Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know from interviews and shows Sarah has appeared in that she rearranges things in her mind, events from her past, so that she appears innocent or naive or at the worst impulsive. Maybe she has deluded herself to such an extent that she believes that she was wronged by this evil rag and the judge and the world will agree that she was taken in by this callous trick and influenced to say the things she did! If she truly does believe that I think she needs more than that one televised angst session with celebrity psychotherapist Pamela Stephenson!

I have wondered for sometime if she needs professional help.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't understand why Andrew or her girls haven't talked her out of it. If her and Andrew still love each other as she keeps telling us surely he would tell to leave it alone after all it reflects on him too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is absolutely ridiculous. This woman needs to be muzzled. Clearly a few years have passed, and yet again, she is out there embarrassing herself.

I actually don't think the BRF care too much as it is so clear that Andrew and the Palace were not involved in any way - just this loose cannon out destroying herself publicly yet again!

I would think that with all the embarrassing publicity Sarah got when the sting was first made public, the last thing in the world she'd want to do is remind everybody of what occurred.

No matter what the result of any lawsuit ends up being, Sarah willingly and knowingly believed that she could sell access to her ex-husband. That is a fact. Whether or not it was entrapment or any other scheme or plot that was drawn up to have this sting happen, is besides the point.

The damage has been done and there's no undoing it in my book.

I would think that with all the embarrassing publicity Sarah got when the sting was first made public, the last thing in the world she'd want to do is remind everybody of what occurred.

No matter what the result of any lawsuit ends up being, Sarah willingly and knowingly believed that she could sell access to her ex-husband. That is a fact. Whether or not it was entrapment or any other scheme or plot that was drawn up to have this sting happen, is besides the point.

The damage has been done and there's no undoing it in my book.

Well said, I could not agree more.

I have wondered for sometime if she needs professional help.

I don't understand why Andrew or her girls haven't talked her out of it. If her and Andrew still love each other as she keeps telling us surely he would tell to leave it alone after all it reflects on him too.

I think Sarah sees an opportunity to fund her lifestyle with her own money without having to beg other people, especially her ex-husband. She's greedy beyond any means.

Osipi is right - no matter if this information was obtained legally or not, it's a fact that Sarah tried to get her hand on money by selling a connection to Andrew what is and remains deeply embarrassing and shameful.

This news was brought up by the Mail several months ago, why are they running the story again?...
According to the article a Judge just ruled that the legal filings are public documents, hence details from the documents such as Sarah's finances before and after the incident can be published.
I actually don't think the BRF care too much as it is so clear that Andrew and the Palace were not involved in any way - just this loose cannon out destroying herself publicly yet again!
In the transcript Sarah clearly claims that Andrew knew what she was up to and suggested what price she should seek for the introduction to him. Sarah claimed afterwards that Andrew knew nothing but this lawsuit drags it all up again including the bit about Andrew knowing. And if he truly knew nothing why did he afterwards bail her out?
Andrew got off easy last time - we'll see if he does this time as well, particularly since Epstein & emails confirming his involvement in the fishy sale of his home have surfaced since Sarah's sheik scandal.

One problem I foresee is the fact that a lawsuit of this kind and for that amount of money is going to require an awful lot of evidence to be brought forward by Sarah in order to prove her case. Judges don't just hand out millions of pounds compensation without going through every single minute bit of evidence and detail.

If this goes ahead, it's not going to be easy and frankly not very nice either.

Maybe Sarah believes she might get an out-of-Court settlement, but I doubt it will be offered to her. It all sounds very much of a gamble to me.

Murdoch will never settle out of court. Fergie pushing the self-destruction button again, bring the popcorn!

How low can she go to get money !:angry::angry:

There is no depth to which Fergie can't sink. (Especially if there is money in question).

As for the issue of entrapment, I agree with this: You can't cheat an honest man.

Pathetical ...
I feel pity for her, really. She will never learn.

OMG - why doesn't she just go away - I thought she'd be sent to a 13 million quid chalet in Verbier?? Wouldn't that suffice for most women her age?

I do feel a bit sorry for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie - they seem like decent enough girls, but are struggling to find a place in the world, stuck in limbo between Royalty and normality.

Never complain, never explain and all that……the poor old Queen Mother must be spinning in her grave!

:previous: If I could be on the fanciful side, I'd suggest that the QM has an ample supply of gin and dubonnet along with cheese and crackers as, being at rest, she can follow the latest episode of "As the Fergie Turns" with uninterrupted peace.

It's Fergie's pattern that she wants money and lots of it without actually physically working for it. I think she believes she can sit back, let her lawyers do all the work for her and she can collect a bundle of cash. She doesn't have a clue of what will be asked of her and I do thing she's under the delusion that everything will be settled out of court and she gets her loot to spend. It's classic Fergie, "I need and want money so how can I get it without putting in any effort on my part."

I should add that if there is a trial, Fergie, more than likely, will be called to testify. Murdoch's lawyers will go after her like a wolf to a rabbit. They'll show her no mercy even if she was married to Prince Andrew and her daughters are the Queen's granddaughters. She'll be torn apart on the stand, Rupert Murdoch's lawyers get down, dirty and ugly.

I should add that if there is a trial, Fergie, more than likely, will be called to testify. Murdoch's lawyers will go after her like a wolf to a rabbit. They'll show her no mercy even if she was married to Prince Andrew and her daughters are the Queen's granddaughters. She'll be torn apart on the stand, Rupert Murdoch's lawyers get down, dirty and ugly.

This absolutely ties it up in a neat little package with festive ribbons. Murdoch has something Sarah doesn't. Wads and wads of cash to afford and pay for the best legal eagles that will earn wads and wads of cash making sure that Sarah does not get wads and wads of cash for something she did that she believed she was going to get wads and wads of cash for.

Money talks. :D

:previous: Fergie obviously believes she can pay for top lawyers or she wouldn't have launched this ridiculous law suit. If it gets to court and lasts for any length of time I fear she will find otherwise. Unless she is hoping for an out of court settlement.

Fergie will probably get the money from Andrew, as she always does.

(She'll run up a huge bill, be unable to pay, and he'll bail her out, following the usual pattern).

Well, she has no. Maybe she gets a yes.
No cure, no pay. En passant she makes the media sweating and enforcing them to face nasty and difficult questions her in Court.

The recent fake-Sheikh case shows that Sarah has a chance indeed.

[...] Murdoch has something Sarah doesn't. Wads and wads of cash to afford and pay for the best legal eagles that will earn wads and wads of cash making sure that Sarah does not get [...]

All Murdoch's money did not prevent his complete and utter defeat which led to the closure of his 168 years old "newspaper" News Of The World.

Why now? Can she kick the Queen even more? The timing is interesting.

All Murdoch's money did not prevent his complete and utter defeat which led to the closure of his 168 years old "newspaper" News Of The World.

This is true. Even with those that have an seemingly endless bank account can be caught with their pants down around their ankles which trips them up and they fall flat on their face. Murdoch had to face consequences of the actions of his publication.

So does Sarah. No matter what happens in court, she knowingly and willingly tried to sell access to her ex-husband.

It looks like Sarah did an interview with our most respected women's magazine "The Australian Women's Weekly" - which comes out monthly despited it's name - when she was recently here.

The editor, Juliet Rieden, has a photo on her twitter account of part of the seven page feature that's out now in the Christmas issue.

(Ms Rieden interviewed Princess Mary of Denmark for other world exclusives for her magazine.)

Three very nice full-page photos of Sarah are in the article - along with other smaller shots.

The one of the Duchess casually dressed outside, against the stone building, is a great photo, a really appealing photo.

Sarah looks happy.

And...

Royal reporter Rebecca English has an article now in the UK version of the "Daily Mail" quoting from the Duchess' Australian magazine interview. (Can't post link.)

Last edited:
Well, Murdoch did suffer a large defeat with the News of the World scandal, but he recovered without a huge dent in his fortune. Just the Fox Media in the US brings in millions if not billions. The loss of the tabloid was nothing to him, but and he shrugged off the anger of the public over the hacked cell phone calls.
The one thing that leaves me shaking my head is Fergie had to be well aware of Sophie and Princess Michael's blunders with the fake "sheikh", the entire world knew, she must just not have the common sense to be especially wary of a strange "businessman" targeting her for a deal that too good to be true. Any of us would be extremely suspicious in the same situation. The truth is, we aren't money hungry. The sensible thing is if she and Andrew need money now......sell that chalet in Verbier. Duh.;)

I can not speak for her but when she was Her Royal Highness The Princess Andrew of the United Kingdom of Great-Britain and Northern Ireland, Duchess of York, Countess of Inverness, Baroness Killyleagh, she became part of -and used to- the absolute top in the social pyramid. Her two daughters are princess of the blood royal. That is a lifestyle one can only imagine.

After the break Sarah has seen total chaos in her personal finances. It must have been quite a traumatic experience: from a daughter i.l. to the Queen to a person besieged by bailiffs. She has bounced back but that experience must have left a deep scar in her: "Never again!" In that cadre I can imagine that Sarah, confronted with all the money, was triggered because of her bitter experiences and showed herself "open for business".

Just a guess from my side.

Last edited:
I think that's a pretty astute guess there as to what Sarah had become accustomed to and then found herself without. I don't know about how things are in the rest of the world for the most part but living in the US, I've heard time and time again that when there's a divorce, a lot of times you'll hear of a settlement that would give one party the means to support themselves in the manner which they have become accustomed to in the marriage.

Maybe the big mistake made to begin with was what Sarah settled for at the time of the divorce? I don't know. All I know by watching is that she's had quite a few ups and downs ever since.

I think that's a pretty astute guess there as to what Sarah had become accustomed to and then found herself without. I don't know about how things are in the rest of the world for the most part but living in the US, I've heard time and time again that when there's a divorce, a lot of times you'll hear of a settlement that would give one party the means to support themselves in the manner which they have become accustomed to in the marriage.

Maybe the big mistake made to begin with was what Sarah settled for at the time of the divorce? I don't know. All I know by watching is that she's had quite a few ups and downs ever since.

I don't think it would matter how much she got in settlement it would be gone very quickly.
One of the reasons I think she has some mental health problems the high of spending money the low of no money and doing whatever to get more.

:previous: Sarah doesn't seem to quite be able to get herself "sorted out". Perhaps the behaviour might have been the same no matter whom she had married and divorced. Try as she might, she can't seem to be able to make a new, independent life for herself. I've thought for a long time that she needs Andrew to run back to when things don't work out for her.

That's one area I don't think Sarah has ever really addressed in her years since her divorce. Sometimes I think she's exhibiting all the signs of a compulsive spender and with the "schemes" she's come up with to generate funds, they do sound for the most part like quick fix schemes to feed a spending habit. A wise investment portfolio that generates money over time would be the sane way to go to have financial security but a compulsive spender needs the cash in hand now.

I don't think it would matter how much she got in settlement it would be gone very quickly.

I agree. How much money would ever be enough?

Fergie seems unable to live within her means, no matter how lavish those means are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom