The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Actually, I think that Sarah is beatiful. She shows her age, sure...For she is not more young every day (like all of us! ). Personally, I like her much more now than some years before, when she was too thin with big eyes of hungry.... Now, she is really, really a beauty.

Vanesa.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
... And then, there is Tabloid Sarah, we read about the conduct she shows at events and parties and is like a totally diferent person.
When was the last time Sarah Ferguson was involved in any sort of scandal? About a decade ago?

Old 06-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
When was the last time Sarah Ferguson was involved in any sort of scandal? About a decade ago?
Thank you Warren!

That is my point exactly. Sarah hasn't been involved in an "official" scandal for like 10+ years but people take word of the tabloid press and all of sudden its gospel! If Sarah really did act like that at the Beckham part I am SO SURE we would have heard it from more than one source. Yes, she has used her title and position to make money. But what was she supposed to do..get a regular job? Then people would say she is a free loader who doesn't pay her debts. People criticize her for her children, the way she dresses, the way they dress, her supposed plastic surgery, everything. She is still being judged harshly caused she embarrased the Royal Family, her husband and children, and most importantly herself. She isn't the first person to cheat on a spouse in the military and I doubt she would be the last. But all means, I am saying that she was had a right to do it but she was lonely. People speak about how she should have known what it was like to be a member of the Royal Family, but really...unless you are born into it..is anyone really prepared. But if they can get over it...why can't others?
Old 06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrick
I don't know what it is, but there is just something that has never set right with me about the Duchess. I think James hit it with the word tacky--there is a fine line between outgoing and vivacious, and just plain Tacky. Some interviews I've seen of her, she seems just very outgoing and very likeable, like the coolest mother out there. Other ones, she seems very forced and just starving for attention. I almost pity her because at times she seems so desperate for the attention and glamour that it's sad. Boy, I would love to pick her apart in a shrink's chair!
(But, that comes with being a Psych. Major )
I don't see Sarah being starved for attention. She always appeared to be oblivious to the attention or at least oblivious to how her actions would appear in the press. That was a problem when she was in the Royal Family.

I can agree with the tacky label but at least Sarah has some amount of self-awareness and honesty about her. She said straight out that she was never meant to be a royal and she seems to accept that fact and have a good relationship with Andrew and her daughters. She also pulled herself out of the finanicial straits she was in before because she didn't know how to handle money. If she needs to make public appearances and do promotions to keep her head above water financially then so be it. She's not royal any more and its better than running out of money all the time.

Sarah looks like she's looking after herself a lot better than she did before so I think she's one of the few success stories to come out of a failed marriage in the House of Windsor.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Her face looks somehow different in the latest photos posted upthread ... I can't quite figure out the change though ...
Old 06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Nobility

Yeah her face definitely looks different. I hope she hasn't had anything "done." She didn't need to that - she is a very attractive woman.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think that the answer is that she did gain weight those last months. She looks different, but she seems to be uite well. I agree with you, LadyJean. She is a very attractive woman and doesn't need to do anything in her face to keep being attractive.

I like her much more now than some years before, when she was so thin.

Vanesa.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Courtier

She used to eat whenever she was troubled. She turned to food when her mother walked out, and just never lost that association of solving her unhappiness by eating. I think she's solved it now, but I don't know.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Gentry

maybe

botox or something else
her lips are different... ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
Her face looks somehow different in the latest photos posted upthread ... I can't quite figure out the change though ...
Old 06-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Talks Herself Into Trouble (Again)

Sarah, Duchess of York, who earns millions as a spokeswoman for health and fitness organisation Weightwatchers, has been condemned by children's charities after admitting she and her daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, spend anything up to 20 hours at a time in front of a TV.
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/799/2/

I am not a great fan of the Duchess (though do not dislike her either) but I really don't see anything wrong with what she said. Trouble? I think media is so desperate to find a mistake of the Duchess, they clung on everything, even things like this.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

I agree, Avalon. I think that no matter what this woman says/does, she will offend someone. I'm sure she wasn't intending for her words to come out making her and her daughters appear like royal slugs. Most teenagers sleep 'til noon on weekends and watch alot of tv/play video games. If she were to say she has her girls busy from sun-up 'til sun-down there'd be complaints about them doing too much. Can't win.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouk
botox or something else
her lips are different... ???
Maybe botox around her eyes ... she doesn't look bad ... just different
Old 06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I really don't see anything wrong with what she said.
Thanks Avalon, this article is beautiful ... I especially loved the following
Quote:
"The Duchess, who has been divorced from the Duke of York for almost ten years, admitted she never stopped loving the Queen's second son, declaring: "We never really fell out of love, you know. It was only because of circumstances that we divorced."
Old 06-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Courtier

She forgot to mention that the circumstances were of her own making...
Old 06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Royal Highness

Fergie and her royal layabouts (with photo of Fergie and kids)
June 06, 2006
LONDON: You would hardly describe it as a fairytale existence.
Instead of going to balls and meeting handsome princes, Princesses Beatrice, 17, and Eugenie, 16, spend their weekends lying in until noon before watching DVDs for 10 hours....

And this is the result on the above newslink (partial quote below):

Are you their best friend or parent?
(Filed: 06/06/2006)

The revelation that the Duchess of York spends all weekend watching TV with her daughters raises questions about parental responsibility, says Rachel Johnson
It is a telling commentary on our times: the Duchess of York - the ex-wife of the fourth in line to the throne - has just outed herself as the ultimate "slummy mummy". Offering a tantalising insight into the lives of young royals, Fergie has revealed to an American magazine that, come the weekend, she and the teenage princesses, Eugenie and Beatrice, enjoy lengthy lie-ins and then spend an average of 20 hours snuggled up in front of the television (when they are not going out "on the pull" as a girlie threesome, that is)...
Old 06-07-2006, 01:57 AM
Aristocracy

These stories are quite funny and equally stupid ... years from now the Princesses will likely look back with fondness at spending lazy weekends at home with their mother rather than being whored around like typical royal children on the social circuit. I hope my son (and future children) will want to stay home and kick back with me and my husband when they're teenagers instead of going out and doing God know's what :)
Old 06-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I didn't think the Telegraph was one of the tabloids, but that article sounded like the Express at its most strident.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
She forgot to mention that the circumstances were of her own making...
In my opinion there is no need to mention that:
1. as to the fact that you don't have to mention every detail in every interview or talk you have and
2. there are always two persons in a relationship and the circumstances have really been difficult for both of them, so it was not only her fault that things ended up the way they did.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:53 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
In my opinion there is no need to mention that:
1. as to the fact that you don't have to mention every detail in every interview or talk you have and
2. there are always two persons in a relationship and the circumstances have really been difficult for both of them, so it was not only her fault that things ended up the way they did.
And we can add that Sarah has never been backward in admitting her own responsibility, has never "blamed" anyone but herself, and has never wavered in her loyalty to the Queen.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

PreDoc i agree....they'll have great memories of their time with their mother. i hope my daughter and i can kick back like that when she's a teenager as well.

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york