The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Anyone ever wonder what it would be like if these two re-married?!?
I think they could make it work...I mean, neither one ever re-married and they do have a sort of relationship, even if it's really there because they have two daughters together...they are friends and this time it might work out. Who knows? Did Andrew ever have any girlfriends after Sarah? Sarah has had "freinds" but nothing official...right?

Old 09-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Commoner

Andrew has had a lot of not very serious girlfriends, I believe.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

If Sarah and Andrew have a relationship together, it is clearly an "open" one, as both have had friends over the past few years.

I don't believe they'll ever remarry. To do so, would put Sarah under a huge spotlight again which, frankly, I don't think she could cope with. She would have to live her life again as a member of the Royal Family. Both appear happy with what they have now - I can't see either wanting to remarry.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Weight Watchers spokesperson Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson attends luncheon in Washington, September 18, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Aristocracy

I have read rumours where Sarah supposedly has had plastic surgery. I see no evidence of it in this photo. I don't mean this as a negative statement, just that she looks like a normal, almost 47 year old woman to me.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:18 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the pics, fanletizia. So the summer break is over and she's working for weight watchers again, I would be more interested in how much time she spends each year for that work and what she does there, than the question if she had plastic surgery or not
Old 09-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

As the rumour is that she's had some work done, what's the harm in asking if anyone knows any further details on it?

After all, her "work" with Weight Watchers is hardly charity, is it? -- she does get paid for it, I would imagine...
Old 09-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Hello everybody,

I don't want to dampen the discussion but we're getting awfully far away from discussing Sarah's current events.

If you want to discuss your opinions of Sarah, may I suggest you post your opinions in an excellent thread started by Zonk entitled:

What is your opinion of Sarah, duchess of York

That way the members who want to follow Sarah's current events will find it easier to do in this thread.

Thanks for understanding.

ysbel
British Forums moderator
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear
Well of course she gets paid for it. It is a job after all. You get paid for working, don't you? Should she expect to do it for free? ........ she carries out more public engagements per year for WW than the members of the Royal Family do for the Queen). More and more British citizens are becoming overweight. IMO Sarah is bringing public recognition to an issue that is usually treated like a dirty and shameful disease. Kudos to her and to Beatrice (with her dyslexia) for not being ashamed to talk about their struggles and giving support to those that share them.
Sarah's work with Weight Watchers cannot be considered as charity work so it is absolutely not in the same class as Beatrice's work about dyslexia or even Diana's work with aids or anorexia. Mainly because Beatrice and Diana are/were bringing attention to social health problems without being paid for it, they were doing it to bring public awareness to a social cause. Sarah is well paid not really to bring awareness to the obesity problem but to bring awareness to Weight Watchers' fabulous diet program that will solve your obesity problem for an amount of x$ per week and if you follow their diet. She works for an organization that is looking for profit, an organization who uses her because as a spokeperson simply because they get from it a good return on their investment. Plain and simple and capitalistic, not altruisitic.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I've pulled all the posts of the discussion of our opinions of Sarah over to the What is Your Opinion of Sarah thread for member who want to follow the rest of the discussion there.

For the rest of the members, let's keep this thread to Sarah's Current Events.

Thanks.

ysbel
British forums moderatora
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Royal Highness

Sarah was on the "Today Show" in New York this morning with several ladies who lost weight through the Weight Watcher program.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Gentry

thanks for all the pictures!

Iceflower,
your picture collection astounds me! Thanks for all the great shots you post.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhaynie
Iceflower,
your picture collection astounds me! Thanks for all the great shots you post.
I agree, Iceflower. I really enjoy all the pictures you post. Always something to look forward to on this forum.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

There was a brief interview with the Duchess of York yesterday on "A Current Affair" with Ray Martin (An Australian current affair show) but I missed it, did any of the Aussie posters watch it? If so, what was it about? Thank you :)
Old 09-23-2006, 03:05 AM
Courtier

Sarah, The Duchess Of York was in a interview on Cnn's Headline news on Showbiz Tonight (An American entertainment news show) talking about beening the spokesperson of weight watches and how that Spain ban thin models from their runways for a short time showing that curvy woman can be beautiful too.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Thanks for your very kind words, skhaynie and Bella As I already said some time ago I would not have that much fun in posting if I did not get that nice comments and discussions back

Next Star, thank you for telling us what Sarah talked about in that interview, I only fear that this ban she has talked about won't have any real consequences, models will always stay that thin..
Old 09-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Commoner

There is a video of the ACA interview here: http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/?_r=sc, you just have to wait for the main screen to flick over. She talks about Beatrice and Eugenie, the Queen and weight watchers.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for that Star84. Much appreciated.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I second that vote of thanks, Star84. It doesn't take long to load, even with slow old dial-up.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

I do admire Sarah standing by her Weight Watchers beliefs. And I think her comments on waif thin models is a good thing, despite that, I agree with Iceflower in that models will probably always remain incredibly thin. Some people are just born that way - very very thin. It's natural and healthy for them. But for those that are not that way, it's reassuring to hear someone like Sarah, who has publically had her own weight issues, say it's okay to be curvy and not rail-thin too.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york