The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson Visits Detroit

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/1...s=det&psp=news

Old 11-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Courtier

theyhad a quick blurb on ABC news this morning about how Sarah has said that she would like to dance on the "Dancing with the Stars" show that just ended the other day here in the states.
She has said that she has always been interested in dancing and would love to learn the Tango. they did not show her saying this, they just showed her in a very ugly top with a huge bow tied off to the side, around her neck. The news guy just reported on her.
If she does show up on this show, I now know she has lost any and all dignity that she had left.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sesa, I also read something about that, but I hope she only said so, but never really will take part in a show like this. I know she loves dancing and there have been many pics in the past showing her doing so, but as I know these shows from here in Germany, I really hope she won't do it..

Click here for an article from CNN about it.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks to all for our respones.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson To Reveal All In Exclusive TV Interview

Sarah Ferguson is getting ready for a private interview where she is said to reveal many intimate details about her life. The Duchess of York is set to bare her soul to a psychologist in a new television series.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon

Sarah Ferguson is getting ready for a private interview where she is said to reveal many intimate details about her life. The Duchess of York is set to bare her soul to a psychologist in a new television series.
I don't get a good feeling about this. I hope she doesn't go overboard and make herself look ridiculous.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I hope this isn't true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. The word stupid comes to mind. What possible benefit could something like this have, especially for her children and ex-husband.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we should wait and see. She's always been very careful with interviews before, and I can't imagine her saying anything inappropriate now.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I think we should wait and see. She's always been very careful with interviews before, and I can't imagine her saying anything inappropriate now.
I guess my point was: why do it at all. Is she just publicity hungry?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
Fair point.

Unless she's to receive a large sum and is going to give the money to charity, she would be wiser to keep quiet.

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.....etc!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
She is getting older and is probably not asked to do as many 'glam' events. IMO, she is doing this to try to return to the celebrity status she had years ago, when she moved to the US. She seems to be hooked on getting publicity for herself, without taking her daughters feelings into consideration.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Courtier

i dont think sarah will reveal too much..i think shes just trying to atract an audience if you get what i mean. I certainly hope she doesnt reveal too much because it will give the royals something else to complain about her.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:

It's probably been covered before. And, if not, she's not a woman one could admire in the position she is in, in regards to her relationship to the BRF, specifically regarding her two young daughters.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Nobility

I think it's sad that people are so vindictive and make judgements about the Duchess before she has even participated in the interview.
I think some of the comments about her contributions to her charities could even be libelous...
I have enormous faith in the Duchess and I am proud of her amazing contributions to her charities as I am sure most charities are grateful for her valuable contributions.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Courtier

By the way, was her PR contract with Weight Watchers renewed or not? That might explain a few things.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by servingsophie
I think it's sad that people are so vindictive and make judgements about the Duchess before she has even participated in the interview.
I think some of the comments about her contributions to her charities could even be libelous...
If Sarah wants to make a fool of herself, again, by baring her soul on channel 4, why would her daughters want to stop her, after all, they are used to being embarrassed by her.

Try as I might, I have been unable to find any comments that are vindictive or libelous regarding her use of the label 'charity' to sell herself or her little knick knacks.

This was a fair comment
"Also note that we don't even know what that portion of her profit is - it could be 0.001 percent of her profit and technically she would be right."
Most companies have, by law in the UK, to tell you what percentage, if any, of their profit is going to charity, not to do so, is not only a good marketing ploy but, is also seen as very deceitful!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I agree with that, Roslyn, let us just wait and see...

Here are some older but nice pics that have not been posted before, they were taken two months ago at the end of September. It has been the Weight Watchers Inspiring Stories Luncheon in New York City - isopix:

Pic1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5
Old 11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by servingsophie
I have enormous faith in the Duchess and I am proud of her amazing contributions to her charities as I am sure most charities are grateful for her valuable contributions.
While I agree that people should wait to see the content of the interview without rushing to judgement, I don't see any evidence of libellous comments where her charities are concerned. However, please feel free to contact me by private message to discuss it.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Courtier

i just saw an interview of sarah i was wondering if it was the one you were talking about. she reveals quite a lot but i didnt think she was too intimate
Old 11-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Nobility

Here she goes again! How many times can you give a "Tell all" interview and still come off with some self respect. I remember a show years ago where they followed her around for a day and even opened her drawers. How embarassing for her to have to be doing this again!

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york