Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those don't sound so good. There are hundreds of diet drinks on the market and Sarah was running mountains and in a swiss chalet at the time. Most normal folk won't be doing that. It's also one thing to lose weight and another to keep it off for a long time.

No matter what one does, there has never been or will there ever be an easy quick fix for weight loss and healthy living. The larger picture of Sarah in that article really shows the effects on her face. She does not look healthy to me at all and I'd go as far as to say she's looking years older than 54.

You know, I never really looked at the pictures and wow she isn't aging well. If that is what her diet does to you I don't see anything being a big seller. She has looked way better then this makes you wonder what is going on.

She looks definitive older than 54:(
Becomes she an apanage from the british goverment like the other royals?

She looks definitive older than 54:(
Becomes she an apanage from the british goverment like the other royals?

Sarah is not a royal anymore.

The BRF don't get an 'apanage'.

They used to get the Civil List and that was voted for each royal around their 21st birthday to cover their official expenses but that changed in 1992. From 1992 until 2012 The Queen repaid to the government the monies paid from the Civil List to anyone other than herself, her mother or Philip.

In 2012 the system changed again to the Sovereign's Grant which pays the expenses of their official duties, transport and the cost of running the royal palaces.

Andrew was on the Civil List until 2012 but from 1992 until 2012 his mother then repaid that money to the government. Sarah however was never on the Civil List in her own right and after the separation didn't undertake royal duties so there was no reason to even consider her for official duties.

Sarah was reliant on Andrew during her marriage and since then her own earnings and handouts from Andrew, her children, friends and The Queen.

I have to agree with some of what they write. Sarah has done this several times now and generally uses her weight loss to earn money for herself. This diet is for the rich with no jobs and a full staff not ordinary people and Sarah just sounds so shallow repeating the same reasons she has used for the last twenty years. She did the Oprah show clearly she learnt nothing from it and hasn't changed herself. The pictures are awful and going on the recent picture and these there has been lot's of photoshop used. If this was a realistic diet then maybe people would take her more serious, but if she really wants to combat child obesity she needs to be a lot more down to earth. Children need to be able to relate to someone and Sarah doesn't relate to anybody with this latest fad diet of hers and her victim mentality. Somethings never change.

Can't be happy for someone who are at least trying to live a better life, mentality and physically.

I hope Sarah continues to do better things in her life and I think she looks great.

...Sarah has done this several times now and generally uses her weight loss to earn money for herself....clearly she learnt nothing...The pictures are awful....
I wish this site had a thumbs down button. Sarah is no different than any other one trying to lose weight. It is a life long battle and some years you win and others you lose. I haven't seen her selling the teas. As a matter of fact, the article said the teas were only developed for her and are not going to be marketed. I am glad you have no demons to overcome like drinking, smoking or over eating. I imagine perfection can be so boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again .... and then she tells anyone who will listen .. it is a bit embarrassing IMO honestly I agree the photos are not honest.

I wish this site had a thumbs down button. Sarah is no different than any other one trying to lose weight. It is a life long battle and some years you win and others you lose. I haven't seen her selling the teas. As a matter of fact, the article said the teas were only developed for her and are not going to be marketed. I am glad you have no demons to overcome like drinking, smoking or over eating. I imagine perfection can be so boring.
...I've been following the Royal Family my entire life and Sarah hasn't changed at all. She is still doing the same things she has always done and complaining about the same things she did when she did her first big diet over 20 years ago. It's just the same old stuff with Sarah. And if you read the article it's pretty clear Sarah is planning on trying to sell the teas. Creating a product isn't something you do for just one person it takes time and money to do. Down the line we will be seeing Sarah promoting these it's what most of her Hello article was about so I can't honestly see how you think she isn't planning on doing this.

I too have been following the Royal family for more than Princess Diana was in the picture. I really am tired of hearing her bashed all the time. She is a human the same as you and me. I didn't personally attach you. I gave your post a thumbs down. I think it is due time for people who don't like Sarah to leave her alone. So what if she sells her teas? Don't buy them if you don't agree with them. I kind of have a feeling no matter what she did for money it wouldn't be good enough for 3/4 of the world.

...I have every right to my own opinion on Sarah...Others here are actually agreeing with me some are probably too afraid to post their true feelings...
Most of us are fully capable to speak for ourselves. If you have such an aversion for Sarah please don't read the posts here.

Most of us are fully capable to speak for ourselves. If you have such an aversion for Sarah please don't read the posts here.
I don't think we should tell someone not to read posts or state their opinion. We all look at things differently. I think Meadow is mainly objecting to the diet drinks/fad diet issue.
Also the remarks about " it must be nice to be perfect and not have any problems etc." do sound like a personal attack. I am sure it was not meant to be.
I don't agree with many things that Sarah DOY has done over the years but she has tried to raise her daughters. From what I see they are doing very well. And she keeps a positive relationship with P. Andrew-also a good thing.

:previous: Well said. Sarah, with all her flaws, either self or media attributed is a fascinating woman. While many pontificate on her myriad shortcomings I always look at her daughters and think, "look at them, they look great, so happy and confident, they seem to almost always be smiling".

So whatever they are pitching about Sarah I think she must have done more than a few things right. Her children are walking, talking, proof that they are the product of a really good upbringing. They both behave well and seem to have been gifted with sunny natures. And yes, even Prince Andrew seems to frown a whole lot less when Sarah is around.

It is clear that Sarah is loved by her family and a whole lot of media misery does not seem to get her down too much. Yes she has had a lifetime battle with weight, so do hundreds of thousands of other women, which is why she sells. She is just like them, she battles. Sometimes she wins and sometimes she loses, but she always seems to bounce back, flaws and all with her family around her.

I am no fan of Sarah. I am also reasonably sure she will be flogging those teas in a few months time, and this was just a precursor. That sais, I have absolutely no problem in her doing so. I would much rather she promote a product and try and make some money (like a C-list celeb), than try and sponge off Andrew or try and sell access to him.

I am no fan of Sarah. I am also reasonably sure she will be flogging those teas in a few months time, and this was just a precursor. That sais, I have absolutely no problem in her doing so. I would much rather she promote a product and try and make some money (like a C-list celeb), than try and sponge off Andrew or try and sell access to him.

Well-said!
That is mostly how I feel as well.

Although...I have to say (and this is not really directed at Fergie but is meant in a general sense) I really am sick of people boring on and on about weight loss! It's just relentless, with new diets springing up every day and reams of media coverage. It would be nice to have a break! ;)

Then you will be pleased to know that, at least according to this
Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson shows off slimmed-down look after years of weight woes - 3am & Mirror Online , she received six figures for the Hello photo shoot/interview.
The teas may or may not ever materialize as a commercial venture, she's had many marketing projects through the years that never happened, and the company Hartmoor(?) she formed to market products she endorsed had to fold due to debts.
The Hello photos are the result of getting the lighting just right, going heavy on the make up, carefully selecting flattering poses and then airbrushing the final print. Bad timing for Hello that only a week or two before the on the street photo was in daylight w/ no airbrushing, showing what she really looks like.

:previous: Well said. Sarah, with all her flaws, either self or media attributed is a fascinating woman. While many pontificate on her myriad shortcomings I always look at her daughters and think, "look at them, they look great, so happy and confident, they seem to almost always be smiling".

So whatever they are pitching about Sarah I think she must have done more than a few things right. Her children are walking, talking, proof that they are the product of a really good upbringing. They both behave well and seem to have been gifted with sunny natures. And yes, even Prince Andrew seems to frown a whole lot less when Sarah is around.

It is clear that Sarah is loved by her family and a whole lot of media misery does not seem to get her down too much. Yes she has had a lifetime battle with weight, so do hundreds of thousands of other women, which is why she sells. She is just like them, she battles. Sometimes she wins and sometimes she loses, but she always seems to bounce back, flaws and all with her family around her.

Couldn't agree more! Her children are a fabulous legacy!

. . . . . . The Hello photos are the result of getting the lighting just right, going heavy on the make up, carefully selecting flattering poses and then airbrushing the final print. Bad timing for Hello that only a week or two before the on the street photo was in daylight w/ no airbrushing, showing what she really looks like.
And the possibility that particular photo has been, hmmm, shall we say enhanced to further promote their agenda has not crossed anyone else's mind? :ermm: :whistling:

I saw some old photos of her earlier years with Prince Andrew and couldn't help to think how unfortunate it was for them to not be able to make things work between them. They had obviously loved each other very much - so much that sometimes it seems they never moved on with their lives to the point they have never grown up, never learning from their mistakes. Everybody has shortcomings, life imposes limits, we have to accept that first in order to move on with life and improve the issues we are able to control. If I were her friend I would tell her "let it go ! Love and accept yourself for who you are and not for who you think you are or should be."

Last edited:
And the possibility that particular photo has been, hmmm, shall we say enhanced to further promote their agenda has not crossed anyone else's mind? :ermm: :whistling:

Actually it did, and they likely chose the least flattering shot, but unfortunately, after a certain age full on sunlight and an unflattering angle are all it takes. This is the reason I have absolute delete rights over my shutter happy son's photos of myself - a luxury those in the public eye don't have.

The extraordinary transformation of the Duchess of York from frump to magazine cover girl has made her the envy of millions of would-be dieters.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal the secret of her recent dramatic weight loss – eating venison for breakfast, shredded broccoli in place of pasta, thick, green spinach smoothies and avocado mixed with cacao powder as a special treat.

The 54-year-old Duchess, who has had a life-long struggle with weight, lost a remarkable three stone in just eight weeks after holing up in a luxury chalet in the Swiss ski resort of Verbier, together with a private chef and personal trainer Josh Salzmann.

The bizarre secrets of how Fergie lost the fat: Venison for breakfast, chocolate avocados, four-hour 'Nordic' walks... and hiding from Prince Philip | Mail Online

This has got to be one of the most positive articles written about Sarah in a very long time and for those millions of envious would be dieters, the secret is in plain sight and won't cost an arm and a leg and bring on financial ruin going to the Swiss Alps.

"Asked about the secrets of his programme, Josh said the key was simple: regular exercise, plenty of rest, and eating half a dozen small meals a day, as well as foregoing processed foods, sugar, saturated fat, alcohol and wheat gluten."

This article also reinforces what a lot of us have known for decades. Sarah has a warm heart and a compassionate soul.

I adore your post n' Sarah is also loved by thousands of devoted fans for decades! If my Darling has financial trouble again, i cud marry her anytime n' provide everything for her..i love her that much! Sarah, mail me here sweetheart..mail me incognito. ;) hihihi

Your eternally devoted servant,
Sebastian :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom