Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the advantage would be that they would be allowed to appear together in public again. Right now as we see, at the wedding for example, Sarah had to sit apart from her family. Eventually Eugenie and Jack will have children and Sarah's grandchildren will be royal, but she still won't be allowed to sit with them or appear with them at royal functions...even though she lives with Andrew. I would think that would be a very awkward situation that remarriage could help them avoid.

There won't be another large BRF royal wedding until George marries. She'll be at her daughter's wedding. When it comes time for James and Louise, it won't be televised, so they can do whatever they want. The only thing would be Christmas. But Andrew and the girls jet off to Switzerland pretty soon after the Queen's speech anyways. And once the Queen passes, who knows which way Andrew and the girls will choose to spend Christmas. And I don't know if Eugenie's children would be attending many royal functions.

...Eventually Eugenie and Jack will have children and Sarah's grandchildren will be royal, but she still won't be allowed to sit with them or appear with them at royal functions...even though she lives with Andrew. I would think that would be a very awkward situation that remarriage could help them avoid.
Sarah and Andrew’s grandchildren will not be HRHs. They will be part of the extended Royal family as are Zara & Peter’s children currently.
In ten years or so, when Charles is king, we may see many changes such as no extended Royal family on the balcony at trooping and fewer members invited to Sandringham for Christmas, etc..
If Sarah were to remarry and officially become Royal again she’d need to be far more discreet in her money making schemes and most likely curtail her globe trotting ways.
I think Andrew feels responsible for Sarah and is fond of her, but I don’t believe he has any desire to marry her again. Sarah drives that narrative when she is between boyfriends, IMO.

This is from about a month ago but it just appeared on my youtube account...
Fergie walked out of an Australian 60 minutes interview as they were asking about the cash for access to Andrew scandal. She doesn't seem to want to talk about it all!

Sorry if has been discussed before, I looked and couldn't see it

Why is she doing these interviews in the first place?

LaRae

That's the last thing she needs to be doing.

LaRae

Why is she doing these interviews in the first place?

LaRae

I'm not quite sure this is new. If you find the whole interview, it says in the title it's from 2013. I also looked on 60 Minutes Australia's Twitter to see if it was publicized, and it was not, especially around the date the video was posted.

Fergie is doing her PR through social media. She just gushed how wonderful Andrew looked for the Trooping. She's getting feedback that she and Andrew should remarry, which I think is her end game. Fergie want back into the Royal enclosure, and as 7th in line to the throne Andrew doesn't need the queen's permission to marry Sarah. Unless there are other issues there's nothing to stop them.

I forgot the sale of access of Andrew by Fergie, and I can see the BRF fired up over that. It didn't carry over on Harry and Meghan's wedding and I trust it won't spill to Eugenie's wedding. BTW, does Fergie have to curtsy to Meghan whether Andrew is there or not?

I don't see Andrew and Sarah remarrying any time soon. I think they're both happy with the way things are right now and it works for them. Why fix something that isn't broken? Sarah remarrying back into the royal family would also put restrictions and expectations on her that she balked at the first time around.

She has a good relationship with Andrew and they form a family unit in spite of being divorced. She has a good relationship with the Queen. Like Beatrice and Eugenie, she has the best of both worlds as a private citizen and I don't see her giving that up any time soon.

I agree...I don't think they will ever remarry. There's no need to and she doesn't want to be the focus that she would be as the actual Duchess of York again.

LaRae

I agree...I don't think they will ever remarry. There's no need to and she doesn't want to be the focus that she would be as the actual Duchess of York again.

LaRae

I think she'd remarry him tomorrow, but he isn't interested and he knows that the family would never tolerate her as more than an occasional visitor..

I just don't see it. Feelings for Andrew aside...I don't think she wants to go back to the duties and obligations. Let alone the chilly family relations.

LaRae

Is Sarah considered a member of the Royal Family? I've read different responses. The first response is that because she is no longer a HRH she isn't a member of the royal family anymore. However, she is listed on the Royal Family's website on the list of members by the Lord Chamberlain's office. I also read but that doesn't mean it's correct that at the time of the Diamond Jubilee the Lord Chamberlain said that Sarah was a member of the royal family in her own right. Hopefully someone on here knows the answer to it.

Is Sarah considered a member of the Royal Family? I've read different responses. The first response is that because she is no longer a HRH she isn't a member of the royal family anymore. However, she is listed on the Royal Family's website on the list of members by the Lord Chamberlain's office. I also read but that doesn't mean it's correct that at the time of the Diamond Jubilee the Lord Chamberlain said that Sarah was a member of the royal family in her own right. Hopefully someone on here knows the answer to it.

The Lord Chamberlain's guide to the use of royal arms, names and images is still posted (https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/files/media/annex_d_-_royal_family.pdf) and Sarah is listed (albeit dead last) as a member of the Royal Family.

This list is longer and takes more people into account like Princess Margaret's children and the non-HRH grandchildren and their children. This might be simply to protect all of those names and images from commercial exploitation, but it's there in black and white.

I never say never for Andrew and Sarah. Everybody deserves love and happiness. Only one life to live, so live it to the fullest.

I just don't see it. Feelings for Andrew aside...I don't think she wants to go back to the duties and obligations. Let alone the chilly family relations. LaRae

Neither do I. :flowers: Right now Sarah has the best of all worlds. Her daughters are devoted to her, her ex-husband amiable and agreeable, and she is soon to have grandchildren (we can assume). Why would she want to plunge back into the royal world where she knows she will be roasted daily in the tabloid press. Nope. ;)

The only possibility I see is that maybe she will find herself invited to events once Charles is king, but even that I doubt as Eugenie marries and has her children, then Beatrice, and the Yorks as an extended family have their own celebrations at holidays rather than attending royal ones. Isn't this what some of the Queen's extended family already do? So it will happen with the Yorks one would suppose.

I never say never for Andrew and Sarah. Everybody deserves love and happiness. Only one life to live, so live it to the fullest.

She would never be accepted as his wife again..

I just don't see it. Feelings for Andrew aside...I don't think she wants to go back to the duties and obligations. Let alone the chilly family relations.

LaRae

no she wouldn't want the duties, but I think she'd put up with htem, because life hasn't been easily for her financially since she left Andrew.. but its not IMO going to happen

Last edited by a moderator:

This I have to agree with. There would be backlash as being a true "sponger" by living free and clear of "royal responsibilities" and rejoining the "clan" when she and Andrew are nearly at the age of winding down and retiring and perhaps not really even needed in Charles' reign.

So, its not only not being welcomed once again as Andrew's wife by the family and "Firm" but her acceptance as a royal Duchess once again by the citizens of the UK would be thought of as preposterous. It would make Camilla's non-acceptance by the people look like a piece of cake compared to Sarah. :D

Camilla is accepted.. Sarah wouldn't be.. and I think that the RF certainly would not welcome her. NOr would Andrew be eager to tie himself donwn In marriage again

People would accept her, if people would learn to let go of the past and allow two older people to live their lives with some happiness. It’s 2018 and folks are still holding on to 1992 for dear life. My God, “let it go!...Let it go!” As the Frozen song say.

Last edited:
People would accept her, if people would learn to let go of the past and allow two older people to live their lives with some happiness. It’s 2018 and folks are still holding on to 1992 for dear life. My God, “let it go!...Let it go!” As the Frozen song say.

I seriously don't believe the people would accept her as Andrew's wife again for the main reason being that this is the Royal Family and the "Firm" that she would be joining, once again, after having royally (pun intended) messed it all up the first time around.

If they were plain ol' Ms. Sarah Ferguson and Mr. Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, there'd be no problems whatsoever but add in the institution of the monarchy and things change drastically. ;)

I seriously don't believe the people would accept her as Andrew's wife again for the main reason being that this is the Royal Family and the "Firm" that she would be joining, once again, after having royally (pun intended) messed it all up the first time around.

If they were plain ol' Ms. Sarah Ferguson and Mr. Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, there'd be no problems whatsoever but add in the institution of the monarchy and things change drastically. ;)

Sarah and Andrew’s life was completely different when they were first married. They’ve grown older, experienced and are in a much different place in their lives. I’m sure lessons have been learned and they see fit to give it the old college try again, why should anyone stand in their way?

The only reasons why C&C were given another chance is not only due the strong and fighting campaign they put up, but because folks simply allowed two older people the chance to move on from the past and get on with their lives together.

If a couple want to move on and live the rest of their lives together in union, folks should let things be and let people get on with things. With all that’s going on in the world, happiness should be celebrated, not killed off because others have decided that they don’t want to let go of the past.

Hell, the man and woman pretty much still live as husband and wife at Royal Lodge. Why not let the folks put a ring on it?

Last edited:
Sarah and Andrew’s life was completely different when they were first married. They’ve grown older, experienced and are in a much different place in their lives. I’m sure lessons have been learned and they see fit to give it the old college try again, why should anyone stand in their way?

Both Sarah and Andrew have not lived exemplary lives and out of the press though since the early days. From the angle I'm looking at it from, they're both a long way from people thinking they've "learned their lesson".

I just don't think they'd be accepted as a royal couple at all. They do, however, have the right to do whatever they please and take their relationship wherever they want it to go regardless of opinion. There's no one to stand in their way at all but that doesn't mean that people are going to accept it as a good thing. ;)

Except, do you think Fergie can really like her life to the fullest as a royal duchess? She'd have restrictions and responsibilities. Neither of which she does too well with.

The only reasons why C&C were given another chance is not only due the strong and fighting campaign they put up, but because folks simply allowed two older people the chance to move on from the past and get on with their lives together.

If a couple want to move on and live the rest of their lives together in union, folks should let things be and let people get on with things. With all that’s going on in the world, happiness should be celebrated, not killed off because others have decided that they don’t want to let go of the past.

Hell, the man and woman pretty much still live as husband and wife at Royal Lodge. Why not let the folks put a ring on it?

It's not the same as C&C. I think while there is a large group that resented Camilla's role in the Wales' marriage, there is another group to recognized they were the one for each other and couldn't marry because of "expectations". Not the case for Andrew and Fergie.

And Camilla has been exemplary since marrying Charles in terms of how she's behaved as a royal. The woman really has not put a foot wrong and she still has the highest net negative approvals in a lot of polls. She is still hated by some. Camilla also has never has sale for access issues. Aside from her affair with Charles, you really can't say she has done anything wrong. We can't expect Fergie to behave as well as Camilla has. I realize that people can't hold something that happened years ago if it's a one time thing, but with Sarah, screwing up is never a one time thing. She just doesn't show good judgment and can't hold up under scrutiny. And it's a tricky line to walk when you are that close to the throne, but not quite at the pinnacle.

Last edited by a moderator:
her acceptance as a royal Duchess once again by the citizens of the UK would be thought of as preposterous.

I agree. I wouldn't accept her,and no-one I know would either. In short she 'blew it' once [in the most publicly humiliating manner POSSIBLE], and she won't get a second chance with the British public, because of it.

And one more thing, being a member of the BRF, especially one of the ones with close link to the monarchy, means you have to realize some things in life are bigger than just you. I don't think Sarah is good at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom