The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 02:49 AM
Aristocracy

They will always be family, as nothing can change the blood flowing in the girls vains. I think its very sad to say otherwise.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Let's stop with the personal remarks about other members please.

BTW we don't know whether Sarah and Andrew refer to themselves as a family or not. They may not care.

ysbel
British forums moderator

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Courtier

Sarah at least still considers them a family. She finishes her Weight Watches seminars in the US with a picture of the 4 of them as a backdrop and calls it a 'picture of family unity'.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
I agree, I am not sure why but it seems they have grown comfortable being unattached. Which of course if that works more power to them!
I'm with you Lord Rankin! All these people who sit in judgement of others and preach the rights and wrongs of other people's lives... oh dear, it makes me all so weary...

They have found a lifestyle that works for them and as long as they are happy with it, then all power to them!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by servingsophie
I'm with you Lord Rankin! All these people who sit in judgement of others and preach the rights and wrongs of other people's lives... oh dear, it makes me all so weary...

They have found a lifestyle that works for them and as long as they are happy with it, then all power to them!
I'm with you guys on this one. The York family seem to do the 'divorced/split' family far better than a lot of 'Marriages'. That they all love each other is evident by the way they treat each other. Andrew and Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie with each and both parents.
Could be a model to live for. They certainly do!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

SARAH FERGUSON IN RESTROOM RUSE

Despite her royal links, the Duchess of York obviously isn't afraid to try her hand at some of life's more humble professions. Sarah has revealed that she and her friend Sharon Osbourne recently stunned diners at an upmarket eaterie in the British capital by posing as lavatory attendants.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
"After a few drinks we thought it would be quite fun to go down to the ladies and pretend to be loo attendants. It was very naughty
How adult, what a shining example to her daughters and she wants to be seen as part of the royal family.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Of course you are! People who live in glass houses, really shouldn't throw stones. Rose coloured glasses have to be removed sooner or later!
Sarah will continue to keep her claws in Andrew and will continue to use the girls to promote 'her family', for the very simple reason that if Andrew marries someone else, she is history!
So skydragon, what whips and chains do you think Sarah is using to keep Andrew in line and in her possession? Whatever she's using she must be pretty good, because I don't see any marks on him.

You know, something tells me that if he's dating a woman like Angie Everheart, Sarah doesn't have that good a hold of him and from what I've heard of Angie, being with her for a long time would kill any man's disillusions about women pretty quickly.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
So skydragon, what whips and chains do you think Sarah is using to keep Andrew in line and in her possession? Whatever she's using she must be pretty good, because I don't see any marks on him.
Oh ysbel, you must know the old ploys used by some ex wives, I have watched enough ex's of both sexes using them. The 'oh, Beatrice was so looking forward to doing ??? as a family', 'I know you promised ??? you would be with her in Paris for the weekend but, Emily had arranged for us all to ????, as a family', 'I was hoping that at this time of year we could pretend to be a normal family for the sake of the girls', 'It's so hurtful for the girls, couldn't we do this for their sakes'.

The ex wives and husbands who have told me how they have manipulated their ex's into doing 'family' things and the new wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends who know they or their partner have been manipulated, but because of the 'children, have had to go along.

Myself, I am happily married and have been for some time.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh ysbel, you must know the old ploys used by some ex wives, I have watched enough ex's of both sexes using them. The 'oh, Beatrice was so looking forward to doing ??? as a family', 'I know you promised ??? you would be with her in Paris for the weekend but, Emily had arranged for us all to ????, as a family', 'I was hoping that at this time of year we could pretend to be a normal family for the sake of the girls', 'It's so hurtful for the girls, couldn't we do this for their sakes'.
The ex wives and husbands who have told me how to they have manipulated their ex's into doing 'family' things and the new wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends who know they or their partner has been manipulated, but because of the 'children, have had to go along.
I have to second Skydragon, these tricks are used over and over again with a lot of ex-family. All for the sake of the kids, of course.... But it's not clear if Sarah uses them herself. I guess we'll see how the relationship of Sarah, her daughters and Andrew will continue once the girls are getting older and start to build up their own life away from their parents. Zara Philips could be a good role-model there - while she lives on her mother's estate and works together with her father and his new wife, she seems to be independant enough. If sarah manipulates the rest of the family, that will stop as soon as her daughters realize what their mother's doing. And I guess they will be told by their relatives if that's the case, so it won't go unnoticed by them.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
SARAH FERGUSON IN RESTROOM RUSE

