Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 4: January-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think that Sarah is beatiful. She shows her age, sure...For she is not more young every day (like all of us! ;) ). Personally, I like her much more now than some years before, when she was too thin with big eyes of hungry....:D Now, she is really, really a beauty.

Vanesa.

Toledo said:
... And then, there is Tabloid Sarah, we read about the conduct she shows at events and parties and is like a totally diferent person.
When was the last time Sarah Ferguson was involved in any sort of scandal? About a decade ago?

Warren said:
When was the last time Sarah Ferguson was involved in any sort of scandal? About a decade ago?

Thank you Warren!

That is my point exactly. Sarah hasn't been involved in an "official" scandal for like 10+ years but people take word of the tabloid press and all of sudden its gospel! If Sarah really did act like that at the Beckham part I am SO SURE we would have heard it from more than one source. Yes, she has used her title and position to make money. But what was she supposed to do..get a regular job? Then people would say she is a free loader who doesn't pay her debts. People criticize her for her children, the way she dresses, the way they dress, her supposed plastic surgery, everything. She is still being judged harshly caused she embarrased the Royal Family, her husband and children, and most importantly herself. She isn't the first person to cheat on a spouse in the military and I doubt she would be the last. But all means, I am saying that she was had a right to do it but she was lonely. People speak about how she should have known what it was like to be a member of the Royal Family, but really...unless you are born into it..is anyone really prepared. But if they can get over it...why can't others?

Last edited:
sorrick said:
I don't know what it is, but there is just something that has never set right with me about the Duchess. I think James hit it with the word tacky--there is a fine line between outgoing and vivacious, and just plain Tacky. Some interviews I've seen of her, she seems just very outgoing and very likeable, like the coolest mother out there. Other ones, she seems very forced and just starving for attention. I almost pity her because at times she seems so desperate for the attention and glamour that it's sad. Boy, I would love to pick her apart in a shrink's chair!
(But, that comes with being a Psych. Major :D)

I don't see Sarah being starved for attention. She always appeared to be oblivious to the attention or at least oblivious to how her actions would appear in the press. That was a problem when she was in the Royal Family.

I can agree with the tacky label but at least Sarah has some amount of self-awareness and honesty about her. She said straight out that she was never meant to be a royal and she seems to accept that fact and have a good relationship with Andrew and her daughters. She also pulled herself out of the finanicial straits she was in before because she didn't know how to handle money. If she needs to make public appearances and do promotions to keep her head above water financially then so be it. She's not royal any more and its better than running out of money all the time.

Sarah looks like she's looking after herself a lot better than she did before so I think she's one of the few success stories to come out of a failed marriage in the House of Windsor.

Her face looks somehow different in the latest photos posted upthread ... I can't quite figure out the change though ... :confused:

Yeah her face definitely looks different. I hope she hasn't had anything "done." She didn't need to that - she is a very attractive woman.

I think that the answer is that she did gain weight those last months. She looks different, but she seems to be uite well. I agree with you, LadyJean. She is a very attractive woman and doesn't need to do anything in her face to keep being attractive.

I like her much more now than some years before, when she was so thin.

Vanesa.

She used to eat whenever she was troubled. She turned to food when her mother walked out, and just never lost that association of solving her unhappiness by eating. I think she's solved it now, but I don't know.

maybe

botox or something else
her lips are different... ???
PreDoc said:
Her face looks somehow different in the latest photos posted upthread ... I can't quite figure out the change though ... :confused:

Sarah Talks Herself Into Trouble (Again)

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]Sarah, Duchess of York, who earns millions as a spokeswoman for health and fitness organisation Weightwatchers, has been condemned by children's charities after admitting she and her daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, spend anything up to 20 hours at a time in front of a TV.[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms][/FONT][FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms][/FONT]http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/799/2/

I am not a great fan of the Duchess (though do not dislike her either) but I really don't see anything wrong with what she said. Trouble? I think media is so desperate to find a mistake of the Duchess, they clung on everything, even things like this. :D

I agree, Avalon. I think that no matter what this woman says/does, she will offend someone. I'm sure she wasn't intending for her words to come out making her and her daughters appear like royal slugs. Most teenagers sleep 'til noon on weekends and watch alot of tv/play video games. If she were to say she has her girls busy from sun-up 'til sun-down there'd be complaints about them doing too much. Can't win.

pouk said:
botox or something else
her lips are different... ???

Maybe botox around her eyes ... she doesn't look bad ... just different

Avalon said:
I really don't see anything wrong with what she said.
Thanks Avalon, this article is beautiful ... I especially loved the following
"[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]The Duchess, who has been divorced from the Duke of York for almost ten years, admitted she never stopped loving the Queen's second son, declaring: "We never really fell out of love, you know. It was only because of circumstances that we divorced."[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
She forgot to mention that the circumstances were of her own making...

Fergie and her royal layabouts (with photo of Fergie and kids)
June 06, 2006
LONDON: You would hardly describe it as a fairytale existence.
Instead of going to balls and meeting handsome princes, Princesses Beatrice, 17, and Eugenie, 16, spend their weekends lying in until noon before watching DVDs for 10 hours....

And this is the result on the above newslink (partial quote below):

Are you their best friend or parent?
(Filed: 06/06/2006)

The revelation that the Duchess of York spends all weekend watching TV with her daughters raises questions about parental responsibility, says Rachel Johnson
It is a telling commentary on our times: the Duchess of York - the ex-wife of the fourth in line to the throne - has just outed herself as the ultimate "slummy mummy". Offering a tantalising insight into the lives of young royals, Fergie has revealed to an American magazine that, come the weekend, she and the teenage princesses, Eugenie and Beatrice, enjoy lengthy lie-ins and then spend an average of 20 hours snuggled up in front of the television (when they are not going out "on the pull" as a girlie threesome, that is)...

These stories are quite funny and equally stupid ... years from now the Princesses will likely look back with fondness at spending lazy weekends at home with their mother rather than being whored around like typical royal children on the social circuit. I hope my son (and future children) will want to stay home and kick back with me and my husband when they're teenagers instead of going out and doing God know's what :)

Well, I didn't think the Telegraph was one of the tabloids, but that article sounded like the Express at its most strident.

selrahc4 said:
She forgot to mention that the circumstances were of her own making...
In my opinion there is no need to mention that:
1. as to the fact that you don't have to mention every detail in every interview or talk you have and
2. there are always two persons in a relationship and the circumstances have really been difficult for both of them, so it was not only her fault that things ended up the way they did.

iceflower said:
In my opinion there is no need to mention that:
1. as to the fact that you don't have to mention every detail in every interview or talk you have and
2. there are always two persons in a relationship and the circumstances have really been difficult for both of them, so it was not only her fault that things ended up the way they did.
And we can add that Sarah has never been backward in admitting her own responsibility, has never "blamed" anyone but herself, and has never wavered in her loyalty to the Queen.

PreDoc i agree....they'll have great memories of their time with their mother. i hope my daughter and i can kick back like that when she's a teenager as well.

Thank you for the article ... she has definately done something to her eyes ... It's wonderful when families reunite despite past obstacles.

Very heartwarming!

I was under teh impression the only senior Royal who was an obstacle was Prince Phillip. Fergie has been seen with the Queen on several occassions. And if I recall correctly, the last time Prince Charles saw her he had a welcome smile as well. I can't wait for the Garter!

Aaaaaaghghghghgh! Noooooooooo!
Philip against Beatrice and the wise od man lost to a socialite-wannabe!
This simply ruins the celebrations for me.

great great news! Andrew need to her women with him in a moment so important in his life, I am soo happy for them!

I like Sarah but I don't like this. The awarding of the Order of the Garter should be Andrew's moment. He's served the Queen many years often without getting credit for it and I fear now that Sarah is at the ceremonies, it will be seen as Sarah's big welcome back into the Royal Family and Andrew's accomplishment will be on the backburner.

I'm thrilled that she has better relations with the inlaws but I'm not thrilled that she's taking the stage from her ex-husband at this important event in his life.

Is there a more relible sorce then The Sun? I completly agree with yebel, but if Andrew really didn't want her there he could tell her no. If it is true, and Andrew wants her there, I say all the power to them! Really its not her first apperance together with Her Majesty and D of E.

New pic from yesterday

WENN does not say anything about the event that took place, but several celebrities were photpgraphed outside the Ivy in London, among them were Sarah and Bob Geldorf:
13zstaq.jpg

(WENN)

Fergie, you've been forgiven
By ELIZABETH SANDERSON
Sunday 13:00pm 11th June 2006

...William, Harry and Prince Philip are expected among the 400 guests who will transform themselves for the night into the century's most famous characters from Mozart to Marie Antoinette. All agree, Beatrice's birthday party is set to be the social event of the summer.
...But for Beatrice there is something even more important than the event itself - and it is the greatest present her grandparents could have given her: the Queen's name appears on the invitations but she has used the occasion to mark the return of her former daughter-in-law, the once-despised Sarah Ferguson, back into the Royal fold. Beatrice's party will be hosted by Prince Andrew and the Duchess of York, who is poised to make her first official appearance for 14 years when she attends the Order of the Garter service at Windsor in two weeks.
...Fergie will also attend the private family tea that will be held after the ceremony.
On the face of it, the rapprochement is an astonishing about-turn for the Palace, which has steadfastly refused to acknowledge Fergie, mainly at the behest of Prince Philip who hasn't uttered a single word to her in ten years. In truth, it is the culmination of many years of behind-the-scenes lobbying by Beatrice to have her beloved mother once again in favour.

I hope Fergie learns some diplomacy and tact from her eldest daugther, when you scroll down the article they mention the Duchess' talent to say the wrong things at the wrong time, and without the comedic timming of her former father in law Prince Phillip:

...Fergie has retained an uncanny ability to put her foot in it
Only last week, Fergie told the American magazine Ladies' Home Journal that far from living the life of a fairytale princess, she and her daughters spend most of their weekends together watching films.

Children's charities criticised the Duchess for encouraging so much television, and always something of a loose cannon, Fergie has retained an uncanny ability to put her foot in it.
Inconveniently for Beatrice, she is now at an age when she can't help getting dragged into some of her mother's gaffes. Two years ago, Fergie invoked Andrew's wrath by revealing how she and Beatrice liked to go out 'on the pull' together for boyfriends...

So, let's cross our royal watchers' fingers and pray the Duchess of York is on her best behaviour and keeps control of her liquid intake during the celebration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom