Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 7: December 2006-February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
skhaynie said:
IMO, she could prostrate herself in front of Buckingham Palace in sackcloth and ashes and it wouldn't be enough for those people.
That would gain her more publicity, I suppose but, far too exhibitionist for anyone with a modicum of taste I would have thought. With Sarah, one never knows! :lol:

I just don't get THIS part.... If you don't like someone or how they behaved, WHY spend time reading and writing about them???

As Avareenah has already said, it makes for interesting discussions. To me, that is why this is called a forum, not a ??? fan site.

skhaynie said:
IMO, she could prostrate herself in front of Buckingham Palace in sackcloth and ashes and it wouldn't be enough for those people.

HA! And Prince Philip would probably glance out the window before turning away in disgust muttering, "Hmpf, I see Sarah's up to her old tricks."

Can we cool down the temperature in here a bit? Pretty soon and we might need to run the air conditioner. :lol:

ysbel
British forums moderator

Oppie said:
Sarah is (suppose) to be on The View tomorrow.
I don't know though if she has cancelled, because of the memorial service though.

She made it the show, which really impresses me. She said the Wentworth-Stanley son committed suicide (I thought it was still unknown whether it was accidental or otherwise, so now we know.) Very sad.

Lady Jean said:
She made it the show, which really impresses me. She said the Wentworth-Stanley son committed suicide (I thought it was still unknown whether it was accidental or otherwise, so now we know.) Very sad.

You were right, it is still unknown whether it was an accident or a suicide.
Of course Sarah, as a family friend, may know more then we do, however the Police is still trying to figure out whether it was accidental or not.

Avalon said:
You were right, it is still unknown whether it was an accident or a suicide.
Of course Sarah, as a family friend, may know more then we do, however the Police are still trying to figure out whether it was accidental or not.

I think it would have been sensible, not to make this announcement before the police investigation is concluded. :bang:

I saw Sarah on The View too, and was struck by her comments on the movie The Queen. Sarah said the movie made her wonder if she had let the Queen down (and she was very upset by the question).

Although I like Sarah, that comment made me wonder! She should have been considering that possibility at least as long as 19 years ago. Hmmm.

iowabelle said:
I saw Sarah on The View too, and was struck by her comments on the movie The Queen. Sarah said the movie made her wonder if she had let the Queen down (and she was very upset by the question).

Although I like Sarah, that comment made me wonder! She should have been considering that possibility at least as long as 19 years ago. Hmmm.

I bet that if she thought the way she thinks now as an older, dare I say more mature woman, it would have bothered her way back when. Back then, I don't think she thought much further than herself and what she could obtain for free. Now, in hindsight, she has seen what she has done wrong and has tried to correct it, what she can correct.
I'm sure back then, she did not think it was possible to hurt the Queen in any way. And now through the course of her actions, both positive and negative, she has seen what damage she has done, which in turn is not something that can be corrected now. I'm sure the Queen and everyone else in the free world has forgiven Sarah for the way she acted in the past, but they have not forgotten, hence her reputation now a days. And now that she looks back, and sees the person she once was, and the person she has become today, I bet it would make her upset to know that she had let a very important person down. That is something that can never be undone.

Skydragon said:
I think it would have been sensible, not to make this announcement before the police investigation is concluded. :bang:

Yes I agree!! Or what if the family didn't really want it known it was a suicide? It seemed like an innocent slip of the tongue on Sarah's part but a bit unfortunate.

Sarah was on The Today Show today, speaking about Weight Watchers and showing off some proud WW alums. I can't say much more, I was sleeping through the show, but I did hear Sarah!

iowabelle said:
Sarah was on The Today Show today, speaking about Weight Watchers and showing off some proud WW alums. I can't say much more, I was sleeping through the show, but I did hear Sarah!

You slept through the show? That's dereliction of duty, you know. As soon as you heard Sarah you were obliged to pay full attention and make notes. :ROFLMAO:

even if sarah did know that she'd be spending long periods of time apart from andrew (which i'm sure she did) that doesn't mean that she could comprehend how difficult it would be. i'm sure she knew it would be hard but i wonder did she really understand and comprehend the difficulty. i mean people always think they can handle most, if not all, situations that life throws at them and some people do and some people don't. that aside, toss public figure, raising two children alone for long periods of time and her particular inlaws into the mix and i think she had it a bit more difficult than most. i'm not defending her extramarital affairs by any stretch of the imagination though.

That is one thing that always amuses me, Sarah had a nanny to help with her daughters 'alone', which left her free to keep herself busy, to go to clubs, dine with friends etc. She wasn't locked up anywhere to stop her from seeing her friends, family or anyone else.

I coped with the first of my mob along with an unsung heroine called a nanny! I freely admit that even though I set the rules on how they were to be treated, she is as responsible for the way they have turned out, as I am. It's rather like these people that say they are building their own house, when what they mean is they are paying someone to build a house for them. :lol:
Thousands of women have trouble with their inlaws or indeed their own parents, but they still manage not to have affairs. :rolleyes:

In the end, it boils down to taking responsibility for your own actions or decisions and IMO, it is not healthy for Andrew or Sarah to be living in a no mans land. (plus it means ysbel can't get her chance)! :ROFLMAO:

A reminder that this is the Sarah current events thread and not the place to rehash the breakdown of her marriage.

thanks.

iowabelle said:
Sarah was on The Today Show today, speaking about Weight Watchers and showing off some proud WW alums.

Weight Watchers certainly got their moneys worth hiring Sarah as a spokesperson: she's done an excellent job of keeping her own weight off and she looks great, I also applaud her enthusiasm for other ppl who have gone through the program and also have success stories. Rather than just a paid celeb, Sarah seems to really care about this subject and that's commendable.

Bella said:
Weight Watchers certainly got their moneys worth hiring Sarah as a spokesperson: she's done an excellent job of keeping her own weight off and she looks great, I also applaud her enthusiasm for other ppl who have gone through the program and also have success stories. Rather than just a paid celeb, Sarah seems to really care about this subject and that's commendable.

As someone who is currently doing the WW Points System, it's great to see someone like Sarah who has done a great job of keeping the weight off....it shows that it works! I too love the fact that she cares a great deal about the subject because health is something all people should be greatly concerned with.

Sister Morphine said:
As someone who is currently doing the WW Points System, it's great to see someone like Sarah who has done a great job of keeping the weight off....it shows that it works! I too love the fact that she cares a great deal about the subject because health is something all people should be greatly concerned with.

But SM, did you join because of Sarah or had you heard of it before? It still boils down to taking responsibilty for your decisions, not just for joining, but for sticking to it! Good luck. :flowers:

Skydragon said:
But SM, did you join because of Sarah or had you heard of it before? It still boils down to taking responsibilty for your decisions, not just for joining, but for sticking to it! Good luck. :flowers:

I had heard about it before, but didn't join until after I saw the advertisements she did for it.

Sister Morphine said:
I had heard about it before, but didn't join until after I saw the advertisements she did for it.

The good luck sentiment stands, She is not in the adverts here in the UK! :lol:

Skydragon said:

I think people had heard of it but Sarah put a recognizable face to it. She also did joint interviews with other women who had been in the program.

There's a difference between saying to oneself that this is a good thing to do and seeing someone else do it and saying if she could do it so could I.

Generally people have better success achieving something if they can visualize themselves achieving their goals and its easier to visualize yourself doing it if you've seen someone else do it.

Sarah looks fabulous!

Thanks for the photos, Iceflower. Both Sarah and Andrew look very good. I esp. like Sarah's long black coat w the blue satin lining. Very elegant on her.

I have a question: when royals go out to dinner like this, do their bodyguards have to go into the restaurant too? Do they order something to eat or drink or just take up a table nearby?

When my bodyguard is working, I'm paying him to watch over me, not to eat. Of course if it's a long day he gets a break.

they look so happy togheter!, andrew look a bit old.............

Fergie and Andrew's dinner date in Mayfair

They may have been divorced for more than a decade, but Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson are clearly still the best of friends.
They spent more than three-and-a-half hours in each other's company on Monday night, enjoying a meal at the China Tang restaurant at the Dorchester.
Sarah had arrived alone for their meeting, but the Duke of York, 46, offered her a lift home when they left the Mayfair hotel just past midnight. The couple officially ended their 10-year marriage in 1996.

Picture: Prince Andrew and Sarah

ysbel said:
There's a difference between saying to oneself that this is a good thing to do and seeing someone else do it and saying if she could do it so could I.

I expect it takes different people different ways to motivate themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom