Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 5: June-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I jus realised that the outfit eugenie is wearing on the orevious page is the same as she wore at trooping te colour

Give Princess Eugenie a break she has braces. I neaver smiled much when had them, because they are ugly to the teenagers eyes.
Wow Sarah looks beauiful!

Here are two additions to the pics I posted this morning and that are discussed that much ;)

15f3g2d.jpg
15f3gg2.jpg

(gettyimages)

I've heard that Sarah is scheduled to be on the Today Show (in the US) Monday. I'll try to get this more confirmed!

eugenie is very similar to her mother, but with braum hair.

iceflower said:
Here are two additions to the pics I posted this morning and that are discussed that much
these outfits are dreadful. eugenie looks like a teenager trying to look like an adult. she really really needs a stylist...she's very "Britneyesque" in terms of what she wears. and well sarah's just looks like it's too tight. yes she now has curves to show off but she could have chosen something flattering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah's dress has that tell-tale bunching at the crotch, meaning it's too tight.

Eugenie's dress looked like it should have been pulled up a little. It's creating an unflattering saggy effect, and she's rather young to be showing cleavage.

I agree about Eugenie's dress and the cleavage thing makes me uncomfortable. She is really young.
I think Sarah looks great but the necklace is unflattering, maybe it should be a little lower.

marine2109 said:
Thanks for pictures!!!
You are welcome, marine :)
I think it's quite hard to always look the best way possible (every girl and woman knows that :p ), so I won't critize the dresses, nevertheless both Sarah and Eugenie looked lovely.

Madalx2, thanks for telling us about the Today Show!

Thanks, Iceflower, for the pictures. I agree w those who said Sarah's dress is too tight. A size up would have been more flattering. And yes, I think Eugenie is too young to be showing that much cleaveage. Wow, both her and her sister are big girls! They both look a few years older than they actually are (which is actually common of most teenagers).

And let me just say, while I know there are those who have said Eugenie resembles the Queen Mum in her youth, I can think of someone else I think Eugenie resembles quite a bit.

The pink is very pretty on Eugenie. I think it's a lovely dress. Some of the faults people pointed out may be due to the young lady's posture. I think she "slumps" a little.

I think Eugenie looks lovely! Didn't she have scolosis and surgery to correct her spine problem? Maybe that's why she slumps.

Sarah looks lovely as well. Not sure if the dress is too tight or its because its Satin...which doesn't hang well on everyone.

Personally, I think that their style of dress is dictated by their mother, which is usually somewhat gaudy. Occasionally, Sarah wears something rather nice and so does the Princesses, but not often. Just my opinion.

Bella said:
Thanks, Iceflower, for the pictures. I agree w those who said Sarah's dress is too tight. A size up would have been more flattering.

I see that now, Bella. Yes a size up would have been very flattering but its still a lovely dress and the cut really suits Sarah's figure which is why I didn't notice it was too small before. Its not fussy like a lot of the things she wears and I'm surprised Sarah can wear black so well. Usually redheads have a problem with black.

Eugenie's dress in my opinion is too little girlish despite the low neckline. I think if her dress had had the same type of neckline as her mother's instead of cutting straight across her breasts making them look squeezed in, the whole dress would have looked more flattering. I think the dress cut was made for women (or girls) with very small breasts.

BTW, it was confirmed in the Order of the Garter pics, that Eugenie does in fact wear braces so I imagine we'll be seeing more glum pictures of her for the next year or two until the braces are off. I'm glad though she's doing something about her teeth. Beatrice can be an attractive girl but she has a very pronounced overbite.

Beatrice had braces, too. She just has a difficult, heavy jaw. I remember when the Tatler issue came out, people commented about how they had to photograph her in certain ways to minimize the jawline.

Eugenie's jaw isn't as pronounced, so, once the braces are off, she shouldn't have the same overbite. Besides, Eugenie could ask her parents for glass braces or that invisilign thing people are using now. They're both clear, and the invisilign can be taken out, making them even more convenient (though I admit I would have taken mine out every time I had pics taken, if they were an option when I had braces).

Sarah is scheduled to be on the Today Show this TUESDAY!! I guess it's taking her a full week to talk to America!

I like Sarah's dress. It does look tight around the hips but the top doesn't seem tight so maybe it's just the way the satin bunched up in the photo. I think her outfit was spoiled by the necklace though. I don't think that dog- collar look goes with that gown, I think she would have looked better with a simpler necklace.

I think Eugenie's dress should have had straps. It is a bit low cut for one so young, but otherwise I liked her dress; it has a very pretty skirt. My grievance is that if the girls are going to wear adult clothes, I think they should tie their hair back somehow, even if it's just with one or two pretty clips. I don't like to see long hair flopping about the face when the girl is wearing dressy clothes. But I suppose it's the fashion today.

I look forward to reading reports about the Today appearance.

kelly9480 said:
Can people from outside the US see the show? They do highlights online.

From my understanding after the show is over you can see some of it on their web site. I am not sure if her interview will be on there, but I think they will post at least some of it.

Eugene has one of the most peaceful stares (the way she looks at the camera) I've ever seen in a royal except Charlotte of Monaco (a royal offsping). Very calm and controlled. Quite a contrast with her vivacious mom standing next to her. I think, like in the TV series Absolutely Fabulous, the roles are reversed and it's the mature beyond their years daugthers the ones taking control of a wild party hoping mom.

Toledo said:
...like in the TV series Absolutely Fabulous, the roles are reversed ...taking control of a wild party hopping mom.
"Wild party hopping mum"? Toledo, you're posting in tabloid-speak. :D

madalx2 said:
From my understanding after the show is over you can see some of it on their web site. I am not sure if her interview will be on there, but I think they will post at least some of it.
Yes it is available at NBC.com, located under "Today Show Video" and then in the category of "Health and Living" (!) Perhaps someone can post the actual link - thanks.
Sarah said she is "not dating anyone" at the moment. She discussed her children's book, "Little Red's Summer Adventure."

Toldedo, I love Ab Fab, though I don't think the DOY is anywhere near as fun as Patsy & Edina.

Sarah Ferguson attends signing book in New York

from facetoface

Attachments

• 00983146.jpg
    00983146.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 00983145.jpg
    00983145.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 00983159.jpg
    00983159.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 177