Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 4: January-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess BellyFlop said:
Ysbel - which word would you suggest I use instead of infamous to describe Sarah's behavior considering that I find that her actions tarnish the honor of the royal family (and especially her daughters' and her lovely ex-husband's) and that I find extremely tacky that this loud ex-wife after being invited to the Garter ceremony went to British TV shows the morning after and the 2nd day after she's in USA to apparently bow the queen of soul.

I might have made a mistake in using infamous by referring to the French word «infame» meaning that she brings moral pain, is annoying and despicable. And also tacky but that's my personal addition which I admit is biased against her.

Sarah made some serious mistakes as HRH, but this is long behind her and so is her marriage to The Duke of York. Her profit-making activities are mostly undertaken in the USA and she has a right to do so as a private citizen. She had huge debts to pay off and she did so successfully.

She is no longer a member of the royal family and does not have a public duty in the way Diana did after the divorce. The Queen has maintained a warm relationship with her over the years and that should be good enough for everyone else.

New pics 22.06.06

"Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson and her daughter Eugenie arrive at the Cipriani/Deutsche Bank Concert Series featuring Kanye West and benefitting amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research held at Cipriani Wall Street in Manhattan on June 22, 2006. Photo by: William Gratz"

15dteok.jpg
15dtfgj.jpg
15dtfyg.jpg
15dti6s.jpg
15dtiky.jpg

(abacapress)

Eugenie needs to smile in her photographs. She's a pretty girl, but the constant sulk ruins her whole look (well that and her lank hair).

Eugenie, I think is uncomfortable with photograhers and all the attention. She is a very pretty girl but lets give her a break she's young. Eugenie doesn't seem to be an attention seeker. She reminds me a little of Princess Diana in the fact that at the begining was overwhelmed with all the media attention. Eugenie will learn and grow with it as the late Princess of Wales did.;)

Eugenie hasn't always been uncomfy with the press. The York girls were taught that it was better to smile at the photogs than try to outrun them or hide your face. This sulk has only developed as she hit her teenage years. If she doesn't want to be photographed, she can stay home. It's not like she has to worry about photogs camping outside her dad's house. She chooses to go to these events, she knows that she will be photographed, she needs to flash a brief smile.

Isn't it typical of teenagers to sulk? Yes, its not desirable but that's why they're teenagers.

Finally Sarah finds an outfit that suits her body shape! She's got curves but she doesn't always have success showing them to their best advantage.

ysbel said:
Isn't it typical of teenagers to sulk? Yes, its not desirable but that's why they're teenagers.
No, not all teens sulk every. single. time. they are photographed. If she doesn't like the spotlight, that's fine, she can stay home. But she makes the decision to go out to fancy (non mandatory Royal) events, and goes through the trouble of picking out a fairly nice dress, and doing her make-up (but not her hair), and then ruins the look with her constant sulking. She knows full well she's going to be photographed, either smile for five seconds on the red carpet or do the Royal thing and ask to use the private entrance.

I think you're expecting a level of maturity that most teenagers don't have. Eugenie doesn't sulk every single time either; she's close to the Queen and their closeness is evident when they're together.

The teenage years are moody. Teenagers are unlikely to have their public act together and if they do, that's more a cause for concern than sulking.

A bit of smile would not be out of place, but Eugenie looks really beautiful, imo. That dress suits her and she is so lovely these days.:)
As for Sara, I generally hate that particular kind of dress but it suits her.

Sarah does look gorgeous in that dress, and I think Eugenie is growing up to be absolutely beautiful, too. It's possible that she's not smiling on purpose, but perhaps that particular photographer just caught her in a not-smiling moment...

kelly9480 said:
Eugenie needs to smile in her photographs. She's a pretty girl, but the constant sulk ruins her whole look (well that and her lank hair).
may be it is because of she doesn't like her mother "sexy" gown;). Sarah Ferguson looks much better looking nowaday than the day she was a Prince Andrew fiance, it is good on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom