Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 3: August 2005-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But sarah is diffferent I suppose she was her friend not her butler, who knows she might have even asked them if it would be alright. It could backfire though..

Sarah is pathetic to me. She will talk, and tell anything and all about anything she knows. The woman has no discretion. So now she is going to throw her hat into the ring and make money off of Diana.

michelleq said:
Sarah is pathetic to me. She will talk, and tell anything and all about anything she knows. The woman has no discretion. So now she is going to throw her hat into the ring and make money off of Diana.

I wouldn't say that she is trying to make money off of Diana. She is writting about her life; Diana was a big part of her life. It will probably be a tribute to Diana. Sarah would not write anything to hurt Will and Harry. I have seen her strongly defend the royal family, I don't find her pathetic at all!

I would say let's wait and see, if and what she writes...Then we can discuss again if she's discrete, hunting for the money or what ever.. ;)

Harry's polo shirt said:
I wouldn't say that she is trying to make money off of Diana. She is writting about her life; Diana was a big part of her life. It will probably be a tribute to Diana. Sarah would not write anything to hurt Will and Harry. I have seen her strongly defend the royal family, I don't find her pathetic at all!

I agree with Harry here. I also hope she donates proceeds to Diana's Memorial Fund.

The Duchess is no longer in debt and has more money than her ex husband Andrew. Sarah has turned her life around and I don't believe she will say anything that will hurt Diana, her boys, or the Royal Family.

I think Sarah might be fed up with all of Diana's hanger-ons writing all this salacious gossip and falsehoods. Sarah is in a better position than most to know the truth almost until Diana's death.

Paul Burrell couldn't have praised Diana more highly in his book and yet he was criticised because some people felt that he was still sharing information about her to make money which at the end of the day he was. Sarah's publishers have openly said that they will only publish the book if she has some interesting and unique information about Diana otherwise no one is going to buy it. They are a profit making business so you can't fault them for that but on the other hand Sarah will be criticised because even if her book is flattering to the Princess she is still sharing information about her to make money. The only way she could escape this would be to donate all proceeds to charity but I have not read anywhere that this is going to be the case. I think that all things considered, especially the probable negative reaction from Charles and the boys, she would be well advised to steer clear of this project.

Last edited:
A true friend, should always display discretion no matter. Even, if one feels that they want to "set the record straight" many times in actuality, they are have stooped to the level of those who are out to make a buck off of someone's reputation and/or life. The late actor, Roddy McDowell was offered alot of money to "discuss" his friendships with most of Hollywood, esp. Elizabeth Taylor. He galantly stated that "my memory is so poor".

Now that is a true friend. Now he did have several books of Photography of his friends, but with their permission. No words were printed that would had betrayed his loyalty and friendship.

Sadly, loyalty is a thing of the past for many people.

By accident I happened to see the Duchess of York on The Tony Danza Show this morning.

She was all bubbly and announced to Tony that she had two secrets to share. The first was how excited she had been to be invited to Balmoral to visit with the Queen and the RF this summer. She said that Prince Andrew hadn't told her about the invitation until the night before because he knew how nervous she would become. And she was nervous and immediately called her Weight Watchers leader for support. The best part of the visit was the look on her daughters' faces because they had always felt upset that their mother wasn't good enough to be included.

The second secret was that Sarah is now a New Yorker. She has rented a one-bedroom apartment there.

She bragged a lot about Beatrice and mentioned that Beatrice wants to attend Columbia. The other thing she talked about was Beatrice's photo shoot and how proud she was that Beatrice had been on the cover of Vogue, just like her grandmother Susan Barrantes.

Then they went to commercial... and Sarah participated in Tony's version of Dancing with the Stars. They put her in a 1950s get-up (poodle skirt, sweater and bobbie socks) and they danced to Bill Haley's Rock Around the Clock (not well but she looked like she had a good time). Sarah kept telling the cameramen not to shoot her bottom (she was right, the outfit wasn't good for her shape).

And they all lived happily ever after.

tiaraprin said:
I agree with Harry here. I also hope she donates proceeds to Diana's Memorial Fund.

The Duchess is no longer in debt and has more money than her ex husband Andrew. Sarah has turned her life around and I don't believe she will say anything that will hurt Diana, her boys, or the Royal Family.

How is that so?Doesn't the duke have money?

If anyone deserves the prize for most improved, it is the Duchess of York. Not only has she atoned for the mistakes she has made in her marriage, but also she has shown herself a survivor and a true lady by never discussing the royals other than to praise them in an honorable and not patronizing manner.

She went to work, paid off her debts, remained very good friends with Andrew, and in the process created with her ex a very stable family setting for both their daughters to grow up and become such well-adjusted young ladies.

Both Sarah and Andrew deserve praise for having the best non-marriage relationship there is in the world of royalty.

I thinks she is one heck of astute lady who, unlike that piece of garbage Burrell…hell hath no fury like the butler scorned…..who needs to be reminded he was only a servant of the royals and not one of them himself, she has never cashed in and written tell all books, put her foot in her mouth like Princess Michael, and has proven herself a devoted mother, charity benefactress, and interestingly enough...more royal than she was when she was married.

What happened with Steve Wyatt and John Bryan was done with 13 years ago, I think the media and others need to move on.

By the way, the Duke of York is trying to sell Sunninghill…think that is how you spell it…to help pay for the renovations of his new home.

Lady Marmalade said:
If anyone deserves the prize for most improved, it is the Duchess of York. Not only has she atoned for the mistakes she has made in her marriage, but also she has shown herself a survivor and a true lady by never discussing the royals other than to praise them in an honorable and not patronizing manner.

She went to work, paid off her debts, remained very good friends with Andrew, and in the process created with her ex a very stable family setting for both their daughters to grow up and become such well-adjusted young ladies.

Both Sarah and Andrew deserve praise for having the best non-marriage relationship there is in the world of royalty.

I thinks she is one heck of astute lady who, unlike that piece of garbage Burrell…hell hath no fury like the butler scorned…..who needs to be reminded he was only a servant of the royals and not one of them himself, she has never cashed in and written tell all books, put her foot in her mouth like Princess Michael, and has proven herself a devoted mother, charity benefactress, and interestingly enough...more royal than she was when she was married.

What happened with Steve Wyatt and John Bryan was done with 13 years ago, I think the media and others need to move on.

By the way, the Duke of York is trying to sell Sunninghill…think that is how you spell it…to help pay for the renovations of his new home.

Amen and well said Lady Marmalade!!!! Give Sarah a break!! She has turned her life totally around and I for one am extremely proud of her! She has more money than the Duke right now and she earned hers!! Maybe we Americans are more forgiving, I don't know.

auntie said:
How is that so?Doesn't the duke have money?

Sarah has lucrative contracts with many sponsors to promote their goods. Sarah has millions of dollars now. Andrew just has his trust fund and whatever the Queen chooses to give him. Sarah has more money in the bank if you compare what Andrew's trust fund is and an estimate of what the Queen may be giving him to live on. He is selling Sunninghill Park to renovate his new home, so he needs some cash. The Royal Family are notoriously frugal with their money, and the Queen is at the top of the list. I don't think Her Majesty just hands money out without ascertaining what it is for and follows up on it.

I think the only way the Duke might have more money then Sarah eventually is once he's inherited and even then its not earned, just a handout in many people's eyes.

Didn't Prince Andrew get money from the Queen Mother. I believe most of it went to Queen to avoid death taxes (duties) but surely she left something to her grandchildren. I belive she made trust for the great grans? Of course...we will never know the true figure if that is the case.

tiaraprin said:
Sarah has lucrative contracts with many sponsors to promote their goods. Sarah has millions of dollars now. Andrew just has his trust fund and whatever the Queen chooses to give him. Sarah has more money in the bank if you compare what Andrew's trust fund is and an estimate of what the Queen may be giving him to live on. He is selling Sunninghill Park to renovate his new home, so he needs some cash. The Royal Family are notoriously frugal with their money, and the Queen is at the top of the list. I don't think Her Majesty just hands money out without ascertaining what it is for and follows up on it.

You said what I was thinking..again..you always do that, it is wierd.:confused: :cool:

Sarah made something of herself, he didn't. It just shows how much more she has grown up and he hasn't.

Zonk1189 said:
Didn't Prince Andrew get money from the Queen Mother. I believe most of it went to Queen to avoid death taxes (duties) but surely she left something to her grandchildren. I belive she made trust for the great grans? Of course...we will never know the true figure if that is the case.

The Queen Mum had many debts when she died actually. She lived on a far grander scale than she really had funds for. What has happened to all of what she had is up for guessing because all the bequests will never be public knowledge.

I do know that harry has just inherited 2 million from his great grand mothers will

Last edited by a moderator:
sm1939 said:
I do know that harry has just inherited 2 million

from his great grand mothers will

Let us pray that he is responsible with it.

lashinka2002 said:
I think the only way the Duke might have more money then Sarah eventually is once he's inherited and even then its not earned, just a handout in many people's eyes.

Well to earn that much money it didn't hurt Sarah at all to have been married to Andrew and be royal by alliance. She probably wouldn't have any of that money or publicity contract in the first place without Andrew. Who on earth would have been interested in an ordinary children book written by a British housewife? Weight Watcher USA woudn't have chosen a voluptuous red-hair British woman as their spokeperson if the said spokeperson hasn't been a Duchess.

tiaraprin said:
The Queen Mum had many debts when she died actually. She lived on a far grander scale than she really had funds for. What has happened to all of what she had is up for guessing because all the bequests will never be public knowledge.

Thank you for your kind words.. :)

Not many people realized the Queen Mum had such a lifestyle with servants and homes and everything, she really lived very regally and and not as frugal as her daughter.

I think it's a little unfair to compare Sarah and Andrew's earning capability. She's been diligent in earning herself enough money to clear her debts and become financially independent, but I don't suppose her opportunities in the US media would have been available if she hadn't been such a celebrity already on account of her royal marriage. Andrew is much more constrained in what he can do because he's a full-time senior working member of the royal family and can't just branch out into commercial work when he feels like it. It seems at the moment that the two of them are doing the best they can with their different circumstances.

It's my understanding that Sarah also paid for the debt left behind by Susan Barrantes.

Pretty remarkable, considering how far in the hole Sarah started out and how little she received in her divorce settlement.

You Know In My Eyes Andrew Has Done Far More Then Sarah, As He Spent 20 Years In The Navy. Away From His Young Family, He Missed Most Of Thier Baby Days, As Sarah And The Girls Were Not Permitted To Live On Base. He Was Also Expected On Weekends To Do Engagments. Then He Was Still Critized For Not Doing Enought Engagment. Yes, He Lives A Grand Lifestyle. He Would Probley Still Be In The Navy If Had A Degree So He Could Move Up The Ranks, But Then He'd Still Be Critized For Not Doing An Engagment. Sarah Would Not Be Where She Is Today If It Was Not For The Royal Family!

Princess BellyFlop said:
Well to earn that much money it didn't hurt Sarah at all to have been married to Andrew and be royal by alliance. She probably wouldn't have any of that money or publicity contract in the first place without Andrew. Who on earth would have been interested in an ordinary children book written by a British housewife? Weight Watcher USA woudn't have chosen a voluptuous red-hair British woman as their spokeperson if the said spokeperson hasn't been a Duchess.

You are certainly correct there. Without the royal marraige of the Duke & Duchess she would not have gained the success she has earned today. It gave her a great boost, but there was much suffering prior to all of the sucess.

Debts and taxes

tiaraprin said:
The Queen Mum had many debts when she died actually.
My understanding is that this was quite deliberate. Sensible money management by astute financial advisers to reduce the value of her estate and that part of it possibly subject to Death Duties and other taxes..

New pics!

Sarah in New York 12.&16. of September - source dpa

Attachments

• 12sep05.jpg
    12sep05.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 16sep05.jpg
    16sep05.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 304
lady_windsor said:
i really like sarah shes sooo glamorous
Normally she is, but look at that second pic.. :p

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 14: Sarah Ferguson poses backstage at the Michael Kors Spring 2006 fashion show during Olympus Fashion Week at the New York Public Library September 14, 2005 in New York City. (Photo by Mark Mainz/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 55400764.jpg
    55400764.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 55400768.jpg
    55400768.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 280
Surely if Camilla can be accepted by the massess...there is a little forgiveness left over for Fergie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom