Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too bad a dress, could of been a bit longer as women her age shouldn't wear dresses to far above the knees and the shoes are a not going with this outfit. They are overkill, a plain simple black pump would of been much better and showed off the entire outfit in a better light. Wonder if she went alone to this event?

It's a nice dress but it doesn't really do anything for her.

LaRae

I like the dress, although it doesn't seem quite big enough in the bodice. The area above the top it is too fleshy. I think that a plain pump would have been nicer as well, but the butterfly motif seems to be some kind of personal statement for Sarah. I think that her hair and make-up are nice here. All in all, this is one of her better looks IMO.:flowers:

It's okay but maybe she needs a better undergarment. The top of this dress does nothing for her. I like the shoes.

Where is Sarah Margaret spending the Christmas holidays? :poinsettia:

We don't know. She is a private citizen and so her decision on where to spend this holiday isn't made known.

We do know that Andrew and the girls will join her soon, if they haven't already done so. They normally leave Sandringham on Boxing Day and spend New Year with her somewhere overseas.

Most of the royals will have left Sandringham by now as only the Wessex's stay. Charles goes to Scotland for New Year - usually leaving on Boxing Day. Harry and William normally leave that early as well to go and be with their friends, or in William's case with Kate's family but as they are now at Anmer Hall he will be seeing more of The Queen and Philip than he has done in the last decade when he has left either on Boxing Day or not gone at all.

By now The Queen will have only Edward, Sophie, Louise and James staying in the big house with her and Philip and any other new guests - often some of The Queen's Bowes-Lyons relatives or Philip's sisters' children or grandchildren come and visit during the next 7 weeks that they are there.

The Linley's and Chatto's also often make a visit in the years when they don't attend Christmas with Aunt Lilibet - such as this year.

Of course there are always exceptions to the 'normally' and 'usually' scenarios so it is possible that some who would 'normally' leave on Boxing Day could be staying longer this year or the opposite - the Wessex's leave early.

Sarah hasn't been at Sandringham since the mid-90s so it is nearly 20 years since she has seen her daughters on Christmas Day.

Last edited:
For several years Sarah was on the Estate at Christmas so it's more then likely she did get to see the girls on Christmas day. After church and lunch there would be plenty of time for them to visit. Sarah has often told this story for sympathy but she has admitted to being there just not in the big house. I don't see the Queen inviting Sarah then not allowing the girls to spend any time with her that would be mean and silly and the Queen is neither.

I agree. That's likely where she is, staying at the usual place on the Sandringham Estate. :flowers:

She hasn't stayed on the Sandringham estate for years. She did from the time of the separation until a few years after the divorce but since then hasn't been invited to stay on the estate at all. She usually goes overseas - to the snow and the girls and Andrew join her immediately after Christmas.

When she did stay on the estate the girls would walk across and see her for a couple of hours on Christmas Day but now she has Christmas away from her family - and in 2010 she spent it alone due to not being able to leave before the weather stopped flights. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-No-Andrew-No-Eugenie-Bea-Just-servants.html

This report is from 2012 - again she was overseas for Christmas http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/976...Duchess-of-York-are-left-out-in-the-cold.html

Last edited:
In Finding Sarah, filmed in 2011, Sarah said to Suze Orman, in a throwaway remark, that she hadn't spent Christmas with her girls in 12 years, which would put 1999 as the last year she was a guest on the Sandringham Estate. Suze pushed her to say that it wasn't okay, which Sarah resisted, saying "it's not okay, but it has to be."

She's been in Klosters, Switzerland, the last few Christmastimes, in a chalet of Paddy McNally's, which Andrew and the girls come to for New Year's Eve.

Sarah also said she never tried to sell access to Prince Andrew. Plenty of stories about Sarah staying at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate over Christmas. Even a story about Sarah being charged for a tree and the girls laundry for the time they stayed with her that was in 2007. Sarah has chosen to go to Switzerland to celebrate then the girls meet her there. Divorced parents always have agreements and these two get on so well it must off been ok with the both of them to do things this way. Sarah loves playing the victim.

Sometimes it seems like people are so hardened by their dislike of Sarah that they don't keep things in perspective.

Divorced parents usually do have some type of arrangements where they switch off for weekends, holidays, important events, etc. In other words, Andrew might have them for Christmas this year but next year the girls are with their mother for Christmas but that is certainly not the case with Beatrice and Eugenie. In the past a happy medium was that Sarah was allowed to stay on the estate and she should see them later on but really, now it appears she prefers to wait for them in Switzerland.

If this any other divorced mother, people would wonder why she doesn't get her daughters at all for the Christmas holiday. Did I miss something...has she been convicted of a crime...while the Queen has custody...it isn't like she lost her kids to the system because of her actions.

Hardly playing the victim. Of course, I recognize that the girls are the Queen's granddaughters , but I've always thought it was blatantly unfair.

Both the girls are adults now. If they wanted why not just tell Granny that they are spending Christmas with their Mum this year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree with that assessment as well.

They are grown now and they can easily miss a year a two....but when they were younger....I do believe that it was an unfair arrangement. Sometimes I wonder if it wasn't Andrew who pushed they are royal princesses that need to be seen EVERY YEAR.

For the record, I believe the Queen has grown more tolerant for lack of a better word of other families involve d with the Windsors. And that is why you see Sophie's dad or the Middleton's....as opposed to Mark Phillips family who felt like he dropped off the face of the planet because they hardly saw him anymore after he married Anne.

Last edited:
Sarah also said she never tried to sell access to Prince Andrew. Plenty of stories about Sarah staying at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate over Christmas. Even a story about Sarah being charged for a tree and the girls laundry for the time they stayed with her that was in 2007. Sarah has chosen to go to Switzerland to celebrate then the girls meet her there. Divorced parents always have agreements and these two get on so well it must off been ok with the both of them to do things this way. Sarah loves playing the victim.
I absolutely, totally and fundamentally disagree with you on this point.

Yes things were pretty sad for Sarah over Christmas because I believe royal tradition trumped Christmas with mum. In the early years she was at least on the estate and did see the girls over Christmas. But the Yorks, all of them, created their own holiday tradition and that is New Year celebrations in the snow.

Sarah has never, ever, publically disrespected her ex-husband's family nor indeed her ex-husband himself let alone played the victim. She and Andrew have handled their divorce with a whole lot more grace than many people handle their marriages. They have their own traditions and it suits them.

:previous:

I wish Sarah wouldn't talk about the Cambridges. By her own admission she hasn't spoken to William since 1996 and has never met Catherine, so to discuss the couple is quite cringe worthy - even though she used very sweet words.

I did laugh at the look on Sarah's face when Meredith said the new baby would be a girl named Diana. You could tell she thought Meredith was gullible for believing the British tabloids.

Last edited by a moderator:
The media asks the questions and it is polite to answer. The media should stop asking every royal about other royals.

I wish Sarah wouldn't talk about the Cambridges. By her own admission she hasn't spoken to William since 1996 and has never met Catherine, so to discuss the couple is quite cringe worthy - even though she used very sweet words.

I totally get what you're saying, but if she had declined to answer the question, people would have been all over her for being rude and the media would have claimed there was some sort of feud between her and the Cambridges. While I admit I sighed a little watching it (why does she do these talkshows in the first place?), I do think she answered politely and appropriately.

Last edited:
Sarah said nothing wrong, and she answered every question very nicely.

Prince George of Cambridge, General News and Information: December 2014

The media asks the questions and it is polite to answer. The media should stop asking every royal about other royals.

Her people only need to say to the media .. She will not be answering any question about William etc of course no one would want to talk to her then. So that would be the end of Sarah living off the royals And bye bye Sarah

If people keep answering questions about the royals the media will keep asking. That is the job of the media. Interview, investigate , report.

Last edited:
She could have said that she isn't personally familiar with the couple, but that she has only heard lovely things.
I had no problem with her discussing Diana. She has authority on the subject and is one of the few who can give good insights on the late PssoW. But she has no background with the Cambridge's and shouldn't pretend otherwise. Cringe worthy name dropping of people you don't know.

She could have said that she isn't personally familiar with the couple, but that she has only heard lovely things.
I had no problem with her discussing Diana. She has authority on the subject and is one of the few who can give good insights on the late PssoW. But she has no background with the Cambridge's and shouldn't pretend otherwise. Cringe worthy name dropping of people you don't know.

Sarah has known William since he was a baby and she has met Catherine. She know these people and she knows what's going on in their lives. She said nothing wrong and she only told what she know.

Sarah has known William since he was a baby and she has met Catherine. She know these people and she knows what's going on in their lives. She said nothing wrong and she only told what she know.

Wrong. She has never met Catherine, she has admitted this in the recent past. She has not spoken to William since he was 14, she does not know them.

Sarah and others in the family should turn the tables on the media when they try to make everything about the Cambridge family and say, 'Zara won silver in the Olympics and she is training for the Rio Olympics in hopes of a gold. Do cheer for Zara at the next Olympics.'

I'm sure that will derail the person.

Sarah and others in the family should turn the tables on the media when they try to make everything about the Cambridge family and say, 'Zara won silver in the Olympics and she is training for the Rio Olympics in hopes of a gold. Do cheer for Zara at the next Olympics.'

I'm sure that will derail the person.

I would love that. The Cambridges would probably love it too.

Right in that sentence is the reason Sarah answered questions about the Cambridges. To answer them perpetrates the fallacy that Sarah is royal. That and the media still using her courtesy title of Sarah, Duchess of York incorrectly and addressing her as the Duchess of York.

Right now it seems the talk show circuit is Sarah's cash cow. She is the closest thing to the British Royal Family they can sign up and pump for information she most likely doesn't have. :D

From the times

In her seemingly endless quest to make money, Sarah, Duchess of York, has had little hesitation using her title to generate sales.
This week, though, she landed herself in trouble after appearing to use the name of Britain’s foremost scientific university to lend credibility to a promotion for her new diet system.
The duchess told NBC’s Today show during an interview to promote her “emulsifier” programme that she was aware of the dangers of obesity through her work as an ambassador for the Institute of Global Health Improvement at Imperial College London.
Last night she apologised for “any misunderstanding”

Does she never stop.

But wait there's more I think there is a set of steak knives too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nces-Duchess-York-uses-promote-soup-diet.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom