The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Personally, I would be very sad if i had been prevented from seeing my 2 nephews for 10 years.

I didn't read that she had been 'prevented' from seeing her former nephews, only that she hasn't seen them.

Whose decision that is is not clear - maybe the nephews don't want to be seen with their former aunt - remember that she married their uncle and wasn't an aunt by blood but by marriage. Maybe Charles didn't want her influence around his sons, while they were younger but they are both now over 18 and free to choose who they want to see - which suggests to me that it is more their decision than anyone preventing them from seeing her - maybe they know more about the split between their mother and their former aunt and have made decisions based on personal knowledge and even liking.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
I didn't read that she had been 'prevented' from seeing her former nephews, only that she hasn't seen them.

Whose decision that is is not clear - maybe the nephews don't want to be seen with their former aunt - remember that she married their uncle and wasn't an aunt by blood but by marriage. Maybe Charles didn't want her influence around his sons, while they were younger but they are both now over 18 and free to choose who they want to see - which suggests to me that it is more their decision than anyone preventing them from seeing her - maybe they know more about the split between their mother and their former aunt and have made decisions based on personal knowledge and even liking.
I have several nieces and nephews 'by marriage and not by blood'. They would still be my nieces and nephews even if their parents waould have divorced. Given how young William and Harry were when their mother died, I find it difficult to believe that they insisted on not seeing their aunt.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just where did she think she was going to see them. School holidays they were with their father and his family. Sarah was in the US most of the time, did she invite them over, suggest a meeting on one of their weekends off. The truth is probably that she did not make any effort to see them or stay in touch and neither did they. After all, by her own admission she and Diana fell out before her death and she hadn't seen the boys in that time either!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I have several nieces and nephews 'by marriage and not by blood'. They would still be my nieces and nephews even if their parents waould have divorced. Given how young William and Harry were when their mother died, I find it difficult to believe that they insisted on not seeing their aunt.

I didn't put that very well did I?

What I meant, and then left out - (note to self- put brain in gear before pressing submit button and chech that all thoughts are in post).

What I should have added was that as she wasn't, by blood, part of the family that they were spending time with, then it would have to have been a request on their part, or hers, for them to see her. They also, apparently haven't had much contact with their mother's brother - their blood uncle - so a question has to be asked about why?

I think that these two young men, even as children, had very clear views about who they wanted to spend their holidays with and made it clear that those people were their father and their grandparents. Had Sarah been at one of these events then they would have seen her - this also says that they haven't been to things like birthday parties with Beatrice and Eugenie (not Beatrice's 18th mind you but earlier ones) as surely they would have seen Sarah at one of these - Beatrice birthday is in the school holidays as is William's so when they were younger it seems as if the boys weren't invited to these birthdays or .... Sure the family may have had two birthday celebrations - one with Sarah and one at Balmoral with the RF.

Frankly I am not surprised that the boys don't want to see her as she was estranged from their mother when she died, and as someone else has said Sarah hadn't seen them in that year either. As they know more about the situation between the members of their family they could certainly over the last 7 years, in William's case and 3.5 years in Harry's have decided to see her (William turned 18 7 years ago and Harry 3.5 years ago). That they haven't done so suggests that they don't want to see her and that they aren't actually being kept from her at all.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 12.02.2007

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and Princess Beatrice out and about in Verbier, Switzerland - 12 Feb 2007

Sarah and Bea 1
Pic 2
Pic 3 - don't we know us?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

New pictures of Sarah and Beatrice skying in Switzerland on February 13, 2007 from Abaca.
Sarah and Beatrice
Beatrice 1
Beatrice 2
Sarah

Gallery of pictures from Abaca

And more pictures from yesterday.
Sarah and Beatrice
Beatrice
Sarah

Gallery of pictures from Abaca
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

great photos, thanks for podted it, and eugenie? she is with andrew this year?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

SARAH AND BEATRICE ENJOY SOME SNOWY FUN IN VERBIER

The loving relationship between Sarah Ferguson and her daughters, which helped earn her the title of Mother of the Year at a New York ceremony last week, was very much in evidence on Tuesday when the proud mum was spotted enjoying an Alpine break with Princess Beatrice.

The Duchess was photographed walking hand-in-hand with her 18-year-old daughter in the Swiss resort of Verbier. In woolly hats and thermal gear, the British pair looked just like any other skiiers as they made their way to the piste. There was no mistaking their closeness, however, as they shared a joke and chatted warmly together.

Pictures:
Sarah and Beatrice
Beatrice
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the photos, Iceflower and Avalon!!! Sarah looks a bit washed out but Beatrice looks fabulous. She's really looking alot like her father as she gets older! Those Windsor eyes!!
Old 02-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
The Duchess was photographed walking hand-in-hand with her 18-year-old daughter in the Swiss resort of Verbier.
I'm sorry but I just don't get this. What 18 y/old holds hands w their mother?! I just think it's weird, regardless of how "close" mother and daughter are.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
I'm sorry but I just don't get this. What 18 y/old holds hands w their mother?! I just think it's weird, regardless of how "close" mother and daughter are.
I don't, I'm 18 and sometimes I hold hands with my mother, it depends on the situation
Old 02-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures of Sarah, Andrew and Beatrice skying in Switzerland can be found at the York Family Pictures thread.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Nobility

I know mothers who go out with their daughters if they want to hang out together to each his own.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've been through this thread and deleted several posts by a duplicate ID which was created by someone in order, apparently, to wind up the critics of the Duchess. I've therefore also deleted some responses and other posts written as a result of this little episode.

I'm opening this thread again, with the reminder that our rules allow criticism but not bashing of royals. Also, if someone turns up to troll the threads, there's no need to fall for it and start responding in kind; if you contact one of the moderators, we'll be along to deal with it.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 02-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Royal Highness

I feel just wretched now--I let myself get wound up and have now seen my posts deleted! However, They needed to be. I have no problem admitting my mistake. It was a hard lesson to learn--my apologies to all.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99
I feel just wretched now--I let myself get wound up and have now seen my posts deleted! However, They needed to be. I have no problem admitting my mistake. It was a hard lesson to learn--my apologies to all.
Don't feel too bad, most of us get deleted at some point. It isn't something to get wound up over though.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are several, not yet posted pics of Sarah that were taken this month:

Sarah with Lenny Kravitz pictured during New York Fashion Week in New York, Feb.2007
..with Sophie Dahl during New York Fashion Week
..at her New York office
..with two kids in Chile this month
..moved to tears after a tribute by her ex-husband and daughters, as she was named Mother of the Year 2007 at the American Cancer Society Luncheon
..with a portrait of her daughters
Old 02-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

There was a report that Sarah maybe a participant on the upcoming season of "Dancing with the Stars", if this is true I would love to see her out on the dance floor.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Administrator

That's an old story, first raised in December. It is discussed in Sarah's current events thread part 5, on pages 7 and 8.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
Personally I can't understand why there wasn't a "Keep your trap shut" (Non disclosure) clause in her divorce settlement. The royal lawyers definitely slipped up here. Given Sarah's lack of discretion it really needed a legal instruction to stop her talking - and probably the threat of loosing any money she recieved & custody of her children.
I remember there was a stipulation that Fergie not exploit her young daughters by allowing pictures of them or else she would lose custody (she mentioned this on a show she was on) but I think it was only until they were 18 years. If only she had extended it until they were 25 years though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
'Andrew does the best he can, but he's the second son so I've always helped out'
The Duke of York may have undisclosed funds, receive in the region of £250,000 a year from the Queen and have inherited his grandmother's Windsor home, but apparently it isn't enough — according to his ex-wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Goodness me! How can she ridicule her ex like that!
Yeah and after he made a nice statement about what a good mother she is. Maybe next they'll give her an "Ex-wife of the year Award".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Well he's certainly more of an authority on her parenting skills then we are. If he can be kind and supportive of her,who are we to say hat we know better?
Well, what did you expect him to say? Something nasty at her own award ceremony.? He has more class than that - unlike Sarah.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york