Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 5: June-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toledo said:
Eugene has one of the most peaceful stares (the way she looks at the camera) I've ever seen in a royal except Charlotte of Monaco (a royal offsping). Very calm and controlled. Quite a contrast with her vivacious mom standing next to her. I think, like in the TV series Absolutely Fabulous, the roles are reversed and it's the mature beyond their years daugthers the ones taking control of a wild party hoping mom.
So true! Eugenie's remarkable 'gaze' also caught my attention. It seems to convey this rare combination of genuine kindness and wisdom, somehow. It's trusting yet alert. Come to think of it, doesn't it remind us of a young lady Di? She also had this way of looking the camera directly 'in the eye', and conveying the sense you were staring back at a 'peer' somehow. I'm struggling to explain it, but whatever it is, it's quite something else in my opinion. Perhaps it's what you are alluding to: a girl who's seen a fair bit due to living with parents who were 'growing up with the kids', as they say.

Some more from WENN, it's great to see Eugenie there as well and the baby in Sarah's arms is too cute :)

16023i9.jpg
16026av.jpg
16026mq.jpg

16026ux.jpg
160293d.jpg

(WENN)

Last edited:
These are very nice pics of Sarah, Iceflower. Probably some of the more flattering I've seen in a long time. Thank you.

More images of SARAH FERGUSON ET JONELLE PROCOPE, RESPONSABLE DE L'APOLLO THEATER, ATTENDENT LE CONCERT D'ARETHA FRANKLIN DANS CETTE SALLE NEW YORKAISE

from deadline

Attachments

• DL113978_002.jpg
    DL113978_002.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 233
  • DL113978_003.jpg
    DL113978_003.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 225
  • DL113978_004.jpg
    DL113978_004.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 225
  • DL113978_001.jpg
    DL113978_001.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 180
sarah has had some sort of cosmetic work done to her face...i think it's botox...her face is very stiff and not natural looking.[/quote]

I think so too.

princess olga said:
So true! Eugenie's remarkable 'gaze' also caught my attention. It seems to convey this rare combination of genuine kindness and wisdom, somehow. It's trusting yet alert. Come to think of it, doesn't it remind us of a young lady Di? She also had this way of looking the camera directly 'in the eye', and conveying the sense you were staring back at a 'peer' somehow. I'm struggling to explain it, but whatever it is, it's quite something else in my opinion. Perhaps it's what you are alluding to: a girl who's seen a fair bit due to living with parents who were 'growing up with the kids', as they say.

with regards to eugenie's gaze...it's funny how people see things differently. i've always been interested in this kind of thing. with all due respect to people's opinions - i find totally the opposite to what you were both saying. to me, it looks like a girl who would rather be doing absolutely anything else than having her picture taken. she looks sad and as though her mind is on something else.

I agree with you, Eugenie looks beautiful, but bored. I hope she has been able to spend time with other young ladies on this trip.

When I was watching the TODAY show interview I was distracted by Sarah's eyebrows. They are way too dark and create a severe look. And I'm afraid she wasn't as animated as usual. I don't know if it was her mood, fatigue, the humidity (it was really hot in NY yesterday), or the possible "work" that has been done on her face. Hopefully whatever she's done, it will be the last procedure. As she said in the interview, her daughters will tell her (something like) 'you can't go out looking like that' but I think she meant outfits...I hope they encourage her to age gracefully.

princess olga said:

On the post below, number 33 picture four, she does exactly that. She looks straight at the camera with a piercing stare that is amazing, like she is actually looking at us from the monitor. Reminds me of the painting the Monalisa and how the eyes are placed in a way that they follow you regardless of where you move. I hope she also gets her turn into an official Royal Painting, that would be interesting to see if the painter captures that fascinating stare of hers.

I also did not know she is wearing braces so that could explain her discomfort showing a smile. I saw in another thread she standing next to her dad and smiling and she uses the metallic ones. That I don't understand because the teens around here use a new version of semi transparent braces that don't show in pictures.

Warren said:
"Wild party hopping mum"? Toledo, you're posting in tabloid-speak. :D
Princess BellyFlop said:
Quite appropriate when talking about la Duchesse.

Well, she is a tabloid cover darling after all. In the pictures above she seems to be quite over the top, too much coffee? Don't get me wrong, I like her because she is entertaining but she has that it that I just can't take her seriously. That's why I compare her to Ab Fab's Edwina. And you know who would be a good Patsy to her Edwina, think of Princess Gunilla von Bismark!
:p Note of caution when you click on that picture of La Bismarck, don't do it if you are drinking water or you will spit it out all over the the monitor!

Last edited:
sarah look so good, so happy! i glad for her, eugenie look like her mother, is a really young royal beauty.

Lady Jean said:
I agree with you, Eugenie looks beautiful, but bored.

I think so too. She has the classic teenage 'I don't want to be here' look. I've seen it enough! :p

Sarah though went in the opposite direction of her usual fashion sense with the white jacket and suit. Its conservative but it looks like she's boxed in and uncomfortable. I think she should stay closer to what she's more comfortable in.

I read somewhere on these forums that Sarah moved with Andrew to the Royal Lodge. Is that true? Does she really stay there? I thought she couldn't for whatever reasons. Has this been discussed? Thank you for pointing me to the infos.

Jo of Palatine said:
I read somewhere on these forums that Sarah moved with Andrew to the Royal Lodge... Has this been discussed? Thank you for pointing me to the infos.
Jo, I found this discussion in an earlier thread: Sarah, Part 3 - see posts 6 to 10 (Jan 2006).

msleiman said:
sarah has had some sort of cosmetic work done to her face...i think it's botox...her face is very stiff and not natural looking.

Not just botox...it looks like she's also had eye work done as well as having her lips plumped up with collagen. Ah, it's always nice to see a woman aging gracefully!

fanletizia said:
More images of SARAH FERGUSON ET JONELLE PROCOPE, RESPONSABLE DE L'APOLLO THEATER, ATTENDENT LE CONCERT D'ARETHA FRANKLIN DANS CETTE SALLE NEW YORKAISE
from deadline
Thanks for the pics! They were taken on the 20.06.2006 and belong to the series of pics I had posted in part 3.
As to your last pic, I'm a bit confused, fanletizia, the pic is not new but some years old, but maybe you know that and you simply wanted to share it?! :)

Sarah on TV

If you live in America and have Direct TV or if you get MSNBC then July 1 they are showing a biographical show about her Headlines & Legends (I think that's the show's name) they're showing it @ 7:00 a.m. you can catch the one about Prince William before that.

xx hrh xx

Here are some pictures of Sarah Ferguson at Elton Johns party from wireimage

Attachments

• 9304160amaraN6302006125903PM.jpeg
    9304160amaraN6302006125903PM.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 424
  • 9304745amaraN6302006125837PM.jpeg
    9304745amaraN6302006125837PM.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 452
  • 9304162amaraN6302006125855PM.jpeg
    9304162amaraN6302006125855PM.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 452
  • 9304159amaraN6302006125909PM.jpeg
    9304159amaraN6302006125909PM.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 9304158amaraN6302006125916PM.jpeg
    9304158amaraN6302006125916PM.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 435
  • 9304157amaraN6302006125922PM.jpeg
    9304157amaraN6302006125922PM.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 413
  • 9304074amaraN6302006125825PM.jpeg
    9304074amaraN6302006125825PM.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 508
LONDON - JULY 01: Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York signs copies of her new children's book 'Little Red's Summer Adventure' at Harrods on July 1, 2006 in London

from getty

Attachments

• 71346261.jpg
    71346261.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 266
  • 71346260.jpg
    71346260.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 71346265.jpg
    71346265.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 71346267.jpg
    71346267.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 71346759.jpg
    71346759.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
lady_windsor said:
Here are some pictures of Sarah Ferguson at Elton Johns party from wireimage

sarah really likes this dress!

Pics from yesterday!

"Sarah, Duchess of York after watching Roger Waters, with her daughter Princess Beatrice, at the Hyde Park Calling Festival, in central London, UK, on July 1, 2006. Photo by Yui Mok/PA EMPICS"

16gk2t0.jpg
16gk38j.jpg
16gk3t3.jpg

(abacapress)

Seems as if Sarah got quite wet or was it just the wind?! :D Two more pics from Gettyimages:

16gz79e.jpg
16gz75s.jpg

07/07/06 Sarah Duchess Of York has been saddened by her step mother Susan Ferguson's decision to sell the family home for £4M Fergie Must Bid Farewell To Childhood Home Feature at Dummer Down Farm Hampshire

from brunopress

Attachments

• Sarah_Ferguson04.jpg
    Sarah_Ferguson04.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 294
fanletizia said:
07/07/06 Sarah Duchess Of York has been saddened by her step mother Susan Ferguson's decision to sell the family home for £4M Fergie Must Bid Farewell To Childhood Home Feature at Dummer Down Farm Hampshire

I wonder if she'd consider buying her old home. I'm sure she could come up w the money. Does anyone know if she now owns her own home or is she still renting someplace? I would think that after all the years of renting, she'd be eager to buy something. It would be a great investment for her for her later years and also have sentimental value.

Bella said:
I wonder if she'd consider buying her old home. I'm sure she could come up w the money. Does anyone know if she now owns her own home or is she still renting someplace? I would think that after all the years of renting, she'd be eager to buy something. It would be a great investment for her for her later years and also have sentimental value.

That would be a good idea. It would give the girls a chance to have a home base with memories of their mothers side of the family as well. I hope she does it.

Yeah...but can she afford 4M? I wouldn't think so.

Zonk1189 said:
Yeah...but can she afford 4M? I wouldn't think so.

I think she could rather easily. She makes a good amount of money from her endorsement deals and from her books and she certainly would not have to come up with the entire amount at once. I'm sure she could get a mortgage like everyone else.

kimebear said:
I think she could rather easily. She makes a good amount of money from her endorsement deals and from her books and she certainly would not have to come up with the entire amount at once. I'm sure she could get a mortgage like everyone else.

True...but I guess the question is.....does she spend that much time in England? It would be nice to keep for her girls...but I imagine they have a number of homes they could end up with.

BUt if she does that would mean she's moving away from Andrew and there goes her royal connection and major source of interest in her and money for her. So my bet is that she won't.

The major source of interest in Sarah is in America, so if she moved here, I don't think it would hurt her.

She hasn't had a lot of royal connections lately: she got invited to Balmoral last year, then this year Andrew's Garter Service, and now the party in Windsor castle. Its not overflowing. She may want to stay around until Eugenie has left home, then I don't see any reason why she couldn't leave England.

Poor Sarah!

She can clear off her debts, having a great relationship with her ex, raise two great girls, discover the cure for cancer, bring about world peace and will still be known as the toe sucking duchess! What does a person have to do to get a little forgiveness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom