Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Sarah. I believe that Prince Andrew and their daughters are involved with Key to Freedom as well. :flowers:

If Fergie thinks she can file a lawsuit with News Corp. in the hopes of a settlement and quick money, she's mistaken and a fool. Rupert Murdoch follows the "absolutely no settlement under any circumstance" rule. Further, Murdoch and his News Corp. can afford to drag out legal actions for as long as possible to win, Fergie can't and if she's depending on Andrew to help her financially, he can't either.
There's a sexual harassment claim and threat of legal action against one of the big leaders of Fox News, it's coincidental that suddenly Fergie feels she now, after six years, has to file a lawsuit against News Corp. ? She's up against impossible odds to prove any of her allegations and she's naive to go against Rupert Murdoch. I personally can't stand the man, but I concede he's ruthless as a foe.

I wondered what the word meant. It seems they have simply made it up and it doesn't really exist pretty much like Fergies Professorship. Asked what being a ‘philanthrepreneur’ involved – the word is not in the Oxford English Dictionary - a spokesman for the university struggled to explain it. It's an unpaid role and no one seems to know exactly if Sarah will have to do anything. Exactly what is the point of this? Andrew just happens to be the Universitys Chancellor.

I wondered what the word meant. It seems they have simply made it up and it doesn't really exist pretty much like Fergies Professorship. Asked what being a ‘philanthrepreneur’ involved – the word is not in the Oxford English Dictionary - a spokesman for the university struggled to explain it. It's an unpaid role and no one seems to know exactly if Sarah will have to do anything. Exactly what is the point of this? Andrew just happens to be the Universitys Chancellor.

Probably a bit of positive PR?

It means she's a fundraiser. The role may be unpaid, but it likely comes with reimbursement for expenses. That can be timed to cover travel costs that one otherwise would have had to pay for. I'm not saying that's a reason she is doing it, but people on this side of the pond take these roles for the free trips to hang out with people who have money. You network yourself as well as your not for profit.
I also think it might make travel with Andrew reimburse-able on occasions.

:previous: Doesn't Andrew have rooms at BP? That'd be my guess as to why she went there.
The Queen was too busy today meeting w/ Prime Ministers & the like to be meeting w/ Sarah, IMO. But who knows, maybe there'll be an announcement coming from one of the York girls, or maybe something else caused the Queen to want a word with her. I'll bet she wasn't dropping by to see Phillip:whistling:

Yes, when he is in London, Andrew lives at BP. Her daughters, well Eugenie (and Bea when in the UK) live at St James, so Andrew would be the logical. I am waiting for the 'Beatrice is secretly engaged and Sarah is meeting with the queen to discus dates and venues' headlines :whistling:

Sarah was seeing one of two possible people: The Queen or Andrew. Either way it's juicy that she got spotted entering. There is more than one entrance to BP, especially on the day the prime minister resigns, so Sarah getting photographed entering makes me go hmmmmm.

Maybe to discuss her case against Murdoch. Along the lines of don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Maybe to discuss her case against Murdoch. Along the lines of don't do it

We don't know that this case was actually real, of course. We just have a Daily Mail report. :)

I wonder what Sarah was doing at the Palace...

I hope we find out soon if it's an engagement it might be getting ready to announce it. I'm not so sure the Queen would get involved with any lawsuit. It was a busy day and of course the paps were everywhere she has been to tea etc with the Queen before and we haven't known. So could be important...

:previous: This would be a splendid time to announce an engagement if one's in the wind. Kate's not pregnant and Harry doesn't have a steady girlfriend who might steal their claim to the limelight by jumping in. I reckon if Beatrice or Eugenie want to get married, now would be the time to make the commitment and stake a claim for the right to some attention for the next year.

Last edited:
Not only does Andrew have rooms at BP but I have heard that he insists that the name of the door still says TRH The Duke and Duchess of York. I have also heard that she often visits him there and even stays the night. It is rare that she is seen visiting as there are multiple entrances but it isn't unusual for her to be there to see Andrew and/or to have afternoon tea with the Queen.

Not only does Andrew have rooms at BP but I have heard that he insists that the name of the door still says TRH The Duke and Duchess of York. I have also heard that she often visits him there and even stays the night. It is rare that she is seen visiting as there are multiple entrances but it isn't unusual for her to be there to see Andrew and/or to have afternoon tea with the Queen.

Andrew's list of engagements on Facebook says that he was going to a dinner for business leaders to discuss youth employment at St. James' Palace that night. Sarah drove in at the same time PM Cameron tendered his resignation (around 5 pm) so maybe she was going to the dinner with Andrew? She has the honorary title from the University of Huddersfield now, and she seems to be working with Andrew in that role.

That must be a canard, a nonsense story. I can not imagine that the salons, chambers, halls and appartements at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle have name tags on the doors. It is not a hotel.

That must be a canard, a nonsense story. I can not imagine that the salons, chambers, halls and appartements at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle have name tags on the doors. It is not a hotel.

The royals private offices and apartments do have name cards or tags on them. We have seen this in documentaries and other specials on the royals.

Oh yes ...the recent documentary on the Queen showed name tags outside doors.

LaRae

This makes sense to me. If they can have friends visit, why not ex-wives?

I think it's quite a sensible idea to have name tags, actually. If you were an acquaintance invited to tea or a journalist looking for the Wessexes for example, you wouldn't want to be wandering incessantly up and down empty corridors, with no-one around but the occasional cleaner. What if you knocked on a nameless door to enquire and disturbed a busy Princess Anne?

Really - thanks for this tidbit. I'd not heard the tea with the Queen rumor but it raises both in my esteem for them. :flowers:

I think it's quite a sensible idea to have name tags, actually. If you were an acquaintance invited to tea or a journalist looking for the Wessexes for example, you wouldn't want to be wandering incessantly up and down empty corridors, with no-one around but the occasional cleaner. What if you knocked on a nameless door to enquire and disturbed a busy Princess Anne?

Yikes! I wouldn't want to be the person who did that. :eek:

I particularly recall - because it's one of those things I will never be able to forget - the episode of the documentary about a year at Windsor Castle which covered the preparations for the state banquet being held for the President of France on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Entente Cordiale. A performance of Les Miserables had been arranged as the after-dinner entertainment. The room that was being used for it was the Waterloo Chamber - built to commemorate the English defeat of the French in 1815 and featuring huge portraits of the leaders of the armies who had beaten France - and for the night they changed the label to the Music Room.

Yikes! I wouldn't want to be the person who did that. :eek:

I particularly recall - because it's one of those things I will never be able to forget - the episode of the documentary about a year at Windsor Castle which covered the preparations for the state banquet being held for the President of France on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Entente Cordiale. A performance of Les Miserables had been arranged as the after-dinner entertainment. The room that was being used for it was the Waterloo Chamber - built to commemorate the English defeat of the French in 1815 and featuring huge portraits of the leaders of the armies who had beaten France - and for the night they changed the label to the Music Room.

I visited Windsor Castle last month! The Waterloo Room and St. George's Hall are spectacular - a must-see for anyone interested in British/royal history.

:previous: What a wonderful experience for you! I was drooling just watching the documentary. I can only imagine how splendid it must be when you are actually there.

Yes, I've read the same thing about the TRH The Duke and Duchess of York name plate at Andrew's suite at BP - as well as the large teddybear that went along for the carriage ride with Sarah and Andrew after their wedding, which still sits at the end of the corridor that leads to Prince Andrew's private office per The Guardian.

It's lovely that Sarah and Andrew have such a good relationship. Obviously, this July 23 would have been their 30th wedding anniversary.

Mmm seems like she will fit in well with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom