Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 4: January-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the unpleasant feeling that the former Duchess is madly seeking press coverage and is willing to pay any price for it, including taking her royal eldest child with her in the papparazzi mud. Anything to get her picture on the front page!

It is a shame because Princess Beatrice is royal, like her father the handsome Duke of York, and should not be pushed into the gossipping mud by her own mother.

Princess BellyFlop said:
I get the unpleasant feeling that the former Duchess is madly seeking press coverage and is willing to pay any price for it,

You may be right. I recently read a comment (not an authenticated source, just a rumor on a message board, so have your grains of salt handy) that her lucrative contract with Weight Watchers will expire soon and that it won't be re-newed. She may need to keep herself before the public in order to drum up new sources of income.

Some more pics from Monaco, so that we have some here as well ;)

10z44mr.jpg
10z45kp.jpg

10z47q1.jpg

(abaca)

Some more pics from the aftershow party at Cannes, together with Ben Elliot, Boris Becker and Sharon Stone:

10z48p5.jpg
10z4ayp.jpg
10z4bdg.jpg

(Gettyimages)

iceflower said:
Some more pics from Monaco, so that we have some here as well
Could this picture be a counter-proof of her botox use? There is a slight movement of the forehead no?

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually always thought sarah was actually quite pretty especially with long hair in the early days of her marriage if only she hadn't cut it.

Princess BellyFlop said:
I get the unpleasant feeling that the former Duchess is madly seeking press coverage and is willing to pay any price for it, including taking her royal eldest child with her in the papparazzi mud. Anything to get her picture on the front page!

It is a shame because Princess Beatrice is royal, like her father the handsome Duke of York, and should not be pushed into the gossipping mud by her own mother.

Yes, anyone knows on what's up with that? In the one I posted of the Beck's disastrous charity party she also dragged Beatrice with her and forced the girl to see her mother drunk, flirting with the hostess' husband and making a fool of herself on the dance floor. If Beatrice is a Royal Princess of the House of Windsor, aren't her public appearances scrutinized properly? Where is Sarah going to take her daugther next, Chipendale's?

kelly9480 said:
People who botox don't have wrinkly foreheads, so that may well be evidence that she doesn't use it. I look at Sarah and I don't see a woman who uses artificial means to stave off aging -- I see a woman, who, while attractive, was never especially pretty, and who is aging (not very well, either) before our very eyes.
I'm not seeing much difference around the forehead, mouth and eyes from then and now that can't be explained by aging, badly.

The giveaway is always the eyes, or more specific her blank stare. Compare the pictures you posted with her eyes having a very normal expression and rounded both above and below and see her frozen frontal stare on the recent ones.

Toledo said:
Yes, anyone knows on what's up with that? In the one I posted of the Beck's disastrous charity party she also dragged Beatrice with her and forced the girl to see her mother drunk, flirting with the hostess' husband and making a fool of herself on the dance floor. If Beatrice is a Royal Princess of the House of Windsor, aren't her public appearances scrutinized properly? Where is Sarah going to take her daugther next, Chipendale's?

You took the words almost out of my mouth! :)

First of all, where is Eugenie? We haven't seen hide nor hair of Sarah's other daughter for quite some time. Why is Beatrice the one Sarah dotes on and why do we never see Eugenie with them, even if it's not a premier or party? I'm concerned for the younger girl, whom I think is just as pretty, even without the red hair. I can just see everyone paying attention to Bea and overlooking Eugenie, and that's sad. Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it but :eek:

Second, did you SEE that blue dress Beatrice was wearing at the Beckham's party? She looked far FAR more mature for a 17 year old. Yea, I'm sure that's what they were aiming for and she did look beautiful, but i'm sure when a 17year old is dressing like a 25 year old, some eyebrows would be raised. I'm just worried that, IF (and I said "IF") Sarah is behind this publicity tour trying to get as many headlines as possible, what is this going to make Beatrice look like in the eyes of the public? Will the tabloids go after the bait and rip Bea to shreads? I don't know, but I do think that Sarah needs to exercise some caution and think before she drags her daughters to flaunt them before the photographers.

Sorry to offend anyone, jsut what I was thinking after seeing so much of those two in the past several weeks...

eugenie is probably revising for her GCSE's( a national exam taken in England and Wales), so thats probably why she isn't with her mother and sister partying.

sorrick said:
You took the words almost out of my mouth! :)

First of all, where is Eugenie? We haven't seen hide nor hair of Sarah's other daughter for quite some time. Why is Beatrice the one Sarah dotes on and why do we never see Eugenie with them, even if it's not a premier or party? I'm concerned for the younger girl, whom I think is just as pretty, even without the red hair. I can just see everyone paying attention to Bea and overlooking Eugenie, and that's sad. Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it but :eek:

Second, did you SEE that blue dress Beatrice was wearing at the Beckham's party? She looked far FAR more mature for a 17 year old. Yea, I'm sure that's what they were aiming for and she did look beautiful, but i'm sure when a 17year old is dressing like a 25 year old, some eyebrows would be raised. I'm just worried that, IF (and I said "IF") Sarah is behind this publicity tour trying to get as many headlines as possible, what is this going to make Beatrice look like in the eyes of the public? Will the tabloids go after the bait and rip Bea to shreads? I don't know, but I do think that Sarah needs to exercise some caution and think before she drags her daughters to flaunt them before the photographers.

Sorry to offend anyone, jsut what I was thinking after seeing so much of those two in the past several weeks...

I have been thinking almost the same things recently. How come we never see Eugenie? How come there Sarah is always taking Beatrice out to parties and stuff? Why all of a sudden is Beatrice starting to look too (i dont know if mature is th e right word to describe this). I would have thought looking at previous years that Bea was always the very conservative on, the shy one..i dont know.
Anyway what im thinking is that maybe Eugenie is busy at school since she is a full time border while studying for her GCSEs. I think that the Duchess is trying to get some more publicity maybe also for her daughter Beatrice as it is getting nearer to her coming of age. Im not exacty sure if she is trying to draw the press in...but the fact that Bea did an interview last year for society mag Tatler confirms to me that they are trying to get more publicity for the otherwise fairly unknown princess.

I think the answer is as you said that Beatrice is 18 and Eugenie is still 16. As far as I know Eugenie is still in school.

kelly9480 said:
People who botox don't have wrinkly foreheads, so that may well be evidence that she doesn't use it.
In my opinion the simple answer to these never ending ;) botox questions is a very perfect make up she uses when attending a special event. At Monaco she did not use much, plus: she was photographed in sunlight - that may explain a lot.

Beatrice is actually 17, and Eugenie 16. :)

I am not a real fan of Sarah's. However, I do have to say I don't 'mind' at all (not that I would have any place to, but as far as discussion) about Eugenie not being seen in public as much. Sarah spends private time equally with them, and there is absoultely nothing to suggest, in my knowledge, that that decision is not Eugenie's and Eugenie's alone. There is also nothing that would lead to the conclusion- again, as far as I know- that Beatrice is 'dragged along'- in fact, the evidence is to the contrary.

That is all just my opinion. :)

HighGoalHighDreams said:
However, I do have to say I don't 'mind' at all (not that I would have any place to, but as far as discussion) about Eugenie not being seen in public as much. Sarah spends private time equally with them, and there is absoultely nothing to suggest, in my knowledge, that that decision is not Eugenie's and Eugenie's alone. There is also nothing that would lead to the conclusion- again, as far as I know- that Beatrice is 'dragged along'- in fact, the evidence is to the contrary.
I agree with you that it really does appear that Beatrice enjoys these society events more than Eugenie. According to an interview done around 5 years ago, Eugenie was the more daredevil, tomboyish daughter, while Beatrice was the responsible girlie-girl.

In those pictures, the first "gentleman" was totally looking down her dress. It looked as if the top had shifted, offering quite a view.

You got quite an eye there! I looked again and you are right, the picture on the left (post # 102) shows one of Sarah's crown jewels ready to pop out of that top and the picture on the right has her tectonic plates shifted back in.

It looks like the Duchess enjoyed herself quite a bit. LOL!

Toledo said:
You got quite an eye there! I looked again and you are right, the picture on the left (post # 102) shows one of Sarah's crown jewels ready to pop out of that top and the picture on the right has her tectonic plates shifted back in.

lol, I didn't catch it the first time either...but now I feel silly since it's a bit obvious, I guess.

That can well be the angle and lighting at the time the pictures were taken.

Incas said:
That can well be the angle and lighting at the time the pictures were taken.

Then that's one mighty light to shift that dress around and get her right breast so close to a costume malfuction. She is not Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl. :D

Oh, come on! It's DEFINITELY not a Janet Jackson moment, not even close. It was an ill-fitting dress, not the most flattering thing she has worn lately.

Incas said:
Oh, come on! It's DEFINITELY not a Janet Jackson moment, not even close...

Well, we can see one third of it coming out ready for its closeup. But kidding aside, I think she has become too wild lately, almost in an aggressive way. Maybe is her way to rebel against the austere House of Windsor and it's patriarch the Duke of Edimbourgh? He was not fond of her or Diana and now Sarah is free to show it all as she pleases. What I don't like is that the kid seems to be around these wild adventures of hers'. We don't need a new female version of Harry in that family. Too much bad publicity already.

Lets face it, Sarah has matured over the years but the " Fergie" alter ego has never really died and the daughters possess it too. It's alright people criticising the Duchess for taking them to these events but it's clear that they WANT to be there and the older they get the more difficult it's going to be to lay all the blame at Sarah's door. Sarah is quite tacky so it's no surprise the kids are a bit tacky too. I have been amazed at the reaction to the dress Beatrice wore to the (tacky) Beckham's party on this thread. It wasn't remotley elegant and made her look like a Las Vegas card dealer.

Last edited:
james said:
Lets face it, Sarah has matured over the years but the " Fergie" alter ego has never really died and the daughters possess it too. It's alright people criticising the Duchess for taking them to these events but it's clear that they WANT to be there and the older they get the more difficult it's going to be to lay all the blame at Sarah's door. Sarah is quite tacky so it's no surprise the kids are a bit tacky too. I have been amazed at the reaction to the dress Beatrice wore to the (tacky) Beckham's party on this thread. It wasn't remotley elegant and made her look like a Las Vegas card dealer.

Do you think what I think? That Sarah drags the kid to these celebrity parties just to impress her? Like a "look who Mommy knows and hangs out with" type of fast life similar to the character Edwina in the TV series Absolutely Fabulous. Or to quote a book title on Sarah's conduct, she is having a low life in high heels. :cool:

Last edited:
Agreed

I don't know what it is, but there is just something that has never set right with me about the Duchess. I think James hit it with the word tacky--there is a fine line between outgoing and vivacious, and just plain Tacky. Some interviews I've seen of her, she seems just very outgoing and very likeable, like the coolest mother out there. Other ones, she seems very forced and just starving for attention. I almost pity her because at times she seems so desperate for the attention and glamour that it's sad. Boy, I would love to pick her apart in a shrink's chair!
(But, that comes with being a Psych. Major :D)

I don't think it's fair to call the York girls tacky. If anything, I think they've handled themselves extremely well considering how they could have turned out. If Pss. Beatrice wants to wear a dress with a daring neckline, so what. She's a teenager probably still trying to figure out who she is. And when compared to the way those in her circle dress, she's always been the conservative one. Being in their position, with all doors open to them, there could be continual reports of them drinking and drugging and sleeping around with a new boyfriend every other week, to say the least. But there's never been even a hint of that kind of behavior from them. "Fergie" will probably never be able to live down her past, and yes, I agree she's a bit tacky and desperate. But you can't fault the children because of the mother. I feel both girls will prove a real asset to the BRF in years to come.

Bella..I couldn't agree more!

While I don't believe that everyone has to like everyone..I find it totally amazing how people would visit a thread and comment about a person that they so obviously Dislike.

And where is this picture of Princess Beatrice looking like a Las Vegas Card dealer? From what I know of Las Vegas card dealers they are fully clothed Perhaps you are speaking of a showgirl? If that's the case, both dresses that the Princess has worn (to the Beckham and Monaco) are very far from that. I have only seen the picture of her riding in the car.

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
Bella..I couldn't agree more!
While I don't believe that everyone has to like everyone..I find it totally amazing how people would visit a thread and comment about a person that they so obviously Dislike...

That's why this is a Forum to comment on royals, their kin and their relations.

To be fair, is not so much that she is disliked but that her public conduct leaves a lot to be desired. I've seen Sarah on TV several times and she seems quite a vivacious person with a lot of energy to commit to the charity work she sponsors. And then, there is Tabloid Sarah, we read about the conduct she shows at events and parties and is like a totally diferent person. Of course we all have to comment on it, she is giving us, and the tabloids, enough material to chat about

Last edited:
Toledo, we all know tabloids make up stories when there isn't one. It's like they come up with headlines first, then scrounge around for the "right" picture to match, and then string together a few sentences, and Voila! you've got "Tabloid Sarah". Wasn't too long ago, one of the red tops have to apologize for marking up an article about Beatrice having a drunken party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom