Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
I thought she was going to spend most of her time at that chalet in Switzerland?
She's never there, always out and about at some event.

Wonder who pays for it all? Andrew? Her daughters? Or the event planners wanting publicity?

What happened to her taking murdoch to court over her cash for access with prince Andrew saga

I am not always on TRF for long stretches and this may have already been discussed but there was a point some time back when someone was getting out of jail and was threatening to write a tell-all book about Sarah that would have been (it was assumed) quite damaging: what became of all that? Anyone recall that, and the outcome? :ermm:

I am not always on TRF for long stretches and this may have already been discussed but there was a point some time back when someone was getting out of jail and was threatening to write a tell-all book about Sarah that would have been (it was assumed) quite damaging: what became of all that? Anyone recall that, and the outcome? :ermm:

You are speaking about Jane Andrews I assume, Fergie's personal dresser at one point. The woman went to prison in 2001 for murdering her boyfriend, and ordered to spend 12 years in prison. It was reported back in 2008 that she planned to write a tell all book if she got out on parole. She didn't get out on parole. She escaped prison at some point, and ended up serving 14 years in prison, being released in 2015.

Fergie is haunted by killer | Adam Helliker | Columnists | Comment | Express.co.uk

She was reported to say she wanted a tv movie made and still planned a book, when released 2 years ago. But it doesn't seem either came to be.

Fergie's killer aide Jane Andrews writing her life story - and she wants Meryl Streep to play her in movie - Mirror Online

Considering she was stealing from Sarah before she murdered her boyfriend, and was charged with fraud, even if such a book came out, would have to be taken with a dump truck of salt. I believe she was also diagnosed as bi-polar which is why she got off with such a sentence for a very brutal murder.

:previous: Thank you, Countessmeout. :flowers: Given all that she may find it hard to find a publisher willing to risk lawsuits and what-all. How could she be trusted not to lie and possibly libel? Truth from fiction might be hard to ascertain. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Much nicer attire than we've seen more recently! She looks quite good in that one.

LaRae

Oh no - fingers crossed for all concerned that she doesn't make a mess of things......again!

I often wonder “what’s next “ when Eugenie moves into KP and mother comes a visiting...

It's not likely to happen, but I think Sarah would look great with toned down hair, maybe streaked with blondish auburn and dark highlights. :flowers: Or even white-silver hair. I think she'd look smashing with the latter! Would not age her at all.

Why does she have to be seen so much? No one would have to ponder her hair colour if she dropped out of sight for a while and gave her daughters a break.

:previous: What on earth are you talking about. Why should or would Sarah "drop out of sight", she has a life of her own and is very involved in charity work and is not always accompanied by her daughters. They tend to join her if they are in the same city at the same time.

That the media watch her when they could be watching others, not least HM, POW, Camilla, Anne, Andrew, etc. is a problem that the media create. The ugly heckling and nasty comments under most articles is sickening. The media publish click bait and it is obviously effective.

Marg, if Sarah was less prominent it would be a giant win-win for the entire Royal Family.

How can you not see this?

:previous: I doubt her daughters or ex-husband would agree with you. Sarah is who she is and they love her regardless. Who are we to sit in judgment?

The recent photos of Sarah have emerged because of her involvement with the organization Children in Crisis. I may not think Sarah looks too good, see nothing worthwhile to write about when it comes to her wardrobe, her shoes and her hair, but without Sarah and her involvement, Children in Crisis would not be able to draw in as much funds that they do to keep their organization alive. Children in Crisis has been close to Sarah's heart for decades.

It does seem like Sarah pops up at a lot of charity functions and a lot of times with her daughters. If, because of these people, the charities make even ten more dollars and can help one more person that needs it, its all good.

That, to me, reflects on the people involved that take the time to get involved with these charities and programs. They're not working for the "Firm" but doing what they can to give back. Its actually a good reflection on the British royal family in my book. :D

Marg, if Sarah was less prominent it would be a giant win-win for the entire Royal Family.

How can you not see this?

I disagree with you.

Firstly, Sarah is not seen as often as you imply. She attends charity functions and gets photographed. Rarely does she give an interview these days. But every single time she's out, she's news. And the reason why is that she remains of interest, even if it's negative interest, in the British press. As Sarah once said herself "bad Fergie sells papers."

If Sarah were not a public person and had been properly retired by the Royal Family with a grace and favour home and a monthly stipend to keep her in style, then there would need to be another royal punching bag - another royal bad girl. Sarah simply took over for Princess Michael of Kent, and before her The Duchess of Windsor. If Sarah wasn't around the press would target someone else in the family.

If anything, Sarah taking the heat as she does benefits the Royal Family because she isn't directly tied to them anymore.

Children in Crisis was started by Sarah more than 20 years ago. It continues to do good work because she gets out there on the public stage and promotes it.

One thing that is obvious to me and that is although Sarah is presented as attention grabbing showing up at gala events by the media, she has affiliated herself with some pretty hard core issues and has stuck with them for ages. Children in Crisis, Not For Sale, Not On Our Watch and many, many others.

That takes guts. One thing Sarah does have is a lot of guts. :D

...Maybe they were reading this forum? ;)

Unfortunately, I think that as soon as an article like this appears in the DM, commenters will paint Sarah as 'attention-seeking,' as though she paid for the spot in the DM. In fact, the photos just come from her Instagram...like millions of people, Sarah has one, but the media will notice hers because she's a former member of the royal family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom