The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

It was during ascot week, they going to watch Prince Charles play polo, Princess Beatrice was 12 or 13 years old at the time.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
FERGIE'S AGENDA TOO BUSY TO ALLOW FOR TV DANCE ROLE

It could have been quite a coup - a duchess hitting the dancefloor for reality US series Dancing With The Stars. But those hoping to see Fergie doing the tango will be disappointed as her representative has confirmed Prince Andrew's ex won't be taking part.
"It didn't even get as far as the shortlist stage," says her UK spokeswoman.
Thank you, Lord!

Old 01-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
Good lord. She has been writing this novel for over a year I think. And now she is a co-writer? I would have thought by now that she would have had it written/completed and it was waiting to go to print.

I guess that's what I get for thinking!
If only it were that simple! Novels normally take well over a year to complete, it takes a lot of time to complete a novel, properly at least.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Fergie backs Jo after CBB row

The Duchess of York has weighed into the Celebrity Big Brother debate by declaring her support for Jo O'Meara.
"I didn't watch the show and I don't condone anything she has allegedly said or done. But I know what it's like to be vilified. She is a broken girl. All I'm saying is that she should be removed from the stocks," Sarah Ferguson said.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Fergie backs Jo after CBB row

The Duchess of York has weighed into the Celebrity Big Brother debate by declaring her support for Jo O'Meara.
"I didn't watch the show and I don't condone anything she has allegedly said or done. But I know what it's like to be vilified. She is a broken girl. All I'm saying is that she should be removed from the stocks," Sarah Ferguson said.
Oh my goodness! If she wants to create media interest in her - is it necessary to engage in such a ugly topic and paint yourself a "victim, too"? IMHO it's disgusting.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

She was just expressing her opinion Jo. She didn't say she supports what Jo O'Meara did (as Sarah admitted, she hadn't even watched the programme).
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
"I didn't watch the show and I don't condone anything she has allegedly said or done. But I know what it's like to be vilified.
Well, yes, I would say that Sarah knows what its like to be villified.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Well, yes, I would say that Sarah knows what its like to be villified.
Mmmm, I might yet change my mind about some of the 'new' Sarah. Just need to get her to cover up a bit, get her own 'pad' in London and stop going on about being a Duchess.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She was just expressing her opinion Jo. She didn't say she supports what Jo O'Meara did (as Sarah admitted, she hadn't even watched the programme).
That's right - but why express your opinion -by a spokeswoman, no less! - if you have no idea why the girl is being vilified?

Whatever this "Jo" (it's not me.... ) did, she did it on "Celebrity Big brother". Noone is forced to appear on such a programme. If celebs do it, they have their own reason which normally have nothing to do with charity but self-interest. Big Brother is quite an old programme by now - anyone knows or could know what the whole thing is about. So this Jo must have known she was a potential victim of this programme. She did it anyway because she saw her interests fulfilled with appearing there.

Then she obviously made a mishap and is now (potentially) vilified for it. Well, things like that happen. But why does Sarah feel the need to phone the station and tell she knows how it is? That does not make sense to me at all, except in case this call was out of self-interest as well.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
That does not make sense to me at all, except in case this call was out of self-interest as well.
I think its more likely that this particular type of situation struck a raw nerve with Sarah given her own past and she just expressed what her own experiences were.

Its not smart but I think we've all agreed that Sarah isn't the smartest woman on the planet regarding influencing people's perceptions. But I don't think the move was that calculated either.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
But why does Sarah feel the need to phone the station and tell she knows how it is? That does not make sense to me at all, except in case this call was out of self-interest as well.
Yes, I agree. Why would she call and make a public statement? Esp. where she said she doesn't even watch the show and this woman (Jo) isn't a personal friend or a family member. I tend to think it's a self-appreciation move. If there was no attention-grabbing angle here, I'm sure Sarah's "people" could have contacted this woman privately and expressed Sarah's concern and/or support. But she obviously wants everyone to know how she feels. And why this woman? I'm sure there are plenty of ppl out there who are wrongfully "villified". She chose this woman to "support" 'cuz it's the most public.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Strange indeed. Sarah probably thought (in her strange way) that she would be helping the girl by making comparisons with her own experience, (as she saw it).
Old 01-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

If she had thought about how it would look in the press, I don't think she would have said anything about it but Sarah has a habit of not thinking before she speaks.

The move is likely to draw comparisons between Sarah and Jo which is not a very smart PR move.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

I almost feel sorry for Sarah, she tries to do something nice and it backfires, again.
She does deserve 'Brownie points' for not watching BB though!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I almost feel sorry for Sarah, she tries to do something nice and it backfires, again.
She does deserve 'Brownie points' for not watching BB though!
Now, am I wrong or you are actually warming up to Sarah, Skydragon?

Personally I don't think much harm will be done by that statement - hardly anyone will remember it in a few days. I suppose Sarah did try to support the girl and remind how cruel and exaggerating the Media can be (though she (Jo) did deserve to be told off for her comments but not be made a scapegoat, imo).
Old 01-31-2007, 03:59 AM
Administrator

Pic 30.01.2007

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York leaving Cipriani restaurant with Nancy Dell'Olio London, England - 30.01.07 Credit: (Mandatory) R Lawrence/ WENN. Her panty hose has not been the best choice I think

Sarah
Old 01-31-2007, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Now, am I wrong or you are actually warming up to Sarah, Skydragon?
Perish the thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Her panty hose has not been the best choice I think
You are right, they look awful!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York leaving Cipriani restaurant with Nancy Dell'Olio London, England - 30.01.07 Credit: (Mandatory) R Lawrence/ WENN. Her panty hose has not been the best choice I think

Sarah
Iceflower, where do you find these photos? But oh no on those stockings! Yikes.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

That style of stocking is in vogue on both sides of the Atlantic. Looks much better in person that on photo. Besides she has great looking legs -go for it Sarah.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Now I adore Sarah (warts and all) but those stocking are a No No. I think they are the fashion craze but more so for someone a little younger. Dare I say it. At some point, when you reach a mature age....you don't buy into every fashion craze (i.e. those stockings).

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york