The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
They both look terrible in this photo.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Sarah had arrived alone for their meeting, but the Duke of York, 46, offered her a lift home when they left the Mayfair hotel just past midnight.
Where did he drop her off?

Old 01-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
They both look terrible in this photo.
Andrew certainly does. Yuck! He's too nice looking to have a bad hair day.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
Where did he drop her off?
I have no idea, to tell the truth, The article doesn't state that.
I would assume Andrew drop her to hotel, if she's staying there. And since they've arrived separately, it might be possible.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Royal Highness

did someone (or it could've been her in an interview) say she stays with him at the house when she's in london.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
did someone (or it could've been her in an interview) say she stays with him at the house when she's in london.
She did. You can find the article, posted by Roslyn in this post.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Yes, remaining on good terms with one's ex is regarded by some of our members as "dysfunctional" and setting a bad example for the children. An acrimonious splitup is apparently the preferred and better option for all concerned.
Nobody has stated this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison20
It is quite possible that Andrew and Sarah have a platonic relationship now. Whether they do or not, though, is their private business, and I for one don't feel I have to be a keeper of their morals.
As long as Sarah keeps blabbing her private life to the media and thus making it very "public" then it's only natural that people are going to respond and discuss it.

Quote:
I believe that he vetoed Sarah living with Andrew in a naval married quarter when they were first married. (Why? Who knows - when Philip was first married to Pss Elizabeth she lived with him in ?Malta as a naval wife.) This left Sarah lonely and isolated for much of the time, with no 'support network' round here, which would have been available in a naval setting. She is not the first young wife to get bored and do silly things - but others are not in the unforgiving media spotlight.
I don't see why Philip or anyone else would care whether Sarah stayed with Andrew or at Buck house. I think it's more likely Sarah that didn't want to stay on base and give up the social life in London (and of course all the toe sucking ). Why do the royal family always get accused of interfering in Sarah & Andrew's married life? It's been well documented that the Queen and Phillip made a point of staying out of their children's marital situations. Even when Chas & Diana were having their problems they allowed them to try to work things out their own way (even their affairs). It wasn't until Chas & Diana made it clear they wanted out of their marriage and things got out of control (publicly) that the Queen "allowed" them to divorce. So why should it have been any different for Andrew?
Nothing like using the Royal Family as a scapegoat!

Quote:
Fourthly, Sarah has worked hard and paid off her debts. She is involved with a children's charity, and works for Weight Watchers in the US. Some people are sour about her - but I think she deserves the success she has, and also deserves to have Andrew still care about her.
It's amusing whenever anything controversial is brought up about Sarah her debts are always brought to the forefront. Yes she has paid off her debts. But they were her debts from her living a very extravagant, self-indulgent lifestyle and it's only right that she pay them off which btw her ex husband helped a lot by generously allowing her to live under his roof, maybe at the personal cost of his own social (dating) life.
Paying off her own debts doesn't make her a hero, it doesn't make her a saint and it doesn't make her any less tacky than she is.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
What house is that? I thought he stayed at the palace when in London. Surely he wouldn't take her there, would he?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What house is that? I thought he stayed at the palace when in London. Surely he wouldn't take her there, would he?
Sunninghill Park, i think
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
Yes, but that's not in London.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
I thought he sold Sunninghill Park and was living at Royal Lodge or something. I believe it was one of the late Queen Mother's residences. I recall reading that he was spending alot of money renovating it.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
I thought he sold Sunninghill Park and was living at Royal Lodge or something. I believe it was one of the late Queen Mother's residences. I recall reading that he was spending alot of money renovating it.
Still, that doesn't answer where he stays when in London. Neither of them are in London.r
Old 01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Still, that doesn't answer where he stays when in London. Neither of them are in London.r
He lives at Royal Lodge, Windsor which is only 20-30 minutes from central London.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't see why Philip or anyone else would care whether Sarah stayed with Andrew or at Buck house. I think it's more likely Sarah that didn't want to stay on base and give up the social life in London (and of course all the toe sucking ).
I'm not sure what the toe sucking has to do with her early married life, but whatever. As to the other, she said in her autobiography that she'd wanted to go and live on base with Andrew and was told she couldn't. I assume that's where this information is coming from.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
As to the other, she said in her autobiography that she'd wanted to go and live on base with Andrew and was told she couldn't. I assume that's where this information is coming from.
Mmmm, was she told she couldn't by senior naval officers, possibly worried about security on the base, did she say?

Has anyone seen the 3 bedroomed semi detached Andrew would have been eligible for at the time? Where would his or her protection officers have stayed.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't have a copy of the book still, but I think she said she was told by someone at the Palace. I suspect it wasn't the Queen herself who told her, but I also suspect the Palace officials wouldn't be doing this off their own bat without checking what the Queen's opinions were.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
He lives at Royal Lodge, Windsor which is only 20-30 minutes from central London.
I truly am not being stupid here, just trying to get things clear: so, then, when Sarah said she lives with Andrew when she is in London
( http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007000607,00.html )
it is really Royal Lodge at Windsor where they are staying?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I truly am not being stupid here, just trying to get things clear: so, then, when Sarah said she lives with Andrew when she is in London
( http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007000607,00.html )
it is really Royal Lodge at Windsor where they are staying?
You are not being stupid. Yes she stays at Royal Lodge with Andrew.

It is just outside central London and an easy commute.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You are not being stupid. Yes she stay at Royal Lodge with Andrew.

It is just outside central London and an easy commute.
Does Andrew commute between Windsor and London then whenever he has engagements in London? Does he never stay in London?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I don't have a copy of the book still, but I think she said she was told by someone at the Palace. I suspect it wasn't the Queen herself who told her, but I also suspect the Palace officials wouldn't be doing this off their own bat without checking what the Queen's opinions were.
With the NI troubles and the death of his uncle by an IRA bomb in '79, security for Andrew and Sarah would have been uppermost in everyones mind I should think.

It is rather difficult to guard someone in a semi on a housing estate, very few officers, senior or junior have houses within the base. The camps really are just like large housing estates. Security would have been a nightmare, where would the protection men have slept, (there were very few women officers). It used to be hard enough for personel to get accomodation, with some on waiting lists and others taking out hirings.
Andrew would have been in officer quarters within the barracks, hardly suitable for a wife.

Perhaps someone who has the book can quote what she did say.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york