Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 5: June-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first picture Beatrice looks just like Queen Victoria. In the second picture, Sarah actually looks human and rather natural so I apologise to Ma'am and feel like a total traitor but well done Sarah.

Hi!

Well, I can't find the article on-line, but in the magazine 'Vanidades' it has an article on Sarah. It mentions how the Queen and her husband have not spoken to her in 10 years. But that recently, at the insistance of Beatrice, Sarah was invited to join the royal family for a ceremony where Prince Andrew and Prince Edward were given some medal (or recognition). I can't remember the name of it... It also mentioned how even though the Queen had given in to Beatrice on that small favor, she did not attend the 18th birthday party given for Beatrice. It also went on to mention that not only did the Queen and her husband not attend (reason was that she had some other event) but Prince Charles and Camilla, William and Harry, Prince Edward and Sophie did not attend. It mentioned that William and Harry opted to spend the day playing polo with friends. I'LL FIND THE ARTICLE AND THEN TRANSLATE IT FOR YOU WORD FOR WORD. Ok?
Anyone else read this magazine?

RachelD said:
Hi!

Well, I can't find the article on-line, but in the magazine 'Vanidades' it has an article on Sarah. It mentions how the Queen and her husband have not spoken to her in 10 years. But that recently, at the insistance of Beatrice, Sarah was invited to join the royal family for a ceremony where Prince Andrew and Prince Edward were given some medal (or recognition). I can't remember the name of it... It also mentioned how even though the Queen had given in to Beatrice on that small favor, she did not attend the 18th birthday party given for Beatrice. It also went on to mention that not only did the Queen and her husband not attend (reason was that she had some other event) but Prince Charles and Camilla, William and Harry, Prince Edward and Sophie did not attend. It mentioned that William and Harry opted to spend the day playing polo with friends. I'LL FIND THE ARTICLE AND THEN TRANSLATE IT FOR YOU WORD FOR WORD. Ok?

I haven't read that particular article but the issue was widely discussed here. The medal you are speaking of was the Order of Garter and Sarah was indeed invited to that one.
It is true that the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, William and Harry didn't attend Princess Beatrice's birthday party but you must remember it was only a birthday party, not the actuall birthday. And William and Harry played on charity polo match that day. I am sure they (as well as the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla) congratulated Bea's birthday. But I don't think they were supposed to be on her party. And Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla would look really out of place, if they did. It was some sort of a teenager party.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
The medal you are speaking of was the Order of Garted and Sarah was indeed invited to that one.

I think you made a type, Avalon; it's Garter. :)

Also, Bea's party was at night. Playing polo they might have been all day, but as far as I know none of the playing overlapped with the party. That does not mean, though, that I think it is a problem they weren't there.

Last edited by a moderator:
HighGoalHighDreams said:
I think you made a type, Avalon; it's Garter. :)

And so I did! Thanks for correcting me, I have already editted it in my original post. :)

I finally found a bigger version of one of the latest pics of Sarah and her girls - hope you like it :flowers:

2sbn2u8.jpg

(lecturas)

Thanks Iceflower for the pictures. I think the last one of Sarah is quite flattering. She looks more natural (perhaps it was taken before she had her "work" done). I also like what she's wearing.

Sorry to change the subject, but last week, Fergie's sister, Jane Ferguson was on a morning television show here called "David & Kim". She lives in Australia and is starting some sort of school or academy teaching young girls manners. The host, David, was talking and Jane kept interrupting him, and it was becoming quite rude. So David ended up saying "And you're teaching manners?!" or something like that.

Just thought I would share that with you :) Other than that, Jane seems down to earth.

Last edited:
I see Beatrice is back to flashing the royal cleavage again.

angela said:
I see Beatrice is back to flashing the royal cleavage again.

It may not be the most proper thing for her to do, but she is old enough to dress as she pleases. In my opinion, she has been able to pull off the cleavage, so I guess we just have to deal with it until she decides to go for a new look.

ladejesus said:
It may not be the most proper thing for her to do, but she is old enough to dress as she pleases.
I totally agree with you ladejesus. I think it's time to stop critizing Sarah for Beatrice's dresses, again and again we can read that at the forums, but it's definetly Beatrice's choice what she's wearing. Fashion changes and so we'll surely see a different Beatrice in some years ;)

I am most proud to assure everyone that something like that dress is NOT in style at the big polo matches this year. :wacko:

I mean it as a light-hearted comment, but coming from a frequent spectator and an even more frequent player, it is very true.

Avalon said:
I haven't read that particular article but the issue was widely discussed here. The medal you are speaking of was the Order of Garter and Sarah was indeed invited to that one.
It is true that the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, William and Harry didn't attend Princess Beatrice's birthday party but you must remember it was only a birthday party, not the actuall birthday. And William and Harry played on charity polo match that day. I am sure they (as well as the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla) congratulated Bea's birthday. But I don't think they were supposed to be on her party. And Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla would look really out of place, if they did. It was some sort of a teenager party.

Well Avalon, by mentioning this article I was not intending to throw dirt on Queen Elizabeth or any other royal family member that did not attend. I was merely observing that Sarah was (and in future might be) allowed to partake of more royal family events since she was invited to this one in particular...Also, I was not aware that this event had already been commented on since I do not follow this thread closely. I will in future assure myself of the current postings before adding any 'new' (to me at least) comments.

Thank you.

RachelD said:
Well Avalon, by mentioning this article I was not intending to throw dirt on Queen Elizabeth or any other royal family member that did not attend. I was merely observing that Sarah was (and in future might be) allowed to partake of more royal family events since she was invited to this one in particular...Also, I was not aware that this event had already been commented on since I do not follow this thread closely. I will in future assure myself of the current postings before adding any 'new' (to me at least) comments.

Thank you.

I didn't think you did. :flowers: I was trying to be helpful.
I also hope that Sarah will be inviting to some sort of future Family outings, especially those involving Beatrice and Eugenie.

I think Sarah has done an excellent job both with redeeming herself, her now very stable relationship with Prince Andrew, and the commendable way they both have raised their daughters.

She is a modern, working woman and mother who has repaid her debts and should now be given a break.

Princess Beatrice is 18 and can dress how she pleases. Zara has.

One more thing...just because those outfits may not be in style her at polo matches in the U.S., does not mean they are not in style in Great Britain. We are usually a year behind European fashions on a whole. ;-). I think she dresses very appropriately for a young lady her age.

Sarah Ferguson will participate in conference, themed "Connect Today, seize Tomorrow." It aims to connect women and empower them to become architects of change in their lives and the lives of others, according to an event spokesperson. Organizers said they expect about 11,000 people to attend.
In addition to Sarah, list of speakers and panelists at the event includes Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shriver, Martha Stewart, Tyra Banks, Tim Russert, Maureen Dowd, Anna Quindlen, Suze Orman and Elle Macpherson.
http://www.gazettes.com/dalai09072006.html

Avalon said:
Sarah Ferguson will participate in conference, themed "Connect Today, seize Tomorrow." It aims to connect women and empower them to become architects of change in their lives and the lives of others, according to an event spokesperson. Organizers said they expect about 11,000 people to attend.
In addition to Sarah, list of speakers and panelists at the event includes Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shriver, Martha Stewart, Tyra Banks, Tim Russert, Maureen Dowd, Anna Quindlen, Suze Orman and Elle Macpherson.
http://www.gazettes.com/dalai09072006.html

Cool! We'll have to keep an eye open for pictures...!:cool:

"One more thing...just because those outfits may not be in style her at polo matches in the U.S., does not mean they are not in style in Great Britain. We are usually a year behind European fashions on a whole. ;-)."

To clarify, I was certainly not just refering to US matches. Polo clubs are extremely rarely clubs with memers only on state or national levels. I was refering to experiences and experiences of people I know all over the world. As both a polo player and model, I keep up with the international scene in both. :)

Just to clarify for anybody, I don't mean to mini-hijack the thread but am just trying to explain why I made the comment I did about the dress beingi n fashion.

Last edited:
I think Sarah was invited to Balmoral a year or two ago. It didn't work out but I hardly think that Sarah and the Queen haven't spoken in 10 years. I hardly think the Queen would invite Sarah to their summer vacation and then refuse to speak to her for a week.

RachelD said:
Hi!

Fergie makes a stop in Bluegrass

Sarah Ferguson, Fergie to her fans, made a whirlwind trip to Lexington yesterday as a guest of Tony Ryan, owner of Castleton Lyons Farm on Iron Works Pike. She had such a good time, she said she's coming back in November.

"Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York with Prince Andrew and guest at the British Memorial Garden marking the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks in Manhattan. The 5th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks, New York, America - 11 Sep 2006"

4d302rp.jpg
48cprsx.jpg
2v3pkkz.jpg

(picturedesk)

man and wife

i bet if andrew was not a royal he would ask sarah to marry him again and she would say yes :flowers:

they are a perfct couple! i hope let them are happy!

Anyone know who the "guest" is?

Rude behavior towards Sarah at dinner in New York

:mad: http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1218/1/

I can't believe that this truly happened this way! I would be mortified! No matter how I may feel about someone I think that this is inexcusable behavior! What do you all think? Do you believe it truly happened that way?

Thanks

Cordonez said:

I can't believe that this truly happened this way! I would be mortified! No matter how I may feel about someone I think that this is inexcusable behavior! What do you all think? Do you believe it truly happened that way?

Thanks

I agree with you!
''this'' people forget that sarah is andrew women and is the mother of 2 princesses!

Cordonez said:

Thanks

Did this truly happen?:ohmy:

How sad!:sad: I don't know what I would have done if I'd been in her shoes, probably leave :neutral: . I can't believe this....what a smack across the face! She's still a royal, why did they do this to her? Did Andrew try to get her seated at his table or did he just mention her in his speech?

I am not sure I believe this information. It was posted in theRoyalist, and I believe it's not the most reliable source.

Cordonez said:

Thanks

I read that, too but somehow it doesn't make sense to me. Normally if a guest of honour invites a lady to join him for a formal dinner he tells the hosts that he brings a companion and takes care beforehand that the lady is treated accordingly. So was it Andrew's fault? Somehow I don't see him taking her just along without alerting the hosts to that. But why did they (whoever they are? Does anyone knows who is responsible for that?) react in this way? They either knew that Sarah would come along and thus have a place for her or they didn't, then there should have been no place for her at all.

Maybe other sources will report as well and we'll get the whole story. As it is reported it is absolutely rude, unbelievable so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom