Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds interesting and I wonder how well the book will do, as in my very humble opinion, it sounds a bit like 'the same old story'. Also I do wish the PRs could get ir right; Sarah is not 'Sarah THE Duchess of York'; she lost the right to be THE duchess on her divorce; she is simpley Sarah, Duchess of York.

I feel much the same as Alex. Plus, it's obvious a tie in for the series about to be launched on OWN, so how much is this book Sarah "finding herself" yet again or how much of it is getting her image out there again in the public eye?

I like Sarah, but she needs *real* help to deal w/her problems. It's time to deal w/all the issues and grow up.

I feel much the same as Alex. Plus, it's obvious a tie in for the series about to be launched on OWN, so how much is this book Sarah "finding herself" yet again or how much of it is getting her image out there again in the public eye?

I like Sarah, but she needs *real* help to deal w/her problems. It's time to deal w/all the issues and grow up.

True, but if she "grows up" then she's less newsworthy.;)

This sounds interesting and I wonder how well the book will do, as in my very humble opinion, it sounds a bit like 'the same old story'. Also I do wish the PRs could get ir right; Sarah is not 'Sarah THE Duchess of York'; she lost the right to be THE duchess on her divorce; she is simpley Sarah, Duchess of York.

Her Twitter account is also "SarahTheDuchess." I suspect it's a lost cause.

She is still whiny- oh I work 24/7 to pay for my staff, seems like she's blaming her having to work on her staff. And she's staying at the penthouse sweet.....Sorry but i was a Sarah fan and now not so much .....

The line the article where she says "Andrew knows I could never sell him out. That's why he is still with me" turns my stomach. IAO she sold him out the moment she cheated on him while they were still married & over the years the hits just kept on coming.

I never wanted to think that Andrew really was for the lack of a better words that dumb & blind.

I also think Sarah is hanging on to the life she ruined.

The line the article where she says "Andrew knows I could never sell him out. That's why he is still with me" turns my stomach. IAO she sold him out the moment she cheated on him while they were still married & over the years the hits just kept on coming.

I never wanted to think that Andrew really was for the lack of a better words that dumb & blind.

I also think Sarah is hanging on to the life she ruined.

That article was Ouch! She will never change.

That article was Ouch! She will never change.

Sadly, I believe you are correct. Why should she change? As long as Sarah keeps messing up Andrew and their daughters will keep coming to her aid...she remains the center of their attention and gets lots of ink in the press. It would be nice to think that she would now behave herself and live quietly in the background. But that will NEVER happen. Sarah reminds me of a child who will misbehave just to get attention. :bang:

I always thought Sarah got a rough deal in the marriage to Andrew.
She was not allowed to be a navy wife and follow him and was
left alone to immediately carry on appointments, etc. And then the poor
divorce settlement.

Both her and Andrew are to blame for how things turned out.

BUT WHY OH WHY CAN SHE NOT JUST STOP GIVING INTERVIEWS AND
JUST GET ON WITH A LIFE OF HER OWN.

She has worn us out and used up all our sympathy.

You must remember that when Sarah made a fool of herself with John Bryan, she was a "separated" woman. I will agree that she made a mistake being photographed. It's one thing to be separated from your husband, quite another to have ridiculous pictures splashed everywhere. If you must carry on an affair, do so quietly and with discretion. You have to remember Diana did the same, only she kept it under wraps. :whistling:

The thing is, Sarah wants to be a part of a group/society to which she really does not belong. She somehow manages to keep appearing at various events as though she is some sort of "special person" and she is not. She is merely the ex-wife of the Duke of York and the Mother of Beatrice and Eugenie and that does NOT qualify her as a special person in society. She loves the press attention, I suspect she truly feels she is nothing without it. Her girls are adults and yet she still manages to hold their hands in public as if they were children and in this case she is the child. I don't see her letting go of them easily because if she did she wouldn't get the press that goes along with them. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean that she consciously does this but there is no doubt that when she is with them she manages to get attention. The longer this goes on the more pathetic she appears. I'm sure she has enough money to live quite well IF she didn't feel entitled to a very, very extravagrant lifestyle. She is really appearing very desparate.

The thing is, Sarah wants to be a part of a group/society to which she really does not belong. She somehow manages to keep appearing at various events as though she is some sort of "special person" and she is not. She is merely the ex-wife of the Duke of York and the Mother of Beatrice and Eugenie and that does NOT qualify her as a special person in society. She loves the press attention, I suspect she truly feels she is nothing without it. Her girls are adults and yet she still manages to hold their hands in public as if they were children and in this case she is the child. I don't see her letting go of them easily because if she did she wouldn't get the press that goes along with them. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean that she consciously does this but there is no doubt that when she is with them she manages to get attention. The longer this goes on the more pathetic she appears. I'm sure she has enough money to live quite well IF she didn't feel entitled to a very, very extravagrant lifestyle. She is really appearing very desparate.

Well said.

Try reading up histrionic personality disorder. Whilst I'm not saying it definately fits, I am saying it possibly could.

None of this helps her. It only exagerates her problems/issues. I almost wish she would retire to a convent like royals used to do.

Sarah is obviously not able to realise that it has been herself who has destroyed her chances at living a fulfilling and dignifiedlife. She probably thinks today on being down that life as a Royal wife was so much more better and wishes to be back there - musing about the Royal Wedding that once she was the celebrated bride but not understanding it was doing why she is not longer Royal and not longer respected.

Sarah was not cut for Royal life back then and she isn't now. Not at all. She believes in some sort of childhood dream of a princess who can do whatever she wants without any responsibility and without having to pay a price for her doings. Wrong, Sarah!!

Good or bad, they were her parents. Now that they are both deceased and can't defend themselves...there's something very wrong about slandering them publicly and trying to blame them. Sarah's 51 years old and responsible for her own actions.

I always thought Sarah got a rough deal in the marriage to Andrew.
She was not allowed to be a navy wife and follow him and was
left alone to immediately carry on appointments, etc. And then the poor
divorce settlement.

Both her and Andrew are to blame for how things turned out.

BUT WHY OH WHY CAN SHE NOT JUST STOP GIVING INTERVIEWS AND
JUST GET ON WITH A LIFE OF HER OWN.

She has worn us out and used up all our sympathy.

Actually, there is an excellent thread here discussing Sarah's divorce settlement. It was pretty darned generous.

But I certainly agree.

Surely she deserves a little more compassion here. I found that quote about her mother shocking and heartbreaking.

Also, whilst I understand people saying that they don’t want to read about her problems, this has to be taken within the context of the show. Obviously the newspapers who have seen previews of Finding Sarah are looking for the “juiciest” bits – it’s not as if she said this in a newspaper interview.

Some people may find the notion of “public therapy” disagreeable, but there may well be a sense in which this could be genuinely beneficial and cathartic to her – to get all this out in the open. The negatives in Sarah’s life (scandals, debts, etc.) have been played out in the public arena, and many people have judged her very harshly about certain aspects of her life. So perhaps it’s appropriate that the difficult issues that she has had to contend with are made public as well, so that people have a more rounded notion of who she is, and perhaps see her failings in a kinder light.

The final point I’d make is that the show is surely aimed primarily at those who feel positively towards Sarah. I believe that the viewing public will be empathetic towards her and admire her honesty and openness. Once the papers pick it up, it goes to a wider audience, which is inevitable (and of course gives publicity to the show), but I think the context of when and where this was said is all-important.

FergieFan - blaming a dead parent for something that may or may not be true (and who is to say that it is true? Susan Barrantes is long dead) is in poor taste no matter what her "reasons." And since Sarah is clearly being paid for undergoing this "therapy" as well as it being a launching pad for her new book, then in essence Sarah is selling out the (revised) memory of her for thirty pieces of silver.

Sarah always went on and on about how great her mother was and how she stuck by her in her lowest points, blah blah. Now she turns around again and comes up with this canard.

Sarah alone seems to believe that she has no time limit on growing up and accepting responsibility for herself, and no limits at all on who she will blame for what went wrong in her own life, as long as she doesn't have to put the blame on herself.

I'm shocked at the part where she, in essence, says that her daughters raised her. After she's gotten done trashing her mother, she decides to remain a child and let her children take over. How much is wrong with that? I think sort of everything.

I'm glad the Queen is yet alive, and Prince Philip, because God alone knows what Sarah is going to say in order to feast off their corpses when the time comes. Sarah praises the Queen highly, just as she has traditionally praised her mother. And this is what comes of it.

Because make no mistake, Sarah will do this again. In a year, when whatever money she's brought in from this venture is long gone, she will cast about for someone/something else that victimized her, using psychobabble buzz to frame it, and trumpet her victimization all over again. Who will be next for her to blame? I have a pretty good idea what will be next on her "hit" parade, now that she's trotted out the "child abuse" accusations.

I sincerely wonder if the Queen has considered striking a deal with Oprah to buy the series and have it vanish. Then again, if I were the Queen, I'd let Sarah keep on with her whirl-a-gig of fantastical outbursts. It would be in my interest, if most definitely not in hers.

I think that Sarah likes to embroider the past, there are some people who just can't take the blame for anything, it has to be someone's, anyone's fault but never ever theirs. As to her children acting as mother's to her, I think that is just sick.
I only hope that the Queen outlives even her own mother and that the two Princesses will take their grandmother as their model and not their mother. Love her, fine, but as someone to emulate, no way.

It all comes back to age and experience. If Sarah was in her thirties and coming off her first scandal I'd understand but this is just pathetic. Elton John and a few others are the same, "Oh look you're dead time to jam the knife in instead of just getting over it."

If you couldn't make peace in life, thems the breaks. It sounds harsh but are we really suppose to baby a women in her fifties whose M.O. involves learning nothing from the past?

This is a confession of convenience. Can't just blame yourself cause that's boring and overused. Can't blame your daughters as they've done nothing wrong on top of suffering abuse because of you and you're not blaming your sugar daddy er I mean ex husband so go after your parents, they're not their to defend themselves and family squabbles make for good TV.

It wouldn't surprise me if Oprah encouraged this but it still comes down to Fergie being too weak to say no because someone is offering her an opportunity.

I agree that the saddest and most dysfunctional thing about Sarah is that she is publicly leaning on her daughters, and, as NotaPretender says, she is letting them raise her. This is going to emotionally cripple them and seems to have prevented PA from moving on and finding someone to spend his life with.

The idea that she would publicly turn on the Queen and Prince Philip is horrifying.

Next we'll probably hear about how her ambitious father pushed her into a marriage she wasn't prepared for; never mind that she was in her mid-twenties at the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom