The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

from the site of my very good friend joanne, the last of sarah
Fergie & Beatrice's Holiday With 'Drug Users'
The Royalist - Fergie & Beatrice's Holiday With 'Drug Users'

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

Am I the only one here who thinks that Fergie didn't deserve the "Mother of the Year" award?

Old 02-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Probably not, but the American Cancer Society has a history of promoting women who aren't necessarily all around good mothers but good at promoting something that they are trying to highlight.

Sarah may have taken Beatrice to an event that focused on early detection of breast cancer and the AMS would consider that to be an exemplary act for a mother.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
Am I the only one here who thinks that Fergie didn't deserve the "Mother of the Year" award?
i agree. i wish they could take away he title. that would teach her a lesson. shes just a bad example for her daughters
Old 02-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The American Cancer Society is not likely to take away Sarah's Mother of the Year award because its in their best interests that she have it.

Don't you know these awards are all promotional tools? If you want to promote something, give someone an award.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

About Sarah and the society she allegedly allows her daughters to join:

All Headline News - Princess Beatrice's Ex-Boyfriend Says She's Done Illegal Drugs - February 26, 2007 -
Princess Beatrice's Ex-Boyfriend Says She's Done Illegal Drugs

While I realise that this young man has a lot of reason to feel hatred towards the duchess and is seeking revenge, the fact that he has so many pics (in the original article) as proof is disturbing, IMHO. Especially as I feel there could be a grain of truth in all that...

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I don't see the pics you are referring to.

So one of Beatrice's ex-boyfriends who has jailtime in his past wants revenge and simply because he said she received a huge bag of pot, we're supposed to believe him?

If that's true then this guy is probably getting more credibility than he ever has in his life.

It was a mistake for Beatrice to see him but she's broken up with him, thank God.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

You can see the original pages from the Mail on sunday here:
The Royalist - Fergie & Beatrice's Holiday With 'Drug Users'

I am not aware how the press complaints office handles these things in the UK but here in Germany the paper would be in a lot of trouble if the whole story is virtually a bag of lies. But wait what will happen now....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, there's a lot of innuendo in that article. You have to read it fairly closely to see that the princesses aren't being accused of anything other than being taken to a party where people had drugs - which may or may not be an unusual situation at these parties anyway. There's enough of an accusation against the Duchess that she might be able to sue if it's incorrect; it'll be interesting to see if she says or does anything.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well that party didn't look too conservative. American kids go to the Caribbean all the time to take advantage of the more lax drug and alcohol laws and unfortunately they can get into trouble.

The UK has a Press Oversight Board and as far as I know it used to be very powerful, but I think Rupert Murdoch and company have basically stripped it of what little power it once had.

Now Elton John is reduced to suing the tabloids for every time they accuse him of sleeping with boys. He always wins and they always pay a big settlement but other than that, they've received no punishment.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, there's a lot of innuendo in that article. You have to read it fairly closely to see that the princesses aren't being accused of anything other than being taken to a party where people had drugs - which may or may not be an unusual situation at these parties anyway. There's enough of an accusation against the Duchess that she might be able to sue if it's incorrect; it'll be interesting to see if she says or does anything.
Isn't suggestion and innuendo rather typical of the Daily Mail and The Royalist though?

Why am I not surprised?

On the other hand, going to a party where drugs was going on got Haakon in a lot of trouble earlier even though it was proven that he had never taken any. For a public figure, its generally not a good idea. The press may have been harsher on Haakon because he's the Crown Prince.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Why am I not surprised?
Well, that'd be because you're a jaded cynic, of course...
Old 02-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
There's enough of an accusation against the Duchess that she might be able to sue if it's incorrect; it'll be interesting to see if she says or does anything.
She probably thinks it's funny', she seems to work on the premise that any publicity is better than nothing.

However, the Mail and the Royalist are not really known for accuracy.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

However, the Mail and the Royalist are not really known for accuracy.
But don't you think that they had the possibility to at least check some of the statements before they printed such a story?

I realise that it says nowwhere that Beatrice and Eugenie actually took drubs, but for me it is an event in a line with taking them to nightclubs or parties of the likes of a Puff Daddy and I don't think any mother should do something like that - Royal or no Royal. It's disgusting to see young girls of the best family in Britain to be introduced to guys that are not eligible and that at such a young age.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
But don't you think that they had the possibility to at least check some of the statements before they printed such a story?
The Royalist? Are your serious, Jo? Its just a blog, and we know from other reports that the author's opinion on certain British royals heavily influences the content of her blog articles.

We also know from the Daily Mirror's story about Charles and Camilla that they are rather cavalier with reporting the facts even if they know what the facts are. You yourself have brought to our attention sloppy reporting and falsehoods in both publications.

That having been said, I've known parents to let their teenage daughters go to parties that they really didn't know. So its possible Sarah let them go to a party where there was drugs.

That's a little different than the insinuation that Sarah is pushing drugs on her daughters though.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Administrator

I am constantly amazed by the continued reference to "Puff Daddy" and the implication that Beatrice and Eugenie should associate with such a character.

While I don't condone Sarah with hanging out with Beatrice and Eugenie, and I also agree that their age (well at least Eugenie since Beatrice is of legal age) there are certain places and people they shouldn't be around...let's not forget that a certain type, look, background, etc doesn't exclude you from being a bad influence. There are just as many young men/ladies who come from a "good background" who could considered a bad influence (because of drinking, drug, etc.)
Old 02-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Both should have taken the time to check with other people and perhaps the Mail did. I don't disbelieve the story as presented by the Mail. The other site is not even worth considering as factual.
Quote:
I don't think any mother should do something like that - Royal or no Royal. It's disgusting to see young girls of the best family in Britain to be introduced to guys that are not eligible and that at such a young age.
I totally agree with you, it is wonderful to be seen as a friend by your daughters and as it should be, but at some point you must be a mother first. If that means saying no and showing some guidance at the expense of a tantrum, such is life. To be a reasonable guide, you have to have reasonable standards yourself, something Sarah seems to be lacking.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well that party was so big they may not have even met him so the Puff Daddy reference is moot to me.

I was much more concerned with Beatrice dating this guy with a criminal record but it looks like her parents put a stop to it.

I just wish Sarah would just find a man (not Andrew) and build a life around him rather than trying to pal around with her daughters. It looks like they are taking the lead and mommy following rather than the girls starting off their adult life and then Sarah starting a new life for herself without the responsibilities of motherhood.

Sarah is not going to find someone nice who appreciates her is she has her daughters in tow all the time.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
That having been said, I've known parents to let their teenage daughters go to parties that they really didn't know. So its possible Sarah let them go to a party where there was drugs.

That's a little different than the insinuation that Sarah is pushing drugs on her daughters though.
I didn't pick up on Sarah 'pushing' drugs onto anyone. The moment drugs were mentioned, Sarah should have left with the girls, but then they should not have been at a party like that with their mother in the first place!

Zonk is right, there are shady characters from every walk of life. I have met charming honest homeless people and well bred young men and women who have no problem taking anything they can from anyone and everyone.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I just wish Sarah would just find a man (not Andrew) and build a life around him rather than trying to pal around with her daughters
OOOHHHH..can we not start the Andrew/Sarah discussion again...I get such a headache. The way you guys talk about Sarah stalking Andrew..you would think she is keeping Andrew drugged. and he has no free will.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york