Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 5: June-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avalon said:
I am not sure I believe this information. It was posted in theRoyalist, and I believe it's not the most reliable source.

joanne write the article based in the article of richard kay in the daily mail.

corazon said:
joanne write the article based in the article of richard kay in the daily mail.

Yes, I know but Daily Mail isn't my idea of credible as well, to tell the truth.
I am not saying it didn't happen, I am just very doubtful.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Yes, I know but Daily Mail isn't my idea of credible as well, to tell the truth.
I am not saying it didn't happen, I am just very doubtful.

ok, I respect your opinion, i just I saying this not is the first time that palace do somenthing like this with sarah

corazon said:
ok, I respect your opinion, i just I saying this not is the first time that palace do somenthing like this with sarah

I most certainly respect your opinion as well! :flowers:

But to tell the truth, I don't remember the Palace doing anything of the kind to Sarah. And I don't see what the Palace has to do with this at all: it was a banquet at the United States, organized by the US Governemnt (?).
I don't think the Palace would have to be blamed for, even if it were true.:ohmy:

in the note said that was organized for 'grey men' , they work for the firm, is a hard point.
sarah is a royal ex-wife and she was in a official act with her ex (like the garter ceremony) and I think is a hard situation for everyone.
she don't is a royal she was there invited for andrew, is hard, very hard.

Well she is no longer a royal, she is no longer married to Andrew. In fact she was married to him for a short period of time a long time ago. She cannot have her cake (hang out with Andrew as if she was still his royal wife) and eat it all (do no royal representations and be a PR girl for whoever pays her). Sarah got a call from earth, plain and simple.

I agree with those who said that Sarah is more the "star" here in the US than Andrew or any other royal. She's quite popular here and well respected. Someone who's made her mistakes, paid her dues and redeemed herself financially as well as socially. Andrew, in many eyes, is just a parasitic royal trying to get some good spin from a horrible situation. At least Sarah was IN NYC on 9/11. Sarah most certainly have been seated at the better table. She should have given the speech as well, spending more time in NYC than Andrew and having more of a connection to the city. Shame on those who "organized" this mishap. It really only makes Andrew look like the cad many believe he is.

I agree also. Royal or not, a guest is seated with the person that invited them unless they are on a dais. Andrew's time is well scripted. The idea of his "handlers" not knowing that Sarah was to accompany him and to plan accordingly is ridiculous. Either the organizers of the charity blew it, or Andrew's staff did. I don't care if he was married to her for a century, a decade or a week. He invited her as his guest, and she should be treated accordingly by anyone with a hint of manners. The duration of their marriage, or her previous indiscretions do not play into how she should be treated in polite society.

I believe this story and why did not Andrew take up for, they would have to do anything he asked for.
This is what she faced when she was married to him.

That is so disrepectful to Sarah. She may not be his wife but she is the mother of his 2 children. Those people would had never done that to Diana. Sarah is a kind and generous person she doesent need to be treated that way.

Anyone ever wonder what it would be like if these two re-married?!?
I think they could make it work...I mean, neither one ever re-married and they do have a sort of relationship, even if it's really there because they have two daughters together...they are friends and this time it might work out. Who knows? Did Andrew ever have any girlfriends after Sarah? Sarah has had "freinds" but nothing official...right?

Andrew has had a lot of not very serious girlfriends, I believe.

If Sarah and Andrew have a relationship together, it is clearly an "open" one, as both have had friends over the past few years.

I don't believe they'll ever remarry. To do so, would put Sarah under a huge spotlight again which, frankly, I don't think she could cope with. She would have to live her life again as a member of the Royal Family. Both appear happy with what they have now - I can't see either wanting to remarry.

Weight Watchers spokesperson Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson attends luncheon in Washington, September 18, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

r747953512df4.jpg
r2664828409zp1.jpg

I have read rumours where Sarah supposedly has had plastic surgery. I see no evidence of it in this photo. I don't mean this as a negative statement, just that she looks like a normal, almost 47 year old woman to me. :ermm:

Thanks for the pics, fanletizia. So the summer break is over and she's working for weight watchers again, I would be more interested in how much time she spends each year for that work and what she does there, than the question if she had plastic surgery or not ;) :)

As the rumour is that she's had some work done, what's the harm in asking if anyone knows any further details on it?

After all, her "work" with Weight Watchers is hardly charity, is it? -- she does get paid for it, I would imagine...

Hello everybody,

I don't want to dampen the discussion but we're getting awfully far away from discussing Sarah's current events.

If you want to discuss your opinions of Sarah, may I suggest you post your opinions in an excellent thread started by Zonk entitled:

What is your opinion of Sarah, duchess of York

That way the members who want to follow Sarah's current events will find it easier to do in this thread.

Thanks for understanding.

ysbel
British Forums moderator

kimebear said:
Well of course she gets paid for it. It is a job after all. You get paid for working, don't you? Should she expect to do it for free? ........ she carries out more public engagements per year for WW than the members of the Royal Family do for the Queen). More and more British citizens are becoming overweight. IMO Sarah is bringing public recognition to an issue that is usually treated like a dirty and shameful disease. Kudos to her and to Beatrice (with her dyslexia) for not being ashamed to talk about their struggles and giving support to those that share them.

Sarah's work with Weight Watchers cannot be considered as charity work so it is absolutely not in the same class as Beatrice's work about dyslexia or even Diana's work with aids or anorexia. Mainly because Beatrice and Diana are/were bringing attention to social health problems without being paid for it, they were doing it to bring public awareness to a social cause. Sarah is well paid not really to bring awareness to the obesity problem but to bring awareness to Weight Watchers' fabulous diet program that will solve your obesity problem for an amount of x$ per week and if you follow their diet. She works for an organization that is looking for profit, an organization who uses her because as a spokeperson simply because they get from it a good return on their investment. Plain and simple and capitalistic, not altruisitic.

I've pulled all the posts of the discussion of our opinions of Sarah over to the What is Your Opinion of Sarah thread for member who want to follow the rest of the discussion there.

For the rest of the members, let's keep this thread to Sarah's Current Events.

Thanks.

ysbel
British forums moderatora

Sarah was on the "Today Show" in New York this morning with several ladies who lost weight through the Weight Watcher program.

thanks for all the pictures!

Iceflower,
your picture collection astounds me! Thanks for all the great shots you post.

skhaynie said:
Iceflower,
your picture collection astounds me! Thanks for all the great shots you post.
I agree, Iceflower. I really enjoy all the pictures you post. Always something to look forward to on this forum.

There was a brief interview with the Duchess of York yesterday on "A Current Affair" with Ray Martin (An Australian current affair show) but I missed it, did any of the Aussie posters watch it? If so, what was it about? Thank you :)

Sarah, The Duchess Of York was in a interview on Cnn's Headline news on Showbiz Tonight (An American entertainment news show) talking about beening the spokesperson of weight watches and how that Spain ban thin models from their runways for a short time showing that curvy woman can be beautiful too.

Thanks for your very kind words, skhaynie and Bella :flowers: As I already said some time ago I would not have that much fun in posting if I did not get that nice comments and discussions back :)

Next Star, thank you for telling us what Sarah talked about in that interview, I only fear that this ban she has talked about won't have any real consequences, models will always stay that thin..

I second that vote of thanks, Star84. It doesn't take long to load, even with slow old dial-up.

I do admire Sarah standing by her Weight Watchers beliefs. And I think her comments on waif thin models is a good thing, despite that, I agree with Iceflower in that models will probably always remain incredibly thin. Some people are just born that way - very very thin. It's natural and healthy for them. But for those that are not that way, it's reassuring to hear someone like Sarah, who has publically had her own weight issues, say it's okay to be curvy and not rail-thin too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom