The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Fergie makes a stop in Bluegrass

Sarah Ferguson, Fergie to her fans, made a whirlwind trip to Lexington yesterday as a guest of Tony Ryan, owner of Castleton Lyons Farm on Iron Works Pike. She had such a good time, she said she's coming back in November.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-17-2006, 03:56 AM
Administrator

"Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York with Prince Andrew and guest at the British Memorial Garden marking the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks in Manhattan. The 5th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks, New York, America - 11 Sep 2006"

(picturedesk)

Old 09-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

man and wife

i bet if andrew was not a royal he would ask sarah to marry him again and she would say yes
Old 09-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

they are a perfct couple! i hope let them are happy!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Anyone know who the "guest" is?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Gentry

Rude behavior towards Sarah at dinner in New York

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1218/1/

I can't believe that this truly happened this way! I would be mortified! No matter how I may feel about someone I think that this is inexcusable behavior! What do you all think? Do you believe it truly happened that way?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordonez

I can't believe that this truly happened this way! I would be mortified! No matter how I may feel about someone I think that this is inexcusable behavior! What do you all think? Do you believe it truly happened that way?

Thanks
I agree with you!
''this'' people forget that sarah is andrew women and is the mother of 2 princesses!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Thanks
Did this truly happen?

How sad! I don't know what I would have done if I'd been in her shoes, probably leave . I can't believe this....what a smack across the face! She's still a royal, why did they do this to her? Did Andrew try to get her seated at his table or did he just mention her in his speech?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not sure I believe this information. It was posted in theRoyalist, and I believe it's not the most reliable source.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Thanks
I read that, too but somehow it doesn't make sense to me. Normally if a guest of honour invites a lady to join him for a formal dinner he tells the hosts that he brings a companion and takes care beforehand that the lady is treated accordingly. So was it Andrew's fault? Somehow I don't see him taking her just along without alerting the hosts to that. But why did they (whoever they are? Does anyone knows who is responsible for that?) react in this way? They either knew that Sarah would come along and thus have a place for her or they didn't, then there should have been no place for her at all.

Maybe other sources will report as well and we'll get the whole story. As it is reported it is absolutely rude, unbelievable so!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I am not sure I believe this information. It was posted in theRoyalist, and I believe it's not the most reliable source.
joanne write the article based in the article of richard kay in the daily mail.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
joanne write the article based in the article of richard kay in the daily mail.
Yes, I know but Daily Mail isn't my idea of credible as well, to tell the truth.
I am not saying it didn't happen, I am just very doubtful.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Yes, I know but Daily Mail isn't my idea of credible as well, to tell the truth.
I am not saying it didn't happen, I am just very doubtful.
ok, I respect your opinion, i just I saying this not is the first time that palace do somenthing like this with sarah
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
ok, I respect your opinion, i just I saying this not is the first time that palace do somenthing like this with sarah
I most certainly respect your opinion as well!

But to tell the truth, I don't remember the Palace doing anything of the kind to Sarah. And I don't see what the Palace has to do with this at all: it was a banquet at the United States, organized by the US Governemnt (?).
I don't think the Palace would have to be blamed for, even if it were true.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

in the note said that was organized for 'grey men' , they work for the firm, is a hard point.
sarah is a royal ex-wife and she was in a official act with her ex (like the garter ceremony) and I think is a hard situation for everyone.
she don't is a royal she was there invited for andrew, is hard, very hard.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Well she is no longer a royal, she is no longer married to Andrew. In fact she was married to him for a short period of time a long time ago. She cannot have her cake (hang out with Andrew as if she was still his royal wife) and eat it all (do no royal representations and be a PR girl for whoever pays her). Sarah got a call from earth, plain and simple.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with those who said that Sarah is more the "star" here in the US than Andrew or any other royal. She's quite popular here and well respected. Someone who's made her mistakes, paid her dues and redeemed herself financially as well as socially. Andrew, in many eyes, is just a parasitic royal trying to get some good spin from a horrible situation. At least Sarah was IN NYC on 9/11. Sarah most certainly have been seated at the better table. She should have given the speech as well, spending more time in NYC than Andrew and having more of a connection to the city. Shame on those who "organized" this mishap. It really only makes Andrew look like the cad many believe he is.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

I agree also. Royal or not, a guest is seated with the person that invited them unless they are on a dais. Andrew's time is well scripted. The idea of his "handlers" not knowing that Sarah was to accompany him and to plan accordingly is ridiculous. Either the organizers of the charity blew it, or Andrew's staff did. I don't care if he was married to her for a century, a decade or a week. He invited her as his guest, and she should be treated accordingly by anyone with a hint of manners. The duration of their marriage, or her previous indiscretions do not play into how she should be treated in polite society.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Nobility

I believe this story and why did not Andrew take up for, they would have to do anything he asked for.
This is what she faced when she was married to him.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is so disrepectful to Sarah. She may not be his wife but she is the mother of his 2 children. Those people would had never done that to Diana. Sarah is a kind and generous person she doesent need to be treated that way.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york