Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 6: September-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha! Princess BellyFlop and Skydragon your comments are hilarious. Hopefully, she's moved on from baring her intimate apparel.

Bella said:
I don't get a good feeling about this. I hope she doesn't go overboard and make herself look ridiculous.

Why must she?? This strikes me as one of those goofy things she does. Didn't she learn anything from Diana? (I still get nauseous every time I see Martin Bashir.)

Well iowabelle, she has to do it to save her dying career. Whenever things get a little bit quiet, Fergie gives an interview and says something controversial and then she's there on the front pages. Very sad.

I think her career's doing pretty well over here, BeatrixFan. But if she really wants attention, all she needs to do is get on Dancing with the Stars. It may lack a little dignity but it's fairly harmless. Talking with Dr. Phil or whoever could go some pretty unpleasant places!

iowabelle said:
Talking with Dr. Phil or whoever could go some pretty unpleasant places!
I believe it's Pamela Stephenson, the wife of Billy Connolly. She is known in Australia, New Zealand and Britain for her early television and comedy work; was a friend of the Yorks from before they married; became a doctor of clinical psychology in the US; and wrote "Billy", about her husband. She's nobody's fool.

Warren said:
She's nobody's fool.

I hope you are talking about Pamela! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pics 1.12.2006

Sarah at the 4th Annual New York AIDS Film Festival: The Red Ball held at the New York Public Library in Bryant Park New Yorck City, USA - 01.12.06 - wenn:

Sarah 1 Sarah 2

i'm always completely skeptical about these soul baring interviews. the media does their thing and gets the public all wound up by telling them their going hear "never before revealed" information and then when the interview's aired we're all saying there was nothing we hadn't heard before.

Another dangerously plunging and revealing neckline for Princess Beatrice. She's definitively Sarah's girl .

O.k...well, Bea is Sarah's daughter, but I never thought Sarah was the cleavage revealing type, more the leg bareing, no? Point is, that girl needs to cover those things up a little more. Sara looks very nice.

Great photos, Iceflower! Wow, the girls are really growing up! Pss Eugenie looks quite exotic in that first picture. I still don't see a resemblence with her and either of her parents. Pss Beatrice's dress is a bit daring. I think it's become her trademark.

Magnik, this picture of Sarah is very nice. Very flattering! Thank you.

Princess BellyFlop said:
Another dangerously plunging and revealing neckline for Princess Beatrice. She's definitively Sarah's girl .

Or Andy's girl. While the style that she is wearing is the norm and I agree that is might not be appropriate for a Princess of Great Britain..the fact is she is 18 and her father has just as much influence as the mother.And considering how Beatrice is supposed to adore her Grandma England....I am sure if the Queen had an issue with her style of dress....it would have been addressed. I just love it how when the girls do something "wrong" they are Sarah's kids and when they do something great (like excel) in school..they are an asset to the House of Windsor. As if they popped up and raised themselves.

Last edited:
However, Sarah likes to say that it is her who gives them the freedom to express themselves with their clothes- that when they are with Andrew, they dress like royal princessess and it is with her that they get to dress in "style". Since she took a lot of "credit" for their ability to dress out of the formality of royal style when they were younger and into their early teens (possibly later) it is fitting that she should take the credit if they choose to dress un-royaly now. She choose to say that getting the young teenagers into "fun" clothes was her.

This is the same dress she wore to Elton John's White Tie event a few months ago, only this time she has covered up the part that I consider hugely inappropriate for anyone. It just goes way to far, the dress literally almost does not cover her. When she is wearing it around the grandmother mentioned by Zonk, she has covered herself up. It is after she is out with her mother again that, while keeping the shawl, she lowers it.

Bella said:
I still don't see a resemblence with her and either of her parents.

She reminds me a lot of Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon at the same age. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of her smiling, showing her teeth, to see if the resemblance continues then.

Whats with the long evening dresses, they are only going to a restaurant, even Sarah's not wearing one.

RachelD said:
O.k...well, Bea is Sarah's daughter, but I never thought Sarah was the cleavage revealing type, more the leg bareing, no? Point is, that girl needs to cover those things up a little more. Sara looks very nice.

You are right when mentionnning that Sarah is not the cleavage revealing type and more a leg bareing one. In my book, both are too-much-royal-skin-showing mother and daughter!

Beatrice and Eugenie went straight from the Queen's belated birthday party at the Ritz to dinner with Sarah.

Evening dress is appropriate for that type of resturant.

Avalon said:
FERGUSON SIGNS UP TO DANCING WITH THE STARS
Sarah Ferguson To "Dance With The Stars" in the UK

Sarah Ferguson is set to be a contestant on a TV celebrity dance show.
The Duchess of York has been invited by 'Dancing With The Stars' bosses to appear on the show - which sees celebrities and professional ballroom dancers in a knock-out competition - after she revealed she was a huge fan of the program.

Apparently "Fergie will add a touch of class to the proceedings". :ROFLMAO:

FERGIE WOOED BY CELEBRITY DANCE SHOW IN THE U.S.

The Duchess of York could soon be showing off her salsa and samba in front of an audience of millions after being asked to appear on American talent show Dancing With The Stars. If she takes up the challenge the mum-of-two may end up competing against former Wimbledon tennis ace Chris Evert, who is also believed to be in talks with the hit programme.

I know Sarah is no longer a member of the BRF and she's done considerably well for herself in terms of clearing her debt and holding a "job" as the spokesperson for various well-known companies, and I know her daughters are growing up and she's entitled to live her own life, yada yada BUT . . . something about the idea of her "dancing with the stars" just seems very tacky and (dare I say it?) beneath her status (or former status but she's still maintaining something as the mother of two of HM's grandchildren). I dunno . . . I hope she doesn't do it. Being a judge wouldn't be that bad.

Avalon said:
The Duchess of York could soon be showing off her salsa and samba in front of an audience of millions after being asked to appear on American talent show Dancing With The Stars. If she takes up the challenge the mum-of-two may end up competing against former Wimbledon tennis ace Chris Evert, who is also believed to be in talks with the hit programme.

Good grief, she hits a new low, if she accepts. It is the sort of tacky thing she would consider! :ohmy: :ermm:

This reminds me of that medieval type game show that Edward hosted back in the 80s was it? Sarah, Princess Anne, and other royals were in it. It was pretty bad.

This-I don't know-it seems so tacky but its seems the trend on TV-the tackier the better.

ysbel said:
This reminds me of that medieval type game show that Edward hosted back in the 80s was it? Sarah, Princess Anne, and other royals were in it. It was pretty bad..
It was called "A Royal Knockout".

Yes, it was called The Royal Knockout...four teams headed by Sarah, Anne, Andrew and Edward.

And it was a total disaster. Well - actually it wasn't. Prince Edward got a strop on when the media mocked him in a press conference. At the time, it was seen as bad for the Royal Family but in hindsight, it showed the press in a bad light and the Royals in a very good light. The Royals had shown they were willing to look foolish for charity and Edward had attacked the media for trying to doom the project that was all about raising money for a good cause. In the end - the Royals came out on top.

I just saw the interview with Edward afterwards and Princess Anne and Sarah riding around on broomsticks(?). It didn't show Edward in the best of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom