The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 04:31 PM

In the first picture Beatrice looks just like Queen Victoria. In the second picture, Sarah actually looks human and rather natural so I apologise to Ma'am and feel like a total traitor but well done Sarah.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Hi!

Well, I can't find the article on-line, but in the magazine 'Vanidades' it has an article on Sarah. It mentions how the Queen and her husband have not spoken to her in 10 years. But that recently, at the insistance of Beatrice, Sarah was invited to join the royal family for a ceremony where Prince Andrew and Prince Edward were given some medal (or recognition). I can't remember the name of it... It also mentioned how even though the Queen had given in to Beatrice on that small favor, she did not attend the 18th birthday party given for Beatrice. It also went on to mention that not only did the Queen and her husband not attend (reason was that she had some other event) but Prince Charles and Camilla, William and Harry, Prince Edward and Sophie did not attend. It mentioned that William and Harry opted to spend the day playing polo with friends. I'LL FIND THE ARTICLE AND THEN TRANSLATE IT FOR YOU WORD FOR WORD. Ok?
Anyone else read this magazine?

Old 09-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
Hi!

Well, I can't find the article on-line, but in the magazine 'Vanidades' it has an article on Sarah. It mentions how the Queen and her husband have not spoken to her in 10 years. But that recently, at the insistance of Beatrice, Sarah was invited to join the royal family for a ceremony where Prince Andrew and Prince Edward were given some medal (or recognition). I can't remember the name of it... It also mentioned how even though the Queen had given in to Beatrice on that small favor, she did not attend the 18th birthday party given for Beatrice. It also went on to mention that not only did the Queen and her husband not attend (reason was that she had some other event) but Prince Charles and Camilla, William and Harry, Prince Edward and Sophie did not attend. It mentioned that William and Harry opted to spend the day playing polo with friends. I'LL FIND THE ARTICLE AND THEN TRANSLATE IT FOR YOU WORD FOR WORD. Ok?
I haven't read that particular article but the issue was widely discussed here. The medal you are speaking of was the Order of Garter and Sarah was indeed invited to that one.
It is true that the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, William and Harry didn't attend Princess Beatrice's birthday party but you must remember it was only a birthday party, not the actuall birthday. And William and Harry played on charity polo match that day. I am sure they (as well as the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla) congratulated Bea's birthday. But I don't think they were supposed to be on her party. And Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla would look really out of place, if they did. It was some sort of a teenager party.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
The medal you are speaking of was the Order of Garted and Sarah was indeed invited to that one.
I think you made a type, Avalon; it's Garter. :)

Also, Bea's party was at night. Playing polo they might have been all day, but as far as I know none of the playing overlapped with the party. That does not mean, though, that I think it is a problem they weren't there.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
I think you made a type, Avalon; it's Garter. :)
And so I did! Thanks for correcting me, I have already editted it in my original post.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Administrator

I finally found a bigger version of one of the latest pics of Sarah and her girls - hope you like it

(lecturas)
Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Iceflower for the pictures. I think the last one of Sarah is quite flattering. She looks more natural (perhaps it was taken before she had her "work" done). I also like what she's wearing.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry to change the subject, but last week, Fergie's sister, Jane Ferguson was on a morning television show here called "David & Kim". She lives in Australia and is starting some sort of school or academy teaching young girls manners. The host, David, was talking and Jane kept interrupting him, and it was becoming quite rude. So David ended up saying "And you're teaching manners?!" or something like that.

Just thought I would share that with you :) Other than that, Jane seems down to earth.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Serene Highness

I see Beatrice is back to flashing the royal cleavage again.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela
I see Beatrice is back to flashing the royal cleavage again.
It may not be the most proper thing for her to do, but she is old enough to dress as she pleases. In my opinion, she has been able to pull off the cleavage, so I guess we just have to deal with it until she decides to go for a new look.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladejesus
It may not be the most proper thing for her to do, but she is old enough to dress as she pleases.
I totally agree with you ladejesus. I think it's time to stop critizing Sarah for Beatrice's dresses, again and again we can read that at the forums, but it's definetly Beatrice's choice what she's wearing. Fashion changes and so we'll surely see a different Beatrice in some years
Old 09-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Aristocracy

I am most proud to assure everyone that something like that dress is NOT in style at the big polo matches this year.

I mean it as a light-hearted comment, but coming from a frequent spectator and an even more frequent player, it is very true.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I haven't read that particular article but the issue was widely discussed here. The medal you are speaking of was the Order of Garter and Sarah was indeed invited to that one.
It is true that the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, William and Harry didn't attend Princess Beatrice's birthday party but you must remember it was only a birthday party, not the actuall birthday. And William and Harry played on charity polo match that day. I am sure they (as well as the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla) congratulated Bea's birthday. But I don't think they were supposed to be on her party. And Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Camilla would look really out of place, if they did. It was some sort of a teenager party.
Well Avalon, by mentioning this article I was not intending to throw dirt on Queen Elizabeth or any other royal family member that did not attend. I was merely observing that Sarah was (and in future might be) allowed to partake of more royal family events since she was invited to this one in particular...Also, I was not aware that this event had already been commented on since I do not follow this thread closely. I will in future assure myself of the current postings before adding any 'new' (to me at least) comments.

Thank you.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well Avalon, by mentioning this article I was not intending to throw dirt on Queen Elizabeth or any other royal family member that did not attend. I was merely observing that Sarah was (and in future might be) allowed to partake of more royal family events since she was invited to this one in particular...Also, I was not aware that this event had already been commented on since I do not follow this thread closely. I will in future assure myself of the current postings before adding any 'new' (to me at least) comments.

Thank you.
I didn't think you did. I was trying to be helpful.
I also hope that Sarah will be inviting to some sort of future Family outings, especially those involving Beatrice and Eugenie.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

I think Sarah has done an excellent job both with redeeming herself, her now very stable relationship with Prince Andrew, and the commendable way they both have raised their daughters.

She is a modern, working woman and mother who has repaid her debts and should now be given a break.

Princess Beatrice is 18 and can dress how she pleases. Zara has.

One more thing...just because those outfits may not be in style her at polo matches in the U.S., does not mean they are not in style in Great Britain. We are usually a year behind European fashions on a whole. ;-). I think she dresses very appropriately for a young lady her age.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson will participate in conference, themed "Connect Today, seize Tomorrow." It aims to connect women and empower them to become architects of change in their lives and the lives of others, according to an event spokesperson. Organizers said they expect about 11,000 people to attend.
In addition to Sarah, list of speakers and panelists at the event includes Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shriver, Martha Stewart, Tyra Banks, Tim Russert, Maureen Dowd, Anna Quindlen, Suze Orman and Elle Macpherson.
http://www.gazettes.com/dalai09072006.html
Old 09-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Sarah Ferguson will participate in conference, themed "Connect Today, seize Tomorrow." It aims to connect women and empower them to become architects of change in their lives and the lives of others, according to an event spokesperson. Organizers said they expect about 11,000 people to attend.
In addition to Sarah, list of speakers and panelists at the event includes Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shriver, Martha Stewart, Tyra Banks, Tim Russert, Maureen Dowd, Anna Quindlen, Suze Orman and Elle Macpherson.
http://www.gazettes.com/dalai09072006.html
Cool! We'll have to keep an eye open for pictures...!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

"One more thing...just because those outfits may not be in style her at polo matches in the U.S., does not mean they are not in style in Great Britain. We are usually a year behind European fashions on a whole. ;-)."

To clarify, I was certainly not just refering to US matches. Polo clubs are extremely rarely clubs with memers only on state or national levels. I was refering to experiences and experiences of people I know all over the world. As both a polo player and model, I keep up with the international scene in both.

Just to clarify for anybody, I don't mean to mini-hijack the thread but am just trying to explain why I made the comment I did about the dress beingi n fashion.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I think Sarah was invited to Balmoral a year or two ago. It didn't work out but I hardly think that Sarah and the Queen haven't spoken in 10 years. I hardly think the Queen would invite Sarah to their summer vacation and then refuse to speak to her for a week.

Quote:
Hi!

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Aristocracy

A video of Sarah Ferguson and her daughters at polo event

http://www.hola.com/videos/casasreal...grande/?hist=9

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york