The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Sarah was on The Today Show today, speaking about Weight Watchers and showing off some proud WW alums. I can't say much more, I was sleeping through the show, but I did hear Sarah!

Old 01-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Sarah was on The Today Show today, speaking about Weight Watchers and showing off some proud WW alums. I can't say much more, I was sleeping through the show, but I did hear Sarah!

You slept through the show? That's dereliction of duty, you know. As soon as you heard Sarah you were obliged to pay full attention and make notes.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Royal Highness

even if sarah did know that she'd be spending long periods of time apart from andrew (which i'm sure she did) that doesn't mean that she could comprehend how difficult it would be. i'm sure she knew it would be hard but i wonder did she really understand and comprehend the difficulty. i mean people always think they can handle most, if not all, situations that life throws at them and some people do and some people don't. that aside, toss public figure, raising two children alone for long periods of time and her particular inlaws into the mix and i think she had it a bit more difficult than most. i'm not defending her extramarital affairs by any stretch of the imagination though.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

That is one thing that always amuses me, Sarah had a nanny to help with her daughters 'alone', which left her free to keep herself busy, to go to clubs, dine with friends etc. She wasn't locked up anywhere to stop her from seeing her friends, family or anyone else.

I coped with the first of my mob along with an unsung heroine called a nanny! I freely admit that even though I set the rules on how they were to be treated, she is as responsible for the way they have turned out, as I am. It's rather like these people that say they are building their own house, when what they mean is they are paying someone to build a house for them.
Thousands of women have trouble with their inlaws or indeed their own parents, but they still manage not to have affairs.

In the end, it boils down to taking responsibility for your own actions or decisions and IMO, it is not healthy for Andrew or Sarah to be living in a no mans land. (plus it means ysbel can't get her chance)!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

A reminder that this is the Sarah current events thread and not the place to rehash the breakdown of her marriage.

thanks.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Sarah was on The Today Show today, speaking about Weight Watchers and showing off some proud WW alums.
Weight Watchers certainly got their moneys worth hiring Sarah as a spokesperson: she's done an excellent job of keeping her own weight off and she looks great, I also applaud her enthusiasm for other ppl who have gone through the program and also have success stories. Rather than just a paid celeb, Sarah seems to really care about this subject and that's commendable.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
Weight Watchers certainly got their moneys worth hiring Sarah as a spokesperson: she's done an excellent job of keeping her own weight off and she looks great, I also applaud her enthusiasm for other ppl who have gone through the program and also have success stories. Rather than just a paid celeb, Sarah seems to really care about this subject and that's commendable.

As someone who is currently doing the WW Points System, it's great to see someone like Sarah who has done a great job of keeping the weight off....it shows that it works! I too love the fact that she cares a great deal about the subject because health is something all people should be greatly concerned with.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
As someone who is currently doing the WW Points System, it's great to see someone like Sarah who has done a great job of keeping the weight off....it shows that it works! I too love the fact that she cares a great deal about the subject because health is something all people should be greatly concerned with.
But SM, did you join because of Sarah or had you heard of it before? It still boils down to taking responsibilty for your decisions, not just for joining, but for sticking to it! Good luck.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
But SM, did you join because of Sarah or had you heard of it before? It still boils down to taking responsibilty for your decisions, not just for joining, but for sticking to it! Good luck.

I had heard about it before, but didn't join until after I saw the advertisements she did for it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I had heard about it before, but didn't join until after I saw the advertisements she did for it.
The good luck sentiment stands, She is not in the adverts here in the UK!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:49 AM
Administrator

Pics 15.01.2007

Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew sighting at China Tang - January 15, 2007 China Tang London, Great Britain January 15, 2007

Sarah
Sarah and Andrew
Sarah and Andrew 2
In the car
Old 01-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

At least she tried!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

What's China Tang?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I think people had heard of it but Sarah put a recognizable face to it. She also did joint interviews with other women who had been in the program.

There's a difference between saying to oneself that this is a good thing to do and seeing someone else do it and saying if she could do it so could I.

Generally people have better success achieving something if they can visualize themselves achieving their goals and its easier to visualize yourself doing it if you've seen someone else do it.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Sarah looks fabulous!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the photos, Iceflower. Both Sarah and Andrew look very good. I esp. like Sarah's long black coat w the blue satin lining. Very elegant on her.

I have a question: when royals go out to dinner like this, do their bodyguards have to go into the restaurant too? Do they order something to eat or drink or just take up a table nearby?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Nobility

When my bodyguard is working, I'm paying him to watch over me, not to eat. Of course if it's a long day he gets a break.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

they look so happy togheter!, andrew look a bit old.............
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Fergie and Andrew's dinner date in Mayfair

They may have been divorced for more than a decade, but Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson are clearly still the best of friends.
They spent more than three-and-a-half hours in each other's company on Monday night, enjoying a meal at the China Tang restaurant at the Dorchester.
Sarah had arrived alone for their meeting, but the Duke of York, 46, offered her a lift home when they left the Mayfair hotel just past midnight. The couple officially ended their 10-year marriage in 1996.

Picture: Prince Andrew and Sarah
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
There's a difference between saying to oneself that this is a good thing to do and seeing someone else do it and saying if she could do it so could I.
I expect it takes different people different ways to motivate themselves.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york