access to her children. They might be her daughters, but they are also Princesses of the Blood and they have to be protected, even from their mother if need be.
Okay thats a little extreme. Sarah isn't the best mother out there but barring her from her children just because she told a young man to kiss Beatrice is ridiculous.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
I think it's niave to think that Sarah and the girls aren't aware of what goes on at those high-end parties with young wealthy jet-setters. I'm sure plenty of B & E's friends experiment w drugs. For all we know, they may have tried it themselves. What's rather alarming - at least IMO - is Sarah's blatant disregard for the possibility of serious scandal. And the fact that she allows Beatrice to drink like that (if all this is indeed true and I have a feeling it is) is really disturbing. That and that she is telling a young man to kiss her daughter. What if Beatrice doesn't want to be kissed or isn't ready to be kissed? The whole thing is bizarre, to say the least. And just cements my feeling that Sarah is, like it was said, trying desperately to hang onto her youth and popularity, at whatever cost.
Where did you read that Sarah was telling young men to kiss Beatrice, Bella?
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Have a look at the link to the Royalist article in post 68. About halfway down, under the heading "PAOLO ON ASKING BEATRICE FOR A DATE," there's a reference to someone saying that Sarah wanted Paolo to kiss Beatrice:

"After lunch we went on a yacht. The wine was still flowing. I said to Alex: "I think I'm going to make a move on Bea"."

The friend told the Duchess of York about Paolo's plans, following which Alex told him: "Sarah wants you to kiss her."

"I said: "Are you kidding me? You just asked the girls' mother if I can kiss her?"
Old 02-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Ah, thank you Elspeth.

Well if its the Royalist, you all know how highly I rate that blog's journalistic integrity. Should I say that Rupert Murdoch has more journalistic integrity (and you can guess what I think of Rupert Murdoch's journalistic integrity)
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

No one can stop Sarah her being with the girls. They are adults now and they want to be with her. However I think Sarah is just not a sensible person no matter how good intentioned she is. I't's a pity that on her 18th birthday Beatrice said her mother was "the best advice giver" because she really isn't but the girls are young and think their mother is full of wisdom so they listen to her. I'm afraid they are going to find themselves at the centre of more scandals like this unless they develop some sort of common sense and think for themselves. I give you Beatrice's current boyfriend who's already been photographed at the Playboy mansion. Surely she can do better than this.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

if sarah took her daughter to a party where she knew there would be drugs then that's a very serious reflection on her lack of decision making abilities as a parent and perhaps BP should step in and exercise some control. if this whole story is being blown out of proportion then someone needs to take the tabloid to task for painting a potentially dangerous picture of an innocent person.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Courtier

There might not have been anything there but for the fact someone found out a Royal was going to be there and made sure something was there because they knew it would be trouble...for them.

People are just that mean...and greedy--if they can get photos or somesuch to sell.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

I'd just like to add, regarding this story by Pss. Beatrice's ex "boyfriend" ~ if he supposedly cares about her so much and thinks she's such a wonderful person, etc., etc. then why speak to the papers to begin with? He must have known that his words would bring question and concern (and maybe even scandal) to Beatrice and her mother. Why do it? I look at it as a direct betrayal of confidences and friendship. Is he bitter because he was "dismissed" by the royal group after his past came to light? What could he expect? And it didn't seem like Sarah or Beatrice was ready to cut him loose until the media got wind of things and they were probably pressured to do something. I dunno . . . the more I think of it the more I think it was a lousy thing for him to do ~ talk to the press. And you've got to wonder how accurate it is.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york