Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 7: December 2006-February 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm personally glad that those stockings are not in vogue here in Calif.
The are heinous/hideous. Nice legs or not. In vogue or not.
They remind me of a Circus Clown.:lol:

Oh! By the way, did anyone else read the article that Sarah rec'd an award, here in the states, for "Mother of the Year"?:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an article that mentions it, Sesa.

MOTHERLY FERGIE STANDS UP FOR BB'S JO O'MEARA

The Duchess of York, who has just been named Mother of the Year in the US, was putting her protective parental instincts into practice this week - not with her two daughters, but Celebrity Big Brother contestant Jo O'Meara. The 47-year-old royal has pleaded for an end to the treatment being meted out to the former S Club singer after seeing her break down in an interview on GMTV.
"I didn't watch (Big Brother) and I don't condone anything that was said or done," said Fergie. "But I know what it's like to be vilified. I've made mistakes." Apparently Fergie was so moved by what she saw on the breakfast TV show she felt she had to intervene and call up. "I saw this girl who was broken,"
she said. "All I'm saying is, it's time to remove her from the stocks. Now it should stop."

sesa said:
Well, I'm personally glad that those stockings are not in vogue here in Calif.
The are heinous/hideous. Nice legs or not. In vogue or not.
They remind me of a Circus Clown.:lol:
:lol:
They are not in vogue in London either! Especially not for woman who are almost 50!

Sarah rec'd an award, here in the states, for "Mother of the Year"?:lol:
I checked to see it wasn't April 1st, when I read this. Are we talking about two different people, this is the one that not only encourages her daughters to go to inappropriate parties, to mix with inappropriate drug taking people, but goes with them? :ermm:
What an insult fot all the real mothers in the states!

:ohmy: Those stockings are just dreadful.

I just can't believe it...any of it! Sarah receiving a "Mother Of The Year Award", her choice in tights, her comments, her unmade up face, her silly ringlets...everything!

This woman just gets more outrageous as time goes by...:wacko:

Avareenah said:
I just can't believe it...any of it! Sarah receiving a "Mother Of The Year Award", her choice in tights, her comments, her unmade up face, her silly ringlets...everything!

This woman just gets more outrageous as time goes by...:wacko:

And to read in an article published by "The Royalist" that her daughter Beatrice wants to be a "Mini-Mummy" one day.... It boggles my mind! :lol:

Hmm, before we get carried away, we may better check how factual the story about Mother of the Year is. There was mention that the American Cancer Society gave her the award and they do have a Mother of the Year award but the Society's website doesn't mention Sarah getting the award at all which I find very strange. Sarah did some publicity with them in 2003 but that was it.

Jo of Palatine said:
And to read in an article published by "The Royalist" that her daughter Beatrice wants to be a "Mini-Mummy" one day.... It boggles my mind! :lol:

I think the Mini-Mummy story could stand a closer looking at too. This quote comes from one of the ubiquitous 'unidentified' sources from which the Daily Mail seems to get so much of their information. If their unidentified sources on Sarah are as unreliable as their unidentified sources for Charles and Camilla then I wouldn't place too much faith in it.

From the context of what I have read, Beatrice's statement was made because she admires her mother's work with charity and wants to follow her footsteps in that regard. But then again, even that laudable interpretation is based on the same 'unidentified source' and may be just as wrong as the statement attributed to Beatrice about 'mini-mummy'

ysbel said:
I think the Mini-Mummy story could stand a closer looking at too. This quote comes from one of the ubiquitous 'unidentified' sources from which the Daily Mail seems to get so much of their information. If their unidentified sources on Sarah are as unreliable as their unidentified sources for Charles and Camilla then I wouldn't place too much faith in it.
I did not realise it was The Mail and their unnamed, unidentified source/close friend/royal servant source! In that case it is probably all lies!:ROFLMAO:

The mini-mummy statement was in fact made by beatrice on video and can be seen on You Tube. Beatrice had done an engament with her mom, and the video was released for her 18th birthday.

CATS said:
The mini-mummy statement was in fact made by beatrice on video and can be seen on You Tube.
Oh dear, she is aspirationally challenged then! :sick: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time to move, therefore time to close part 6.

The Sarah, Duchess of York current event thread part 7 can be found here

°°°

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom