The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah, Duchess of York presents the award for Classic BRITs Icon during the 2018 Classic BRIT Awards held at Royal Albert Hall on June 13 in London

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...ss%20of%20York

https://www.gettyimages.de/search/ev...ssettype=image

Old 06-14-2018, 01:15 AM
Administrator

How nice that she was invited to present the award to her old friend!

** dailymail: A symphony of style! Sarah Ferguson looks her glamorous best as she congratulates Andrea Bocelli..**

Old 07-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of York for her work in Nepal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlGOhReH...arahferguson15

Sarah seen arriving at Art's Club, Dover Street on 20 July

https://www.profimedia.cz/similar/378785198

Article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...on-bottle.html
Old 07-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

I'm no fashion expert, but wouldn't she look better in a heel when attending these functions??
These silly flat shoes that she seems to be so fond of remind me of a pair of carpet slippers from M&S!
Old 07-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Courtier

There are very pretty, dressy flats if she is no longer comfortable wearing heels on a regular basis. I’ve had to swear them off entirely, but still manage to dress in nice shoes for nice events.

But she does seem to almost exclusively wear loafers that look like men’s bedroom slippers. I guess she’s decided it’s her quirk.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Speaking from the perspective of an (ahem) "mature" woman with knee issues, heels as I grew older became something to sigh at as I glance in my closet. The higher the heel, the greater the chance of ending up in the emergency room for me.

Personally, I think flats are just as acceptable as a heel would be for women and they're far more comfortable.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-21-2018, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quite a nice simple look from Sarah. I can imagine that her shoes with "drink me" on them were for a bit of fun but they just seem odd and rather silly to me. But perhaps I'm a party pooper - it just looks like she's come out in her slippers!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-21-2018, 07:32 PM
Courtier

I’m a party pooper with you...she looks silly.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

She looked pretty nice at Harry's wedding and she was in heels I think. I find most of her looks now days are not that great for her so it's nice when she pops up wearing something really good.

LaRae
Old 07-21-2018, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

There are appropriate flats to be had for this type of occasion. These could be saved for a more casual fun evening. I just think this is the same kind of thing that Sarah has done all her life .... make foolish choices and then end up looking foolish. She just never seems to grow up. OR something like this gets her the attention she wants. But as others have said it just makes her look silly.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
I'm no fashion expert, but wouldn't she look better in a heel when attending these functions??
These silly flat shoes that she seems to be so fond of remind me of a pair of carpet slippers from M&S!
Sarah definitely has issues with her feet and/or knees (a few years ago I recall she had surgery on both feet) and rarely wears heels, and when she does wear them she looks both uncomfortable and unsteady. She wore heels to Harry's wedding and to her most recent appearance at Ascot. When she curtsied to Her Majesty at Ascot she held Princess Beatrice's hand and it definitely looked like she needed Beatrice to help with her balance.

Flats are far more comfortable and far easier to walk in. Sarah has been a runner for years and I wouldn't be at all surprised if her knees have taken a beating over the years.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah expresses her support to Greece during a visit in Athens yesterday 25 July and meets with the minister of Tourism.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blq_IPpH...arahferguson15

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...isit_to_greece

Article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wildfires.html
Old 07-29-2018, 07:05 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

At 65 pages, it is time for a new thread:
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 19: July 2018