Despite her royal links, the Duchess of York obviously isn't afraid to try her hand at some of life's more humble professions. Sarah has revealed that she and her friend Sharon Osbourne recently stunned diners at an upmarket eaterie in the British capital by posing as lavatory attendants.
What an embarrassing story. How old is Sarah now?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

I agree, Jo. I know Sarah likes a good time but really . . . It probably made the poor women using the restroom terribly uncomfortable too. Can you imagine . . .
Old 12-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Sarah has not demonstrated good judgement in her life and appears not yet to have acquired that skill at the age of 47.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:

The ex wives and husbands who have told me how they have manipulated their ex's into doing 'family' things and the new wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends who know they or their partner have been manipulated, but because of the 'children, have had to go along.

Oh, I totally agree with you skydragon. I've seen enough of it in my friend's marriages.

Even though we can't know what goes on between Andrew and Sarah when no one else is around, let's say for argument's sake, Sarah is manipulating him. If Sarah did it once, then yes, I'd agree, she's totally to blame but if Sarah manipulates Andrew time and time again over a period of 20 years, then as much as I like Andrew, I think he's a willing partner in the drama and I can't spare that much sympathy for him.

Sorry Andrew, you're still a hunk but facts are fact.

I've also noticed in manipulative situations that its not just one of the parties that does the manipulation, both of the parties are getting something out of the situation.

Andrew seems perfectly happy and content the way things are and if you look at it from his side, it may not be a bad situation. He has a history of being attracted towards women who are not exactly suited for royal life (Koo Stark, Sarah, Angie Everheart) and he doesn't seem interested at all in finding someone that is suitable.

My guess is that Sarah provides Andrew with the family life and Angie provides Andrew with the fun and the sex appeal that makes him feel 20 again. He's got the best of both worlds and the combination of the two of them together has the advantage (from his standpoint) of scaring away any marriage-minded 'suitable' woman who would normally flock to a single eligible royal like flies to honey.

I think they're both getting something out of it.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Oh, I totally agree with you skydragon. I've seen enough of it in my friend's marriages.

Even though we can't know what goes on between Andrew and Sarah when no one else is around, let's say for argument's sake, Sarah is manipulating him. If Sarah did it once, then yes, I'd agree, she's totally to blame but if Sarah manipulates Andrew time and time again over a period of 20 years, then as much as I like Andrew, I think he's a willing partner in the drama and I can't spare that much sympathy for him.
I've also noticed in manipulative situations that its not just one of the parties that does the manipulation, both of the parties are getting something out of the situation.

I think they're both getting something out of it.
You are probably right! It is just a wish that he would one day meet a nice girl, can we put your name forward?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
You are probably right! It is just a wish that he would one day meet a nice girl, can we put your name forward?
Ah skydragon, you made my day. Oh God, in my dreams! Yum, yum!
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-22-2006, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Pics 21.12.2006

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York arrives with daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie at the Aldwych Theatre to see 'Dirty Dancing' on December 21, 2006 in London, England. (Photos by Tim Graham/Getty Images)

I post these pics here, as it's the complete set of pics and as the links that were posted in Beatrice's and Eugenie's threads may disappear as soon as there will be new pics of them..

picture gallery at getty
Sarah with her special handbag Three beauties
Old 12-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for the photos, ice.
eugenie is a beuty but she never smille, is very 'resius' is rare in a girl of her age, her sister are smilling all the time
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Administrator

You are most welcome, corazon. I found some more pics of them after the play and among these there are some where you can see her smiling, take a look especially at pic 3, corazon
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3
Old 12-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful pictures, Iceflower!

Duchess consoles friend

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has cancelled her Christmas plans to console a friend who is grieving for the tragic loss of her son.
The duchess rushed to the side of her long-time pal Clare Milford Haven after learning that her 21-year-old-son James had been shot dead last Friday (15.12.06).

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york