The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Administrator

While the Queen doesn't know who P Diddy is..I am sure someone who works for her can find out if they wanted to know. I know there is a lot going on in the world right now..but I beleive the government spies/bodyguards know whats going on. Now the bodyguards can't "parent" the girls but something would be said. But regardless of that...Prince Andrew knows who he (P. Diddy) is...and even if Sarah is attending the parties with the girls...if he had a problem with it..he would/could tell her that they shouldn't attend regardless of HER attendance..and thats my point.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

But as I said, Beatrice is an adult and Eugenie will be in a couple of years. Eventually it will be impossible to blame their mother if they keep hanging out with these kind of people.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Can these girls be the British kind of Hilton or Millers sisters?
Old 08-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Let us hope not!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Ah, Sarah, when you said you were launching your daughters into society, this is not quite what I envisioned. Bring back the debutante balls, stuffy and elitist as they are, but not this! I think your daughters could handle being called snobs but this? I don't know.

It reminds me of when Drew Barrymore's mother took her to all these parties when she was a teenager. Drew later said she got hooked on drugs and alcohol before she was 18. I hope Sarah has better sense than that or as Zonk said, if Sarah doesn't, then at least I hope Andrew does.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Slippery slope....

Sarah's leading her daughters down a very dangerous road.
I'd say. If Eugenie or her sister ever suffer from a, shall we call it, Tara Palmer Tomkinson problem, (aka your nose literally rotting because of too much cocaine), we will know who introduced the girls to the scene.

I'm serious: that teenagers dodge their parents and party anyway is one thing, it's quite another to knowingly introduce your teenage kids to a world where what matters most is looking rail thin, established and aided b loads of cocaine to keep the spirits up while you're busy starving your behind off--this is that little world. Sarah's girls could do better, Sarah should know better. What an idiot she turns out to be after all.

http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/2006...e-rotted-nose/
Old 08-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

I think Sarah gets blamed because the girls are photographed at these parties in pictures that suggest their mother has taken the place of best friend in bringing them to these- not mother. When, for example, Harry goes to a party like this, he gets all the bad press and is featured in the headlines for making that choice. If Charles was pictured arm-in-arm with him at them, he would get the same grief Sarah gets here.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Sarah and Eugenie yesterday at St Tropez :

(Rex via www.hellomagazine.com)
Old 08-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower! I wonder where Beatrice is, as she had also been in St Tropez, I already missed her on the pics from the party..
Old 08-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Administrator

I had the same thought, Romy, but I've no idea. I hope we'll get more pics the next days..

Here are some more pics from Polfoto, the caption says they were leaving the Club 55:

(Polfoto)
Old 08-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah takes each of her girls on vacation alone with her at the end of each summer.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Royal Highness

I like Eugenie's outfit on the beach, it's very beach-appropriate. Sarah just looks hot in black! (Like in hot weather.... )
Old 08-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
Sarah takes each of her girls on vacation alone with her at the end of each summer.
why is she doing it? why don't they go together?
Old 08-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

She always has taken them on seperate vacations but they also go on family vacations. It's because she wants to spend some time alone with each of them- that is a big thing for her.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Courtier

I think Sarah is not stupid, she knows what parties she can take her girls to
I'm sure she does the best she can to be a good mum
Old 08-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think Sarah is not stupid, she knows what parties she can take her girls to
I'm sure she does the best she can to be a good mum
Good mothers in my opinion don't drag their girls to parties given by convicted felons, no matter how rich and famous.

Quote:
Sean P. Combs is of a doubtful character in terms of reputation.
He's been convicted of gun crimes, has several kids out of wedlock with several different women, is heavily connected with the drug world, etc. I would hardly call that doubtful!

< ed slagging >

I know it's harsh, but she seriously aggravates and deserves every ounce of criticism she gets.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
She always has taken them on seperate vacations but they also go on family vacations. It's because she wants to spend some time alone with each of them- that is a big thing for her.
My mother did this with my sisters and I (personal dinners/short vacations) when we were young and it was always very nice. Very memorable. I hope Beatrice & Eugenie are able to look back fondly of their alone time w their mother.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Courtier

I think she's just trying to be "cool" and spend some time with her daughters,
You guys are so hard to Sarah, sometimes she doesn't do the right thing
but I'm sure her intentions are the best. Especially with her daughters, she wants the best for them, I'm sure of it.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Administrator

P. Diddy has two children (although he claims the first born of his girlfriend), and yes with TWO different women. Since Prince Albert has the same.....I don't think we will hold this against him :)

I believe the security of both Princesses is provided by the British government, and I am almost Positive that Sarah/Andrew and the agents that guard them don't do anything on the fly...but rather have a schedule of events of where each Princess will be. That being the case...if the royals had an issue with the girls being at P. Diddy's party. Safety or dubious characters withstanding...I am sure they would have said something.

On another note..I must say I love it when both girls go casual..they definitely look their age and don't OVERDO it. Hopefully, this sense of fashion will one day impact their dress up look.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, and I still stand by mine - Sarah is showing very poor judgement by introducing her girls to the celebrity & showbiz circus which is full of parties, alcohol and drugs. And that she takes one of them to Diddy's party is for me completely outrageous, a princess should not be honouring such a man by attending his party, it's just wrong to me.

For those who don't know how wild the parties are in St Tropez in the summer, I suggest you look around at some of the social & entertainment sites. Then tell us that it's a good place for a young woman to be...

Beatrice and Eugenie should be with people their own ages, go to parties with them, not their mother. But it seems as Sarah is trying to become a friend instead of a mother to them. A mother can be both, but the maternal role should always be the most obvious one.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york